This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wasn't it smoltz who also lost game 7 of '91? Pitched 7.1 shutout innings and his relievers held another 1.2 innings of shutout.
    I thought about that. But his line beyond no runs wasn't that spectacular (6 h, 1 bb, 4 k).
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I thought about that. But his line beyond no runs wasn't that spectacular (6 h, 1 bb, 4 k).
      Yeah, 10k and 4 W/H would have been up there then. Maybe he gets a lifetime achievement award.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

My research turns up Jerry West in the 1969 NBA Game 7.
        Ooh that's a good one. Especially since that was the story of his whole career (at least if that HBO mini-series taught me anything).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Thurman Thomas had 190 yds, 1 TD on 20 touches (15 rush, 5 rec) in a Super Bowl loss to the Giants.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Lebron in all the Cavs-Warriors finals. He went 1/3 when they won in ‘16, but has an argument for 3/3.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That's a really good question. Greatest Show on Turf comes to mind. Came up a yard short IIRC. Not sure what individual performances were like.
              For some reason I thought St Louis lost that game. Never mind.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 2018 Winter Olympics curling gold medal match.
                Code:

Comment

This is a great question from a Blocked poster.

My research turns up Jerry West in the 1969 NBA Game 7.

Chuck Howley won Super Bowl V MVP, and was the first defensive player to win it, but he was playing for the Colts.

Bob May at the 2000 PGA Championship is another choice, if that counts as the championship.
                  Reggie Leach for the Flyers in 1976? Won the Conn Smythe despite being swept by the Canadiens.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Along those lines, a question for the people who follow soccer closer than I do, as much as we were hearing about Messi being the GOAT, when all is said and done, could he have not even been the best player on the pitch yesterday, with Mbappe being there, by the time their careers are over. Given what Mbappe did last WC and how he almost pulled off something crazier this time, and he's only 23, how difficult would it be for him to eventually eclipse Messi? Granted this is only looking at WC; how do their club accomplishments stack up?
                    I think Mbappe could surpass Messi but he's gonna need a lot more at the club level, a Champions League at the least but honestly multiples would probably be needed to pass Messi. To be honest, he's not even the best French player of all time, Zidane still has him beat.

On that note, I never understood the Maradona > Pele talk other than Argentinian and Italian jealousy. Maradona did jack s- at the club level, winning only a singular Argentinian title plus two Serie A titles and a UEFA Cup with Napoli. Pele had 6 Brazilian titles (including 5 straight), two Copa Libertadores (the South American Champions League), and two Intercontinental Cups (now the Club World Cup). And that's not even getting into comparing their World Cup accolades.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Here is a question that ran through my mind last night, and honestly, I couldn't come up with any names.

Has there ever been a player, in any sport, in the final (championship) game of that sport, who had a better performance than Mbappe had, and lost. I'm not even a big soccer guy, and it didn't bother me to see Messi win, but I sort of felt bad for Mbappe.

It's like throwing for six touchdowns in the Super Bowl and going down hard.
                      Maybe Ron Hextall forcing 7 games against Gretzky, Messier, and the rest of the 1987 Edmonton Oilers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Reggie Leach for the Flyers in 1976? Won the Conn Smythe despite being swept by the Canadiens.
                        I was trying to hold it to performance in a single game that decided the title (a championship game or a Final game 7).

If we open it to greatest performance in any loss, there is only one choice.

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          On that note, I never understood the Maradona > Pele talk
                          People actually say that?! Do any of these people have brains?
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I was trying to hold it to performance in a single game that decided the title (a championship game or a Final game 7).

If we open it to greatest performance in any loss, there is only one choice.

It helps he was high as hell.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

It helps he was high as hell.
                              I believe you're thinking of someone else.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I believe you're thinking of someone else.
                                Shoot. Yes, Dock Ellis I was thinking of.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X