This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well, I’m certainly looking forward to seeing how USMNT Twitter twists this into to being Berhalter’s fault because our players are practically perfect in every way.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd it’s already happening.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Annnnnnnnnnnnd it’s already happening.
      Solution, stop following Twitter.

Comment

• No shame losing to a better team. NED was roughly a -225 moneyline fave so this would have been a pretty big upset.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Is lalas having health issues? His eyes are super jaundiced on my tv.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Expected Goals: NED 1.85 - 1.89 USA
            Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Solution, stop following Twitter.
              TBF, it’s not just Twitter.

The worst part? It’s that the most vocal people on it are big soccer people. People who are very knowledgeable but are falling back into the same ****ing trap: “it’s our system” “we need to get away from pay to play” “time to change everything” Same s-, different World Cup.

Honestly can’t wait for the USSF to be pressured into hiring some third rate foreign manager that’ll have us in the same situation in four years.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I look forward to seeing how this young squad shapes up in 4 years.

Comment

• I should add, it’s hilarious how the “experts” in this country continuously blast Berhalter for his tactics and adjustments yet multiple foreign outlets praise Berhalter for his tactics and adjustments.

The big thing that I think colors the discussion in this country is the prevailing thought of “we’re too talented not to score.” Well, we’re actually not that talented and we have no players who are actual goal scorers. We have a lot of good passers and good runners. I think a lot people, soccer people especially, are blinded by the “talent”.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I look forward to seeing how this young squad shapes up in 4 years.
                    I am too.

My only reservation is where the goals are going to come from. I just don’t know of anyone in the pipeline that can realistically do it.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Ditto. On home field next cycle? Yes please. Going to be a hard ticket to come by.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

TBF, it’s not just Twitter.

The worst part? It’s that the most vocal people on it are big soccer people. People who are very knowledgeable but are falling back into the same ****ing trap: “it’s our system” “we need to get away from pay to play” “time to change everything” Same s-, different World Cup.

Honestly can’t wait for the USSF to be pressured into hiring some third rate foreign manager that’ll have us in the same situation in four years.
                        We tried that.

(except he wasn't third rate)
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

We tried that.

(except he wasn't third rate)

Thankfully, the USSF having a Sporting Director (Earnie Stewart) and General Manager (Brian McBride) will insulate things from the way that got us Klinsmann (the whims of a USSF President).

(And yes Klinsmann was third rate. Everyone else in the world knew he was an overrated blowhard and L?w was the real reason Germany succeeded yet Gulati couldn’t help himself.)
                          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 12-03-2022, 12:12 PM.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I am too.

My only reservation is where the goals are going to come from. I just don’t know of anyone in the pipeline that can realistically do it.
                            Yet another reason to not play the system we do. Counter attacking would suit our players so much better.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Me too. I'm assuming this was many of the younger players first WC exposure, since we missed 4 years ago, so this experience is something to build on, given they were 3rd youngest I believe. Another cycle to build on, learn from mistakes, and then get to play at home, gets me interested.

Dumb question, do we do any sort of qualification for the next WC given we get the host auto-bid? If not, is that lack of additional experience something to be wary about?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Kudos to the Dutch. They took advantage of their opportunities. Kept their shape really well and made the timely plays.

Sigh...
                                I am no expert at all on soccer, but I agree. We attacked more earlier on, and the Dutch bended but didn't break, and kept their form throughout the game. There might have been some luck on their end we didn't get at least one in early on, but they were willing to play their game all 90 minutes and keep their composure and then strike when we gave them any opening. By far the best team we've played (which I guess is a nice way of saying they were clearly better than England).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X