This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Any chance the US loses by 6 goals tomorrow and drops into the playoff? :-)
    Well, in the vibe out of Costa Rica is they’re going to rest starters to avoid suspensions.

So, 50/50.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• In a non-smarmy response, Costa Rica has scored 11 goals in 13 games. They haven’t scored more than 2 in any game. They sit back and counter. Chances are low they score six without giving up a couple.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Well, in the vibe out of Costa Rica is they’re going to rest starters to avoid suspensions.

So, 50/50.
        They should try to get as many suspended as possible, and then serve them for the playoff against Oceania. If you can't beat them shorthanded, what are you even doing!? ;-)
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Cameroon qualifies over Algeria on an away goal in extra time.

Tunisia and Morocco qualify as well.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Cameroon qualifies over Algeria on an away goal in extra time.
            Not just extra time, but in the 4th minute of stoppage time at the end of extra time. Crazy game.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Egypt accuses Senegal fans of terrorizing players in formal complaint to FIFA

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Egypt accuses Senegal fans of terrorizing players in formal complaint to FIFA
                That game had so many lasers it looked like a cheap rave.

Peru secured CONMEBOL’s playoff spot last night. They’ll play either UAE or Australia.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Polish cheer during qualifier: "Rosja karwa" to the tune of Yellow Submarine.

"Russia whore."
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So what's the dealio tonight?

Win and we're in?

Don't lose and we're in?

Don't lose by 6 and we're in?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      So what's the dealio tonight?

Win and we're in?

Don't lose and we're in?

Don't lose by 6 and we're in?
                      Don’t lose by 6 or more and we’re in. That’s it.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Don’t lose by 6 or more and we’re in. That’s it.
                        That's the easiest way.

Although, if we want to talk crazy hypotheticals, even if we lost by 6, we could still get an auto bid if Mexico were to lose at Azteca to El Salvador. Heck, we could even lose by 7 if Mexico were to lose at Azteca. : p
                        North Dakota

Comment

That game had so many lasers it looked like a cheap rave.
                          That was also collectively one of the poorest displays from the spot that I've seen in some time at this level. Maybe the lasers did their job?
                          North Dakota

Comment

• Costa Rica is being a little coy on whether they’re going to start with a full lineup or pull back and save starters from suspensions for the intercontinental playoff.

It reeks of classic CONCACAF s-thousing, of which Costa Rica are masters, but it could also be true.

Last word was Costa Rica was waiting on word from FIFA on the exact ruling.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Gregg Berhalter on his phantom handball against Costa Rica in 2000.

I always remember this play, and the absolute BS it was, but I’d completely forgotten that it was Berhalter.

The referee Peter Prendergrast was the ****ing worst, but because he was Jamaican he got all the assignments in CONCACAF. Unsurprisingly he was sent home from the 2002 World Cup for ****ing up.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Latest draw from the simulator:

Spain
                                USA
                                Morocco
                                Australia

Canada got a big oof in mine:
                                Belgium
                                Germany
                                Japan
                                Canada

Link
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X