Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the final being Argentina v France that means we won’t have a new winner yet again and stay at 8 countries.

Morocco winning the third place game would add to the list of countries that finished in the top 3.
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 12-14-2022, 03:11 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Messi vs Mbappe.

No matter the outcome it will be a passing of the torch. But will it be the old man finally filling out his trophy case with that last elusive cup, or the new blood cementing his place at the top with a second World Cup title?
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Messi vs Mbappe.

No matter the outcome it will be a passing of the torch. But will it be the old man finally filling out his trophy case with that last elusive cup, or the new blood cementing his place at the top with a second World Cup title?
        I mentioned it before but if Argentina wins then Messi will become the first player in history to win the Triple Gold of Olympic Gold Medal, Club World Cup and World Cup.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I will say that Argentina winning would be worth it to see how far the Eurosnobs will move the goalposts after a team with an MLS player on their roster won it.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• France wins easily
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              France wins easily
              Have you watched ARG play?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                France wins easily
                I'm picking Argentina. For what that's worth...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Looks like FIFA did it’s “Friday before the World Cup Final” newsdump press conference.

The big story is the Club World Cup was announced to be held in Morocco in February. So Seattle finally knows when it will play though the crap part is the MLS transfer window opens January 31st and the tournament is supposed to start February 1st. So, uh good luck getting new signings.

FIFA also announced they want to go forward with a 32 team Club World Cup every four years starting in 2025 I believe. UEFA and the ECA have not commented yet.

The under the radar news was regarding some women’s news:

FIFA wants to expand the Women’s Olympic tournament to 16 teams like the Men’s tournament.

FIFA is going to hold a Women’s Futsal World Cup. That means the USSF will have to create a Women’s Futsal Team (they’ve never had one because there have been no FIFA or CONCACAF women’s tournaments).

FIFA wants to start a Women’s Club World Cup. That means we might finally get a Women’s CCL (or “the Portland Thorns systematically destroy the women of CONCACAF featuring OL Reign, Chicago or North Carolina.”).
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    FIFA wants to expand the Women’s Olympic tournament to 16 teams like the Men’s tournament.

FIFA is going to hold a Women’s Futsal World Cup. That means the USSF will have to create a Women’s Futsal Team (they’ve never had one because there have been no FIFA or CONCACAF women’s tournaments).

FIFA wants to start a Women’s Club World Cup. That means we might finally get a Women’s CCL (or “the Portland Thorns systematically destroy the women of CONCACAF featuring OL Reign, Chicago or North Carolina.”).
                    The reactions to this in the WoSo world are not what I expected.

For a community that has banged on about equality and how FIFA doesn't do anything for the women's game, they rail against this?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: The 32 club World Cup, why? Besides $$$. That will just be a rehash of the UCL. UEFA would be in line for like 20 slots.

Someone else on Twitter posted all the summer events now between nations leagues and confederation cups and now the club World Cup and the actual World Cup and asked “when are the players supposed to rest”?

I just don’t see the point in expanding it. I get the current one isn’t very popular and that’s probably why they’re doing this, but since the concentration of talent is in Europe plus like four teams in Brazil this is like taking all the teams that make the NBA playoffs and putting them in another tournament against Eurobasket champion teams to find the “real best team” when we already know the answer.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Re: The 32 club World Cup, why? Besides $$$. That will just be a rehash of the UCL. UEFA would be in line for like 20 slots.

Someone else on Twitter posted all the summer events now between nations leagues and confederation cups and now the club World Cup and the actual World Cup and asked “when are the players supposed to rest”?

I just don’t see the point in expanding it. I get the current one isn’t very popular and that’s probably why they’re doing this, but since the concentration of talent is in Europe plus like four teams in Brazil this is like taking all the teams that make the NBA playoffs and putting them in another tournament against Eurobasket champion teams to find the “real best team” when we already know the answer.
                        $$$$ is the main answer.

The other answer is that other continents need chances at meaningful games to grow. Europe is essentially walling themselves from the rest of the world competition wise with the Nations League and the European clubs are quickly vacuuming up the talent and media rights money.

The CWC should absolutely be a thing, though I’d prefer the current format.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Re: The 32 club World Cup, why?
                          Why 32 MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL teams when 16 was enough?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Croatia/Morocco 3rd place match at 10. Kill some time before the riveting, edge of your seat, Wasabi Fenway Bowl between Cincy and Lou-uh-vul.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...elbourne-derby
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                The Melbourne derby turns into a s-show? Shocking.

Whole lotta stupidity there but throwing the flare back into the crowd is probably not the best idea. Understand why he did it but not smart.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X