World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

But Caribbean teams doing their normal gamesmanship with field conditions is fine? I'm not following you on this one, either.
    There’s a big difference between overgrown crabgrass and ice and snow.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Ultimately it’ll be up to referee but teams definitely influence things. If a team thinks conditions are not good (and Costa Rica and Mexico both will if it snows) and says “if force us to continue we will protest” it will absolutely affect things.

As for replays, that’s my other point. The schedule is so tight that there’s not any space for replays or postponements.
      So there is precedence for a Concacaf team to do just this - whine about the weather during WQ qualifying - and force a replay/draw?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

So there is precedence for a Concacaf team to do just this - whine about the weather during WQ qualifying - and force a replay/draw?
        Costa Rica tried to in 2013 after a snow game against the US in Denver though were unsuccessful because they wanted to continue during the game and protested afterwards.

If they had refused to continue playing and forced the referee to abandon the match they would've forced a replay or a potential draw (or just give the US the win since it was the second half and the US lead 1-0).

The hypothetical is this:

Costa Rica (or Mexico) shows up in Edmonton and either pregame or in the first half it begins to snow (not unheard of as Edmonton averages about 21cm of snow in November).

Costa Rica, having been through the mess in Denver in 2013, says "heck no we ain't doing this again" and refuses to continue.

Referee and Match Commissioner agree, match is suspended due to snow and icy field conditions. Forecast indicates snow for the rest of the night so the match will have to played/restarted the next afternoon.

Costa Rica says "no can do, we're flying commercial and our itinerary cannot be changed to get us back home in time for our next match in three days, we're out of here."

FIFA ultimately says "there's no space in the international calendar to make this game up before the qualifying deadline, the match will be considered a draw."
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• What a stupid rule. If you refuse to play you should forfeit and take the loss…
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            What a stupid rule. If you refuse to play you should forfeit and take the loss…
            That's basically how International Soccer works. It's just different from North American sports in pretty much every way.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That's basically how Soccer works. It's just different from North American sports in pretty much every way.
              FYP. Smart teams at all levels will try to pull stuff like this all the time.

In fairness, it’s not like other sports don’t have teams trying to pull scummy crap all the time. Heck, Little League Baseball is practically built on it.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• U.S. Soccer hits back after USWNT accuses federation of 'PR stunt' contract offer

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/us-...u1kf6jqdz7hh5m

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  U.S. Soccer hits back after USWNT accuses federation of 'PR stunt' contract offer

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/us-...u1kf6jqdz7hh5m
                  "USSF's PR stunts and bargaining through the media will not bring us any closer to a fair agreement," the USWNTPA charged on Twitter.
                  That’s a bold statement to make considering the USWNTPA has done nothing but try to negotiate through the media.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Two announcements made yesterday in bang bang fashion:

1. MLS and Liga MX announce expanded Leagues Cup starting in 2023.
                    • Both MLS and Liga MX will pause their respective seasons for one month during the summer to play Leagues Cup games
                    • All MLS clubs will participate
                    All Liga MX clubs will participate
                    2. CONCACAF announces major revamp of CONCACAF Champions League starting in 2024

The new Leagues Cup winner receives a bye along with the Liga MX and MLS Champions.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Roster for the next window announced.

No Pulisic or Reyna due to injuries.

Edit: No Sargent. Not injured but probably due to the fact he’s a forward who doesn’t score goals.
                      Last edited by Jimjamesak; 09-29-2021, 10:37 AM.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Club De Foot Montreal.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• I’ve read the obviously horrible stuff that’s come out about the NWSL but holy **** the “burn it all down” takes from people are terrible, especially from those with axes to grind in the US Soccer system.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Two announcements made yesterday in bang bang fashion:

1. MLS and Liga MX announce expanded Leagues Cup starting in 2023.

2. CONCACAF announces major revamp of CONCACAF Champions League starting in 2024

The new Leagues Cup winner receives a bye along with the Liga MX and MLS Champions.
                            What do you think of this?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Weston McKennie in the lineup...what a punishment

I am also coming to the realization that Christian Pulisic will never fulfill his potential because he is never on the field.

Jamaica gets away with what should have been a red card.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Weston McKennie in the lineup...what a punishment
                                He did miss two games, it is what it is.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I am also coming to the realization that Christian Pulisic will never fulfill his potential because he is never on the field.
                                Been saying this for at least a year, he’s made of glass and is too stubborn in his play.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Jamaica gets away with what should have been a red card.
                                Two.

CONCACAF refereeing drives me crazy.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X