No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Spain I'd rather play Croatia than Morocco and it didn't look to me like they tanked towards the end at all.

Comment

• Whether you argue in or out has there ever been a smaller margin deciding such a huge result?

Comment

• Sometimes it be like that. That's sport...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• From my almost perfectly biased POV, I think the GKs should be given quite a bit of latitude on making saves within the penalty area. If he's diving and there's no malicious attempt at the player, I don't think that contact should be a penalty. I'm just not a fan of that.

If the GK makes no attempt at the ball or intentionally trips the player after the ball is through (by lifting a leg or grabbing a leg) then yes. But this was incidental contact.

Edit: And he saved it. What a terrible and easily readable attempt. That GK read him like a book and even i knew where he was going from my monitor. Good.
          This was the Uruguay-Ghana game.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            From my almost perfectly biased POV, I think the GKs should be given quite a bit of latitude on making saves within the penalty area. If he's diving and there's no malicious attempt at the player, I don't think that contact should be a penalty. I'm just not a fan of that.

If the GK makes no attempt at the ball or intentionally trips the player after the ball is through (by lifting a leg or grabbing a leg) then yes. But this was incidental contact.
            I’m confused how offsides was lifted when that player was clearly in front of the goalie.

Unless they’re saying because he made the save it couldn’t have been obstructing.

That was also one of the worst PKs I’ve ever seen.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Oh man, that was a great camera shot of the Urugay player watching his shot while he was tumbling. Like watching a gymnast find the ground on vault. Excellent camerawork and great directing from the production team.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I’m confused how offsides was lifted when that player was clearly in front of the goalie.

Unless they’re saying because he made the save it couldn’t have been obstructing.

That was also one of the worst PKs I’ve ever seen.
                Lol, I missed it. I was actually doing some work. So I was only listening.

OH, fox just showed it. Neat. The foot was hanging back by uruguay holding him on.
                Code:

Comment

• That was an EXCEPTIONAL goal by South Korea. Absolutely the beautiful game there. They had FOUR unmarked in the goal area. Unreal. Just one of the best designed corners I've seen.
                  Code:

Comment

• In other great Ghana-Uruguay penalty history: the greatest red card ever taken?

https://twitter.com/kierancfc88/stat...Re6hPuGEkoHo-w

I forgot this was against Ghana, for some reason I remembered it being against Japan. Is this still the result that would happen under the laws today? Seems like there should be a rule like hockey has for an awarded penalty shot if it’s an empty net: just count the goal.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      In other great Ghana-Uruguay penalty history: the greatest red card ever taken?

https://twitter.com/kierancfc88/stat...Re6hPuGEkoHo-w

I forgot this was against Ghana, for some reason I remembered it being against Japan. Is this still the result that would happen under the laws today? Seems like there should be a rule like hockey has for an awarded penalty shot if it’s an empty net: just count the goal.
                      Nope, still red card and PK.

Like Suarez said, don’t miss the PK.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Agreed. If the loophole is there, take it and give your team a 15% shot at moving on versus a 0% shot.

These are some pretty interesting stats. As of 2016:
                        85% of regulation/extra time penalties are successful
                        In a shootout, that drops to 76%
                        If you need to score to stay alive, it drops to 62%
                        If your PK will win the shootout, it’s 92%
                        The team that shoots first wins 60% of the time.

https://blog.innerdrive.co.uk/sports...es?hs_amp=true

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Did he get cleated so bad that he tore his shorts?! Ouch

Also, the theatrics are way too much in URU-GHA. I still haven't forgotten the 2010 WC when their goalie acted like he broke his back when they were tied late. Then they scored a couple minutes later and he was literally doing flips on the field. Can't stand them.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Yup. A red card and a penalty? That's severe as it gets. The dude made one of the greatest plays in World Cup history. Took his punishment and they won the game. I have zero issues with it.

You said it best, or Suarez did, don't miss. IIRC, it wasn't even saved, it wasn't even close to hitting the net.
                            Code:

Comment

• How many times is Ronaldo going to get flagged for offsides before he stops playing suckhole?

Oh my god, URU's GK just took the spikes to the balls. OUCH!
                              Code:

Comment

• With the current scores, Korea just needs one more goal to move on with a 2-1 win because they own the goals scored tiebreaker.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X