X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Jesus that is heart-breaking.
    He lost the 2014 World Cup Final then lost back to back Copa America Finals in 2015 and 2016 on kicks, quit international soccer, and then got begged to come back in 2017.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Well, for Carli Lloyd, as a general rule, if you're on the same side as Hope Solo you're probably not in the right.

TBF, Alex Morgan isn't much better either. She can't take her kids to Disney World for a reason...
      LOL. I guess the Pats are as-sholes, too. It happens when there's greater distance between you and second than second and last.

I cannot imagine what pr-cks the 70s UCLA men likely were.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, for Carli Lloyd, as a general rule, if you're on the same side as Hope Solo you're probably not in the right.

TBF, Alex Morgan isn't much better either. She can't take her kids to Disney World for a reason...
        Drunks are common at Epcot, been there done that several times , It gets really bad during food and wine festival
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Drunks are common at Epcot, been there done that several times , It gets really bad during food and wine festival
          Can confirm. My daughter worked surge at Epcot when they got slammed. Getting blackout drunk in front of your young kids at Germany Pavilion is the Midwesterners' European Grand Tour.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-18-2022, 04:29 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Old ref has some problems...
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Old ref has some problems...
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• These new Captcha images are complex.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

These new Captcha images are complex.
                  They’re all short, agile, and don’t pay taxes. So yeah, pretty confusing.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Stone only corrected himself because Landon Donovan said "And Carli Lloyd" to correct him when they were talking about players to score a hattrick in a World Cup Final.

I'm sure Kepler's mind briefly ripped in half as they jammed in something American "to ruin the moment".
                    :-)

yeaterday on bein after the game they were talking about 2026 and kept saying “Mexico” (for the location)

two days ago in the world service an Arab football commentator was on talking how Qatar isn’t good and probably won’t even qualify for 2026 “in Mexico”
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• How do so many people get this so wrong?

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status...KT5wu_LpUclK0g

the ref is not going to allow a restart because you have your entire team off the field.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        How do so many people get this so wrong?

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status...KT5wu_LpUclK0g

the ref is not going to allow a restart because you have your entire team off the field.
                        Reminds me of how everyone in youth baseball thinks that giving the batter a high five before he touches home on a home run is an automatic out. Somehow the assisting the runner rule was grossly misinterpreted to include any contact.

Back to soccer officiating, the referee yesterday was the best I saw for the tournament in controlling players. Didn’t let himself get surrounded by massive groups and for the players that did argue, he sent them away in short time and didn’t let them hang around, and I don’t recall anyone touching him. Probably helped he appears to follow the Ed Hochuli bicep workout. Granted, those probably attributed to why he worked the final, but the referee in the third place game was the total opposite. I remember a few moments where had five or six Moroccan players surrounding and a few grabbing at his shoulders. I still don’t understand why that type of action is tolerated.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• "Next person who touches me gets a yellow. Anyone else will find out where I keep my red card."
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            "Next person who touches me gets a yellow. Anyone else will find out where I keep my red card."
                            -- Catholic HS girls
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Reminds me of how everyone in youth baseball thinks that giving the batter a high five before he touches home on a home run is an automatic out. Somehow the assisting the runner rule was grossly misinterpreted to include any contact.
                              Great, I predate* at least one schoolyard legend. I played baseball for 7 years and had never heard this myth.

* My ambition now is to be older than at least one major world religion. Goals change as you age.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Back to soccer officiating, the referee yesterday was the best I saw for the tournament in controlling players. Didn’t let himself get surrounded by massive groups and for the players that did argue, he sent them away in short time and didn’t let them hang around, and I don’t recall anyone touching him. Probably helped he appears to follow the Ed Hochuli bicep workout. Granted, those probably attributed to why he worked the final, but the referee in the third place game was the total opposite. I remember a few moments where had five or six Moroccan players surrounding and a few grabbing at his shoulders. I still don’t understand why that type of action is tolerated.
                                Because the powers that be tolerate it. The only thing stopping the referees from just passing out yellows for dissent is that fact. They want these games to finish 11 v 11. As long people keep watching, that’s all that matters.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X