Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever experimented with hockey subs for soccer? Infinite subs, on the fly?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Has anyone ever experimented with hockey subs for soccer? Infinite subs, on the fly?
      Only in futsal and the indoor game.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        A handy guide on the differences between NCAA, NFHS (High School), and IFAB (FIFA/Club) rules.

(Yes, it is confusing for referees too)

There’s no limit on how many subs can be made, only limit is on re-entry. 1st half and OT the player can’t re-enter that period, 2nd half the player gets one re-entry.
        Thanks!!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          And not too many happy about it.
          Found a few:
          “Minutes silence and black armbands are enough. Don’t postpone the premier league ffs,” read one tweet with more than 40,000 likes.

“Absolutely embarrassing, absurd decision. I can go to a gig, the cinema, a restaurant, a shop, a pub or various other places on Saturday but not a football game. Please explain why football is different,” wrote someone whose Twitter bio describes him as “Leyton Orient season ticket holder / Newcastle United supporter / general football enthusiast. Legacy fan.”

This one was a hoot:
          “brits when the queen dies vs. brits when a premiere league game is postponed due to the queen's death,” said another.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Time to go thru a brick wall -- for Wales?

@MichaelWarbur17: MICHAEL SHEEN is truly MAGNIFICENT.

Get a LOAD of THIS. https://twitter.com/Mandy6766/status...911681/video/1
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Wonderful interview with Clint Dempsey and Rob Green about 2010 World Cup.

If you didn't know the story about Clint and his sister who died, which I don't think he'd ever talk about in an interview before this (it'd been talked about before but not by him), it is really the essence of Clint. His sister was a ranked tennis player and the family couldn't afford both her tennis pursuit and Clint's soccer so Clint had to quit his club team. After his sister died he could go back to his club team and he's basically spent the rest of his life trying to pay things back to her.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• https://twitter.com/FootballMissess/...86506948857857
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Mookie and son (both son and Son actually) will be at spurs - Leicester Saturday.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Mookie and son (both son and Son actually) will be at spurs - Leicester Saturday.
                    Surprisingly a game that isn't postponed this weekend.

So Arsenal v PSV in the Europa League is postponed due to police staffing yet Chelsea will play their Champions League game the day before.

Brighton v Crystal Palace, Chelsea v Liverpool, and Man U v Leeds all postponed.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Are All Star Games not a thing in Europe?

Boehly, Chelsea’s owner, proposed one for the Premier League and the reaction is surprisingly negative.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Are All Star Games not a thing in Europe?

Boehly, Chelsea’s owner, proposed one for the Premier League and the reaction is surprisingly negative.
                        Seems pointless. They already play too many games a year with the various cups and season.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Seems pointless. They already play too many games a year with the various cups and season.
                          His plan was to do it to help fund the lower levels of the pyramid. Cool idea, but like you said, the calendar is probably already too full for guys in Europe.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Are All Star Games not a thing in Europe?

They were, in the 80’s and 90’s. They’d do all-star games for charity. Even FIFA did a few during World Cup years.

Then the clubs wanted to start adding matches to competitions like the CL and the all-star games went away…

The rabid anti-Americanism is hilarious.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• It’s hilarious how much they’ve tried to bury the existence of matches like this but, highlights of the 1997 FIFA All-Star game played in December before the 1998 World Cup draw. So yeah, all-star games have existed. They just don’t want to admit it.

I mention how they’ve tried to bury the existence because, well, it seems like they are. Look at the Wikipedia entry for the draw and it only mentions it was held at Stade Velodrome, but no mention as to why it was held at Stade Velodrome instead of convention hall like usual.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Celtic fans had banners at their recent Champions League game that said “**** The Crown” and “Sorry For Your Loss Michael Fagan”.

The disrespect of it all…

I thought Claire Foy was fantastic and Olivia Colman was brilliant.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X