Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinoy power!! (well not really if you check the roster)

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Pinoy power!! (well not really if you check the roster)
      Still counts.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Philippines winning is definitely a major indicator of how ridiculously deep the talent pool is for the women in the US. The American born players on the Philippines team are from the XYZ levels and yet they’re going toe to toe with teams at the World Cup. I’ve long had the belief that a zero caps US team would at least be a quarterfinal team.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I'm pretty sure that Apple/MLS is still receiving some form of payment from T-Mobile for that though.
          I'm pretty sure you are correct. One of those bulk deals.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Looking at some of these Leagues Cup scores and wondered how Leon got two points. Looks like they’re doing a shootout after 90 and winner gets the third point, so college hockey/IIHF rules where each game is worth the same.

So Leon and Vancouver tied 2-2, then Leon won the shootout… 16-15 in 19 rounds.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I think I may have underestimated how much of an impact Messi and Busquets will have on Inter Miami.

Messi started tonight against Atlanta and scored the first two goals in 22 minutes and then assisted on one more as Miami won 4-0.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Paul Mullin suffers a punctured lung vs Man Utd youngsters. That's a 6-8 week recovery for a guy with 46 goals last year.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• The new announcement protocol hit a little snag during the Spain-Zambia game. There was a goal ruled offsides that was under video review and the referee announced it as:

”after review, no goal. no offsides”
                  *pause, presumably for someone yelling in her ear*
                  ”no offsides, no offsides. Goal! Goal!”

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    The new announcement protocol hit a little snag during the Spain-Zambia game. There was a goal ruled offsides that was under video review and the referee announced it as:

As a referee, I’m not a fan of the announcement protocol. It’s not doing anything that the signals wouldn’t convey.

Now, if they could actually communicate an explanation of why they made the decision it would actually be helpful.

An example would be the red card in the Nigeria-Canada match. Instead of saying “red card to Nigeria #18”, say “After video review, it was determined Nigeria #18 kicked Canada #X in a manner that endangered the safety of the opponent. Therefore, the caution to Nigeria #18 will be rescinded and Nigeria #18 will be sent off for Serious Foul Play.”

And of course, maybe don’t force people who speak English as a second or even third language to use it. At least allow Spanish and French.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Dumb question, and I think I know the answer since it’s been discussed before. But watching the women’s World Cup, it’s mentioned many times players who played in US colleges. Just like many other Olympic sports.

Is there any chance that at least the women’s rules adjust to be more international?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        The new announcement protocol hit a little snag during the Spain-Zambia game. There was a goal ruled offsides that was under video review and the referee announced it as:

So there actually is some challenge to announcing stuff like this...

In (US) Football, a member of the officiating crew will act as a scribe and will make notes/confirm what the Referee is actually announcing in a quick chat before the announcement. And they are making sure what is said exactly matches that. If not, they make sure a correction is made.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

In (US) Football, a member of the officiating crew will act as a scribe and will make notes/confirm what the Referee is actually announcing in a quick chat before the announcement. And they are making sure what is said exactly matches that. If not, they make sure a correction is made.
                          If they’re following the VAR protocols properly then the referee is supposed to confirm the final decision with the VAR before leaving the monitor.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Dumb question, and I think I know the answer since it’s been discussed before. But watching the women’s World Cup, it’s mentioned many times players who played in US colleges. Just like many other Olympic sports.

Is there any chance that at least the women’s rules adjust to be more international?
                            For the NCAA rules? Doubtful. The length of the seasons would have to be extended in order for teams to get proper rest if they moved to limited substitutions and the schools have been actively resistant to that kind of change (because it’s more expensive).
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Yeah, but in football they’re writing down the line of scrimmage, which hash the ball is to be placed, if time needs to be added back on, if the clock is on the snap or on the ready, where the chains need to be set, if there’s a penalty, if there’s a player ejected. They’re writing down a lot more than just the announcement.

These World Cup ones have literally been “after review, there is offsides. No goal” or at most they’ll add “yellow card to #17.” Like Jim said, it doesn’t add much because they’re doing the signals along with it, so it’s providing no more information than before. Plus, I’m not sure how much practice they did with it, because most of them seem to be screaming into the mic, which is the opposite of what you’re supposed to do. So now we’re getting bad audio from (in some cases visibly nervous) officials in their second (or third or fourth) language and it’s causing more communication issues than just making a square and pointing.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Joe Lewis, the billionaire owner of the soccer team Tottenham Hotspur, may one day be leaving the soccer pitch for a prison cell.
                                The British businessman was charged Tuesday by the United States with insider trading.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bill...210000533.html
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X