Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messi scores 2 more to eliminate Orlando City from the cup.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Another giant is knocked out! Germany only manages a draw against South Korea while Morocco pulls off a 1-0 upset against Colombia to move on.

Germany will not appear in the knockout round for the first time.

#2 #7, and #8 in the FIFA rankings did not advance out of the group stage.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Another giant is knocked out! Germany only manages a draw against South Korea while Morocco pulls off a 1-0 upset against Colombia to move on.

Germany will not appear in the knockout round for the first time.

#2 #7, and #8 in the FIFA rankings did not advance out of the group stage.
        With Germany out, Norway and Japan playing each other, and the USWNT teetering (and then having to play the winner of Norway v Japan), the possibility of a first time winner is pretty high.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Messi scores 2 more to eliminate Orlando City from the cup.
          All the Liga MX teams playing were eliminated last night.

Dallas beat Mazatlan
          LAFC destroyed Juarez 7-1
          Houston beat Pachuca on PKs.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            With Germany out, Norway and Japan playing each other, and the USWNT teetering (and then having to play the winner of Norway v Japan), the possibility of a first time winner is pretty high.
            Who would be the coolest dark horse? Morocco?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Who would be the coolest dark horse? Morocco?
              Jamaica?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I mean both those would be cool, but highly highly highly unlikely. What do they have, 3 goals between the two of em in group play? And that's a fair number given what they've shown offensively.

I think this tournament is shaping up to give teams like France, England, Spain a much better shot. Maybe you could throw a Nigeria in there but thats a pretty big stretch as well.

South Africa is the low-rated team who has actually looked like they could get a breakthrough or two when they needed it.

Comment

• Celtic starts defense of their title today at home against Ross County. And it's on CBS Sports Network.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Japan and Spain took care of business. 3-1 and 5-1 against Norway and Switzerland. Can’t say it’s all too surprising, Group A did not look very strong while Japan has looked the best and Spain has been a machine besides their game against Japan.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• I'd be surprised if US advances. Saying the right things to the press doesn't magically make you play better.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• The US has been the better side so far, but need to put one past a very good Swedish keeper

Comment

• I was ****ed when they put Rapinoe in, and even more annoyed they allowed her a PK since her set pieces were awful all game. Her ball striking was just off. Bad decision making there.

Comment

• Teed up, ready for a walk-off twice and they didn’t even make Musovic get a hand on it.

Couldn’t get any closer on the game winner. VAR needed more zoom.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I was ****ed when they put Rapinoe in, and even more annoyed they allowed her a PK since her set pieces were awful all game. Her ball striking was just off. Bad decision making there.
                              Totally agree. You bring in Rapinoe for her experience, but take Morgan off? Made no sense.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I'd say they can learn from the 2004 Men's basketball team, but those guys still managed a Bronze, not cratering in the round of 16.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X