World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Our strength is in the midfield, you play to your strengths. Possess the ball so you limit your opponents chances and create enough that you eventually convert.

But hey, your strategy of giving up the ball and negating the teams strength in favor of one relying upon the two biggest weaknesses will totally work.
    Our strength in finishing is in counter attacking. Possession means nothing without scoring. I'd rather push for goals and lose than sit back and hope for a 0-0 draw.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Everyone during the group stages: “It was an obvious mistake to stop possessing the ball and go defensive and try to protect a lead.”

FTLT: “What if we did that the whole time!?!”
      Ah yes ..the soccer ref ripping anyone who disagrees as per usual.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Our strength in finishing is in counter attacking. Possession means nothing without scoring. I'd rather push for goals and lose than sit back and hope for a 0-0 draw.
        Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Ah yes ..the soccer ref ripping anyone who disagrees as per usual.
        In what way did in any of the 360 minutes played scream “counter attacking team”? The times they tried that strategy it failed miserably (and that was against Wales and Iran).

I’m not ripping anyone who disagrees, I’m the ripping the person who didn’t say a word all tournament and then suddenly comes in at the end and trots out their tired “they should’ve counter attacked” schtick despite a mountain of evidence that it doesn’t work.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

In what way did in any of the 360 minutes played scream “counter attacking team”? The times they tried that strategy it failed miserably (and that was against Wales and Iran).

I’m not ripping anyone who disagrees, I’m the ripping the person who didn’t say a word all tournament and then suddenly comes in at the end and trots out their tired “they should’ve counter attacked” schtick despite a mountain of evidence that it doesn’t work.
          Maybe it's me...but I saw all our goals as counter attacking not breaking down and possession so your mountain of evidence seems to be lacking...and I didn't realize I had to be here the whole tourney in order to be allowed to have an opinion.
          Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 12-03-2022, 02:22 PM.
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Maybe it's me...but I saw all our goals as counter attacking not breaking down and possession so your mountain of evidence seems to be lacking...and I didn't realize I had to be here the whole tourney in order to be allowed to have an opinion.
            Tim Weah’s goal was off of winning a Wales long ball, Sargent getting a pass that he fumbled directly to Pulisic and Pulisic actually passing for once.

Pulisic’s goal was off an 11 pass sequence where the ball largely started from the GK Matt Turner.

Haji Wright’s goal was off of a recycle pass from a botched corner kick.

Weah’s goal is the closest to a “counter attack” and that still involved the midfield passing the ball up field.

Honestly, you’re just trolling at this point (and I’m falling for it).
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Tim Weah’s goal was off of winning a Wales long ball, Sargent getting a pass that he fumbled directly to Pulisic and Pulisic actually passing for once.

Pulisic’s goal was off an 11 pass sequence where the ball largely started from the GK Matt Turner.

Haji Wright’s goal was off of a recycle pass from a botched corner kick.

Weah’s goal is the closest to a “counter attack” and that still involved the midfield passing the ball up field.

Honestly, you’re just trolling at this point (and I’m falling for it).
              Ok...maybe not full counter attacking which I don't think needs to be just breakaways...but at least pressing...not just possession and trying to breakdown defenders in the box. Maybe I just see the game different from you and that's ok. And I'm not trolling...sorry you see disagreement as that. And you can easily not "fall for it"
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Ok...maybe not full counter attacking which I don't think needs to be just breakaways...but at least pressing...not just possession and trying to breakdown defenders in the box. Maybe I just see the game different from you and that's ok. And I'm not trolling...sorry you see disagreement as that. And you can easily not "fall for it"
                Even by loosening up your definition (pressing is not counter attacking), that’s still not what lead to the goals. You’re not “disagreeing”, you’re just trying to hammer home a solution despite being presented a mountain of evidence that your solution won’t work. You’re not “seeing things differently”, you’re seeing things wrong and trying to shape them to prove your point.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Even by loosening up your definition (pressing is not counter attacking), that’s still not what lead to the goals. You’re not “disagreeing”, you’re just trying to hammer home a solution despite being presented a mountain of evidence that your solution won’t work. You’re not “seeing things differently”, you’re seeing things wrong and trying to shape them to prove your point.
                  Then I just won't post.. I dont think Berhalter or his tactics are right..you do. Oh well. Be happy.

And you still haven't presented a mountain of evidence of anything...but you do you.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And it still would have ended with the same result. I'd rather play a style that gives us a better chance to win by scoring than one that hopes you can stop team from doing it when it always seems inevitable with our defense.
                    Tactics and strategy didn't give up 3 goals today. The inability to mark guys in the box did. If you leave people open by 5 yards in every direction they're gonna score.

We had our chances and couldn't convert, and then we had 3 massive collapses on defense that they didn't Rooney.

This particular game wasn't on the coach.

Comment

Then I just won't post.. I dont think Berhalter or his tactics are right..you do. Oh well. Be happy.
                      If you’re going to argue a point then bring some evidence to prove it, don’t suddenly burst in and go “we should’ve counter attacked!” and get all butthurt and cry conspiracy because someone said “you’re wrong and this is why”.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• In actual World Cup news, Messi beats Australia 2-1. 10 Argentinians also spotted on the field.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

If you’re going to argue a point then bring some evidence to prove it, don’t suddenly burst in and go “we should’ve counter attacked!” and get all butthurt and cry conspiracy because someone said “you’re wrong and this is why”.
                          Not doing any of that ..but again...you do you. If I'm wrong fine...but your evidence is lacking. Again...maybe I'm not fully getting all of counter attacking and I mean something else and that's on me. But the possession and trying to break down teams doesn't work IMO because we don't have the players for it.
                          Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 12-03-2022, 03:19 PM.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Tactics and strategy didn't give up 3 goals today. The inability to mark guys in the box did. If you leave people open by 5 yards in every direction they're gonna score.

We had our chances and couldn't convert, and then we had 3 massive collapses on defense that they didn't Rooney.

This particular game wasn't on the coach.
                            One thing I'd say is on the coach is starting Ferreira...he was God awful.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Not doing any of that ..but again...you do you. If I'm wrong fine...but you're evidence is lacking. Again...maybe I'm not fully getting all of counter attacking and I mean something else and that's on me. But the possession and trying to break down teams doesn't work IMO because we don't have the players for it.
                              “You’re wrong because I say you’re wrong but I’m not going to do or say anything to prove it.”
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

One thing I'd say is on the coach is starting Ferreira...he was God awful.
                                Sargent was injured, Wright was awful when he played against Iran, who else do you start?

If you want to go with the “he should’ve brought X” then there are counters to that argument as well.

Or are you just trying to find a stick to bash Berhalter with?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X