Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So TV ratings for the final just dropped 99.9%?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • And moved to FS2.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


      Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

      Comment


      • Strangest shootout I've ever seen.
        A bad cause requires many words.

        Comment


        • I don’t think it was going to get great ratings anyway given it was a 6am ET kick.

          This team just had no offensive rhythm. Defense wins championships, but in a sport that comes down to a shootout you can’t only have that. In four games they gave up one goal. Just two shots on goal (though essentially three with Portugal’s shot off the post). Even in games where they didn’t dominate possession percentages they still weren’t allowing the opponent to do much.

          But scoring goal a game isn’t going to get it done, especially when you spread one across three games. There’s a reason why the only other WC/Olympic squad to score less than 1.8 a game also has their only other non-bronze or better finish, that being the 2016 Olympic team. That team only had 1.5 a game. The first two Olympic squads were 1.8, and every other team scored at least 2 a game.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • So with US and Germany out, Japan’s to lose?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I was ****ed when they put Rapinoe in, and even more annoyed they allowed her a PK since her set pieces were awful all game. Her ball striking was just off. Bad decision making there.
              Rapinoe never even should have been on the team.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

              Comment


              • The team always seems to have a hard time with aging stars retiring. A friend of mine was supposed to be the next big thing and it’s hard to do when a bunch of people
                wont retire (in this case it was lily/hamm/chastain era but I feel like it still happens and kind of stymies the up and comers

                I’m not paying close attention so perhaps more young ones are getting the nod but I was puzzled by rapinoe

                Comment


                • Fulham has as many players from Brazil (4) as Britain (England 2, Scotland 1, Wales, 1).
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

                    Rapinoe never even should have been on the team.
                    Funny reading all the hate she is getting. Too bad the team had plenty of chances in regulation and booted hem in the stands.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      So with US and Germany out, Japan’s to lose?
                      I'm leaning towards Spain.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

                      Comment


                      • Lol former president is blaming Biden for the loss

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Lol former president is blaming Biden for the loss
                          There’s satire and then there’s satire.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • Didn’t post a for a while because I’ve reffing at our State Cup this week (in Fairbanks, ugh). Not surprised the USWNT lost, great defense but the offense was nonexistent all tournament. The Sweden game was almost a repeat of their match at the 2016 Olympics. Still sucks though.

                            Fascinating listening to the various coaches at the tournament here, one of the coaches here noted that every player who had a commercial during the tournament missed their penalty. Consensus among them was hopefully younger, talented players will be able to be worked in over older stars who shouldn’t have been there.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              The team always seems to have a hard time with aging stars retiring. A friend of mine was supposed to be the next big thing and it’s hard to do when a bunch of people
                              wont retire (in this case it was lily/hamm/chastain era but I feel like it still happens and kind of stymies the up and comers

                              I’m not paying close attention so perhaps more young ones are getting the nod but I was puzzled by rapinoe
                              Jena Kluegel?

                              The main way the USWNT makes money is attendance at games. Stars drive crowds so they’re allowed to play until they don’t want to anymore. That’s how someone like Rapinoe is still on the roster despite not even being a regular starter for her NWSL team. Also, the USWNT is very cliquish, players don’t get called back if they don’t “fit” with the group (ie. whether the veterans like them or not).
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

                              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                The main way the USWNT makes money is attendance at games. Stars drive crowds so they’re allowed to play until they don’t want to anymore. That’s how someone like Rapinoe is still on the roster despite not even being a regular starter for her NWSL team. Also, the USWNT is very cliquish, players don’t get called back if they don’t “fit” with the group (ie. whether the veterans like them or not).
                                Figure skating.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X