This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

As a fan I don't like it because it cheapens the Euro competition.
    UEFA makes a ton of money on it and that’s all that matters, rest of the world be d-ed.

Though they seem to be trying to get the CONMEBOL teams in it as well. That would be game over for the rest of the world.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• A long time ago I coached an alumni hockey game and we were losing late so I asked who wanted to go in when we pulled the goalie. Everyone raised their hand. So I waved them all onto the ice. Maybe South Korea can try that in the second half.

Comment

• Nice strike for South Korea. First time Allison has been beaten in the tournament.

Comment

• And with Brazil advancing, the hopes of an upset lie solely on the shoulders of Morocco.

(Sorry, Switzerland beating Portugal would not be an upset)
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            And with Brazil advancing, the hopes of an upset lie solely on the shoulders of Morocco.
            Atlas (Mountains) must hold up the (developing) world.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• So those pesky Brazilians might be pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                So those pesky Brazilians might be pretty good.
                Currently the favorites, at least at one sports book.

Brazil +220
                France +490
                Argentina +550
                England +750
                Spain +800
                Portugal +1300
                Netherlands + 1300
                Croatia +3200
                Switzerland +9000
                Morocco +12000
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Currently the favorites, at least at one sports book.

Brazil +220
                  France +490
                  Argentina +550
                  England +750
                  Spain +800
                  Portugal +1300
                  Netherlands + 1300
                  Croatia +3200
                  Switzerland +9000
                  Morocco +12000
                  I assume you noticed the sarcasm. btw I am showing my preference here but I put $100 on Netherlands because why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I assume you noticed the sarcasm. btw I am showing my preference here but I put $100 on Netherlands because why not?
                    Well, yeah I figured you knew the Brazilians were either the favorite or close to it, but I had just happened to look up the odds, so I thought I'd post it.

I don't think the Netherlands bet is a terrible bet, either, for the odds.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Can we all agree Donovan is not a good tv announcer? He's flat and adds nothing to the broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Atlas (Mountains) must hold up the (developing) world.
                        For the last time, Atlas held up the sky not the world.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Al Nassr will reportedly pay him $211 million dollars a season.

< Nathan Fillion gif >
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Welp, Ceuta and Melilla belong to Morocco now. Them's the rules.

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• At least we got one upset.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Morocco has only given up one goal the entire tournament: an own goal to Canada.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X