This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Forecast for Edmonton, site of the Canada v Mexico match on Tuesday: Snow and a high in the 20s, game time temp expected to be close to single digits.

Chances of the game actually being played: 50/50.
    So what does FIFA expect Canada to do with their January match?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

So what does FIFA expect Canada to do with their January match?
      Vancouver has BC Place, the stadium that has hosted a Women’s World Cup Final.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Vancouver has BC Place, the stadium that has hosted a Women’s World Cup Final.
        I thought that the Men were strictly "outdoor only" for their possible venues. Wasn't that and turf the whole debate regarding that location in 2015?
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I thought that the Men were strictly "outdoor only" for their possible venues. Wasn't that and turf the whole debate regarding that location in 2015?
          Turf is legal as long it's approved by FIFA ($$$), Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton is turf as well, and indoor stadiums are used all the time (Sweden and Germany use them for example).
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• And now the El Azzurri...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              And now the El Azzurri...
              Qualified teams from Europe: Germany, Denmark, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland.

Group G with Netherlands, Turkey, and Norway will be decided tomorrow.

Playoff teams are: Italy, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Czech Republic, Poland, Sweden, Wales, Finland or Ukraine (Group D), Netherlands, Turkey or Norway (Group E), Austria, and North Macedonia.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Crazy stuff in UEFA too. A disastrous own goal (not quite sure how that possibly happened) sends Croatia to Qatar (and Russia to the playoff tiers),
                LOLPutin.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Totally forgot about the 5pm ET kick off for the US Jamaica game.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• So much for having a hangover from the Mexico game.

Weah scores and it's 1-0 US 11 minutes in.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• 1-1 at the half?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        1-1 at the half?
                        Yeah, Jamaica scored on a completely out of nowhere banger of a goal.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Totally forgot about the 5pm ET kick off for the US Jamaica game.
                          How could you with all the advance work done by (checks listing) "Paramount Plus"? Is that something on the DuMont network?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How could you with all the advance work done by (checks listing) "Paramount Plus"? Is that something on the DuMont network?
                            CBS.

Better than the "Closed Circuit TV only" matches from 2009.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The US has traditionally done well in the 2nd half. They cannot come out complacent. I realize "draw on the road" is never bad per se, but this is a match they should able to win if they put their heart & head into it. It doesn't help that there's about 500 people in the stadium but that should not matter. Get it done. Streams are available if you search.

Comment

• Just missed going up 2-1, and then Jamaica nearly scored right after. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X