This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Withdrawal from this WC? Seems pretty unlikely. The FAs like money too.
    The governments will get involved too.

France is already has the Qataris balls deep with PSG, BeIn, and a bunch of other stuff so they’re not going anywhere.

Germany needs a new gas supplier and Qatar is really their only option so they’re staying.

The UK is run by morons so they’re not going anywhere.

Spain and Portugal don’t ****ing care.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s happening.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      It’s an Athletic article so I won’t link it but, Denmark is apparently trying to organize a blanket withdrawal of the UEFA after the armband row.
      Danish PM (or former PM) was wearing a rainbow jumpsuit too. Looked like adult rainbow brite

Comment

• There are a LOT of canadians there. wow.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I don’t have an Athletic sub so I couldn’t read the article, but the summary tweet was ambiguous. Is it an exit from the World Cup or an exit from FIFA entirely following the World Cup?
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Wow, big moment.

Could be Canada's first ever world cup goal!?!
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Hooly **** he had two chances for that.
              Code:

Comment

• Ok, two observations.

1. I see Belgium's GK likes to stand behind the line during penalties like I do. I was once ****ed over by a ref who waited for me to save a PK and give the other team a re-kick before telling me I was behind the line. Absolute bush league move, especially for the league we were in. My entire team was yelling at him after that. Deservedly so. Anyways, cool to see other GKs do the same.

2. Are they allowed to be behind the goal line now?
                Code:

Comment

• This referee crew is done for the tournament. AR just called offside on Canada after a pretty obvious Belgian pass back.

Real basic AR stuff and the dude ****ed it up. At the World Cup that’s unacceptable.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Ok, two observations.

1. I see Belgium's GK likes to stand behind the line during penalties like I do. I was once ****ed over by a ref who waited for me to save a PK and give the other team a re-kick before telling me I was behind the line. Absolute bush league move, especially for the league we were in. My entire team was yelling at him after that. Deservedly so. Anyways, cool to see other GKs do the same.

2. Are they allowed to be behind the goal line now?
                    No.

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked.
                    It probably should’ve been reviewed.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

This referee crew is done for the tournament. AR just called offside on Canada after a pretty obvious Belgian pass back.

Real basic AR stuff and the dude ****ed it up. At the World Cup that’s unacceptable.
                      Yikes. That's something we knew well back in grade 8.
                      Code:

Comment

No.

It probably should’ve been reviewed.
                        Makes sense. It's never been clear to me if it's the foot, the body, or what that needs to be on (or above) the line.

So I finally just downloaded LOTG pdf. WHich I should have done before the tournament started.

Anyways, this is interesting:

When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, in line with, or behind, the goal line.
                        And the "or behind" was flagged yellow, which seems to be for new rules. It also seems to be in direct conflict with this:

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked.
                        I'm curious if the change wasn't adopted for this tournament and it's for future years or what.
                        Code:

Comment

Yikes. That's something we knew well back in grade 8.
                          Referee should’ve intervened too, “Defender! Defender!” over the mic.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Makes sense. It's never been clear to me if it's the foot, the body, or what that needs to be on (or above) the line.

So I finally just downloaded LOTG pdf. WHich I should have done before the tournament started.

Anyways, this is interesting:

And the "or behind" was flagged yellow, which seems to be for new rules. It also seems to be in direct conflict with this:

I'm curious if the change wasn't adopted for this tournament and it's for future years or what.
                            There’s a LOTG app too, that’s what I use.

The one foot rule has been around for a few years. The GK has to start on the line but can move and have one foot when the ball is kicked.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Referee should’ve intervened too, “Defender! Defender!” over the mic.
                              Was wondering if the ref even had a view of it.

Welp
                              Code:

Comment

There’s a LOTG app too, that’s what I use.

The one foot rule has been around for a few years. The GK has to start on the line but can move and have one foot when the ball is kicked.
                                I hope they clear up this language next revision, because it's somewhat contradictory.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X