This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The double tweeting was dumb and sign that he had no control. ARs coming in to help is absolutely correct and taught, the fact that he had zero conversation with them is a sure sign of incompetence.
    I guess this is the first time I've seen things escalate to the level the did at such a high stakes match.

From what I've been trained on, basically when the benches clear like that, and you have players getting into it with each other, you basically take a step back (literally, so you can establish a wide view and see more of what's happening) and just start writing down numbers of those who are being aggressors. Other officials should be doing the same. After things have run their course, all officials meet and discuss what they saw.

I understand "Talking players back from the ledge" to keep them in a game of this magnitude, but this seemed to be a lot of extracurricular BS going on. And it was specifically started because a player fired a "frustration shot" directly into a bench area. Under the general premise of Baseball, Football, or Basketball, at minimum, the player doing that is DQed from the game for being a moron who did a monumentally stupid inciting incident.

Like Sparty mentioned above, Soccer seems to allow much more theatrics among the players when it comes to talking with the ref about stuff. Practically every North American sport directs it's officials/crews to prevent a "gang bang" in each and every situation where one comes about. All conversations are one-on-one with the Referee/Lead/Calling Official and the rest of the crew specifically steps in to peel off those who try and join that conversation. Could be as simple as walking the person who wants to jump in away as you "talk them down" or as harsh as a DQ/Ejection. Soccer seems to have zero ability to deal with this.

I fully understand and appreciate a Center Ref's ability to use Preventative Officiating and their voice to manage a game. They are clearly masters of that craft most of the time. But that seems to be their only defense and when it goes off the rails, there is no recourse like is often seen in Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I gotta love how US sports fans (Probably all MAGAs) are openly showing their hate of soccer because soccer fans are openly excited and enjoying all the drama today.
      That match wore me out.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        That match wore me out.
        Both of them did. Thankfully I didn't have a horse in this race.

If the US had a match like today's, I honestly don't think I would have survived either possible outcome, lol.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• RaceBoarder, we’re trained in similar methods regarding what we call a “mass confrontation”. Like I said, I would’ve had at least two red cards, a few additional yellows, and likely initiating a review if I had VAR like he did.

There’s been a belief among referee groups that there’s a non-public directive by the powers that be at FIFA to referees to do anything and everything to keep games 11 v 11. I fully believe that exists now. TPTB want the spectacle and the ratings, they don’t give **** all about the BS this causes at the grassroots level.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Grant Wahl died today in Doha.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Grant Wahl died today in Doha.
              Talking about it in the Dead Thread but, he collapsed during the NED-ARG game. His Twitter has live updates all the way to NED tying goal. He reportedly was taken to a hospital in an Uber.

Family is suspecting foul play, he was kicked out of a stadium for wearing a rainbow shirt earlier in the tournament and posted an article about the death of a migrant yesterday among other stories. Family has said he received death threats in Qatar.

Family has contacted Biden Admin and State Department. His wife, a medical doctor and infectious disease expert, was part Biden's COVID-19 Advisory Board.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• This was genius:

Don't cry, 4-3 Argentina.

Comment

• I just received an advisory warning me of heavy snow and a temperature of 0 and freaked out...until I remembered I set my VPN to Manchester so I could watch the World Cup on BBC.

Comment

• Let’s go Morocco!

Comment

• I would have great joy if ronaldo and the limeys were sent home.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Yes! 1-0

Comment

• Death, taxes, Morocco is the World Cup semifinals.

Wait, what?

Comment

• What the ****
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• What is that awful noise?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                What is that awful noise?
                                are they vuvuzelas? It's got to be.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X