This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    MN was at 10 men for 60 min of that game. Crazy they still added 3 goals and conceded none.
    Having Reynoso probably helps. He’s the kind of player that the lower Liga MX teams won’t have.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Personal power rankings through (almost) the first round of games:

1. Germany
      2. Spain
      3. Japan
      4. USA
      5. Brazil
      6. Netherlands
      7. Sweden
      8. England
      9. Denmark
      10. New Zealand
      11. Switzerland
      12. Australia
      13. France
      14. Italy
      15. Canada

New Zealand could clinch a knockout round berth tonight with a win and a Switzerland win/draw against Norway.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Portugal no have the chicks?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• MLS Season Pass approaching 1 million subscribers.

This is pre-Messi so they may well be over that number now. That does include season ticket holders who get it for free though that number is likely around 200-300k because it’s by account not seat.

That’s a pretty darn good number for something six months old.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            MLS Season Pass approaching 1 million subscribers.

This is pre-Messi so they may well be over that number now. That does include season ticket holders who get it for free though that number is likely around 200-300k because it’s by account not seat.

They are giving away MLS Pass from now until the end of September. That should help those numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

They are giving away MLS Pass from now until the end of September. That should help those numbers.
              They’re definitely trying to get people in the door. Still, one million subscribers is not bad for a league that was averaging 300k on their national broadcasts before.

It’s fun watching the doomers like World Soccer Talk constantly move the goalposts after they spent so much time reporting how unhappy Apple was and about how Apple was going to use their opt-out clause any day now.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Apple would be the first reason for me to not get it sadly. Just not into them.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Over the weekend the Saudis offered €300 million for Kylian Mbappe.

Today PSG have accepted.

It is now up to Mbappe and the Saudis to agree to terms. One (unconfirmed) report has the Saudis offering him €700 million for one season, at which point he is free to join Real Madrid.
                  Saw some discussion today, because of Cristiano and his Messi comments and the buzz of Messi’s debut plus Mbappe, about the Saudi league and how to actually watch the games.

Apparently, it’s on a streaming service called Shahid. It’s sports package is $160 a year (double the price of MLS Season Pass), there’s no English commentary (let alone Spanish or French as on MLS Season Pass), and the menus may not be available in English either (haven’t been able to confirm).
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Apple would be the first reason for me to not get it sadly. Just not into them.
                    TBF, you don’t need an Apple device to watch AppleTV.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Portugal no have the chicks?
                      There isn't really a great reason why they aren't better. At least on the surface they appear to care. They host the Algarve Cup every year. Until about five years ago when more and more countries started hosting their own mini-tournaments, it was essentially a third major cup featuring the top teams, plus Portugal. Given that you'd think there would be a culture built or some investment put in, but they've only finished in the top three once.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

There isn't really a great reason why they aren't better. At least on the surface they appear to care. They host the Algarve Cup every year. Until about five years ago when more and more countries started hosting their own mini-tournaments, it was essentially a third major cup featuring the top teams, plus Portugal. Given that you'd think there would be a culture built or some investment put in, but they've only finished in the top three once.
                        Sexism is a powerful force. They never put the resources in that they should have. There’s a reason why other countries started their own tournaments, the Algarve Cup never bothered to improve their infrastructure for broadcasting (among other things).
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          MLS Season Pass approaching 1 million subscribers.

As a T-Mobile customer, I get it for free also.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• A penalty and a howler put Colombia up 2-0 over Korea in the first half.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

As a T-Mobile customer, I get it for free also.
                              I'm pretty sure that Apple/MLS is still receiving some form of payment from T-Mobile for that though.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Fox had the Bear on pregame (betting expert who used to be on College Gameday) and he was talking about the letdown a team like New Zealand could have after pulling off an upset in the first game and now being the favorite in their next game. I thought it was just a talking point to fill time, but apparently he was on to something. Philippines pulls off their own upset 1-0 and are now a draw away from moving on.

NZ would’ve clinched a knockout round berth too since Norway and Switzerland drew. Co-hosts may have just done themselves in.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X