This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I know. But it doesn't negate what I said -- they are the last ones to the party.
    Things like this can take time, especially in the IIHF where Russia has a lot of power.

As for FIFA, I’m betting Coke, Adidas, and the Qataris got on the phone after the previous announcement.

I’m shocked at how quickly US Soccer got their announcement out, considering how challenging it probably was to get everyone necessary together getting it out before Noon ET is impressive.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Things like this can take time, especially in the IIHF where Russia has a lot of power.
      Which is also causing a delay for Haas F1 to dump Uralkali sponsorship and their Russian driver.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• saudi magpies are on a bit of a hot streak. out of relegation for the moment, but have a tough stretch upcoming. keep it up boys!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• US Soccer TV rights to Warner starting in 2023. 8 years at $25 million a year, games on HBO Max with at least half on TNT/TBS.

So Warner is paying $200 million for friendlies and one cycle of home qualifying and I guess the SheBelieves Cup? No World Cup (Fox has that until 2026), no Gold Cup (Fox until 2023), no Women’s qualifying (CBS/Paramount), no Nations League (separate deal apparently). They may have the US Open Cup rights but that’s not clear. I guess Warner really values 2030 World Cup Qualifying, which considering CONCACAF will get 6 slots isn’t all that interesting.

ESPN and Fox, the current rights holders, didn’t even put in a bid.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Abramovich has Chelsea up for sale.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...aire-hansjorg/
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Abramovich has Chelsea up for sale.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...aire-hansjorg/
              Liquidation sale!

Comment

• US Soccer announced new friendlies for the USWNT in September against…

Uzbekistan.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

US Soccer announced new friendlies for the USWNT in September against…

Uzbekistan.
                  No different than a NCAA Basketball team playing the local community college in November...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Uzbekistan.
                    By September we may be at war with Uzbekistan.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Uzbekistan is ranked lower than Thailand in the FIFA Women’s Rankings.

My only thought is “that was the best available team to play?”
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Uzbekistan.
                        I saw that on the bottom line last night and thought they must be some fast rising team. But nope, it looks like they’ve been pretty stable in the mid 40s.

Guess they’ll put away a couple 7-0 wins to gear up some confidence for WC qualifiers.

One of the USWNT U20 WC qualifiers was on a couple days ago. Odd format. 16 teams play in the group stage. Four teams qualify directly to the knockout round as the lowest seeds and don’t play any group stage. But they end up playing the US, Canada, etc so it’s one and done for them.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• It's like men's soccer powers scheduling the US for a friendly. Sometimes you do nice things for countries with little talent.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            It's like men's soccer powers scheduling the US for a friendly. Sometimes you do nice things for countries with little talent.
                            Actually those friendlies are scheduled strictly for money. If they play here in the states they know they’re guaranteed a big crowd at a big stadium and a nice cut. At home they can sell tickets to Americans stationed abroad and their own people eager to see the Americans lose.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Ukraine has requested that their World Cup Qualifying Playoff against Scotland be postponed.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Uzbekistan.
                                In April according to this unless they play them in Sept too.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/202...and-chester-pa

A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X