Clear All

• 1-1 draw.

Iran breathes a sigh of a relief.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Wow, all of that jerking around with the ball on the back line is going to get them in trouble against England.
      TBF, I don’t think they’ll have as much possession against England.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• According to the reaction online, the US shouldn’t even show up on Friday against England.

I think the US has a good chance on Friday.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          According to the reaction online, the US shouldn’t even show up on Friday against England.

I think the US has a good chance on Friday.
          A chance to not lose by 4? ;-)
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• The decision by the US to sit back in the 2nd half and not continue to press is as responsible for that game being tied as the penalty. The US was dominating and a 2nd goal was likely to happen had they stayed aggressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

A chance to not lose by 4? ;-)
              Honestly, I think they can draw England.

Pulisic will have more space to work with instead of getting murdered nearly every time he gets the ball in this game, Reyna likely sees the field (he would’ve gotten injured this game guaranteed), and England won’t be packing everything in their own box when the US has the ball forward.

I’ll say it again: The US is a young team and they played like a young team today. Inconsistent, nervous, and full of mistakes. I think they’ll learn from this game and be better on Friday.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                The decision by the US to sit back in the 2nd half and not continue to press is as responsible for that game being tied as the penalty. The US was dominating and a 2nd goal was likely to happen had they stayed aggressive.
                I think they were definitely tired in the second half but Berhalter didn’t want to sub so soon because he was trying to trust his guys. It was a mistake by Berhalter but I understand his reasoning.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think they were definitely tired in the second half but Berhalter didn’t want to sub so soon because he was trying to trust his guys. It was a mistake by Berhalter but I understand his reasoning.
                  I get that but the drawback started early in the 2nd when having their legs shouldn't have yet been an issue. I'm not hopping mad mind you - this is an extremely young squad. But IMHO a squad that would had the energy for at least the first 20 minutes to control the play and possibly find a 2nd goal.

Comment

• To me, and mind you this is with just a passing knowledge of the various teams, this wasn't a great result but also wasn't a bad result, it was what you would expect from a tie. It was good how strong they looked in the first half, especially for a young team; it was bad in that it felt like they had a chance to win it but had to settle for the tie. My understanding is that England is probably the best team in our group, Iran the worst, and us and Wales are fighting for that second spot; so a tie doesn't gain us ground but doesn't lose us ground; stealing a point from England becomes very key; also getting to play Iran last, knowing what goal differential we need, is also key. But still have to play the games.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I get that but the drawback started early in the 2nd when having their legs shouldn't have yet been an issue. I'm not hopping mad mind you - this is an extremely young squad. But IMHO a squad that would had the energy for at least the first 20 minutes to control the play and possibly find a 2nd goal.
                      I wonder how much Dest and McKennie’s yellow cards have to do with that?

(Something BTW that is not being talked about enough)
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Pulisic will have more space to work with instead of getting murdered nearly every time he gets the ball in this game
                        Why would england play him any different?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Why would that change vs. england?
                          England will likely be pushing forward so Pulisic isn’t likely to have the ball in the middle third as much as this game (IMHO).
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• gotcha. Makes sense.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Can we talk about a positive thing?

George Weah is the only African player to ever win the Balon d’Or but he never got to play at the World Cup.

His son Tim scores in his first World Cup appearance.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Some good commentary here that reflects my opinion on the 2nd half decision making.

https://www.thescore.com/fran/news/2488976

Comment

Working...
                                X