This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Soccer is ****ed up compared to every other sports league in North America when it comes to this stuff. US Soccer needs to get on the same page as the fans when it comes to this stuff if they want to grow.

The fact that we are 6 weeks out from a once in 4 years event and I STILL don't know if I have tickets to the US/Costa Rica match is BS. Soccer being soccer makes fans jump through a crap ton of hoops as a cost of entry and it absolutely pushes people away.
    In fairness to the USSF, WCQ is not really the time to worry about growing the game, it’s about qualifying for the World Cup.

(And what this had to do with my original post I don’t know…)
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The fact that we are 6 weeks out from a once in 4 years event and I STILL don't know if I have tickets to the US/Costa Rica match is BS.
      Isn't that because of The Plague though?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That’s possible. It could be issues with the promoter too (remember, USSF doesn’t do these things themselves).
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No. This is how this works for all these matches.

They will announce a venue 2-3 months out. Then you just sit and wait for a random announcement saying hey, tickets on sale tomorrow 4-8 weeks out from the event. You also don't know ticket prices. Supporters tickets have ranged from $30-140/ea after fees so you have a soft idea what they will be but again, no details on exact pricing till its time to buy. In the case of WCQ "high demand" events (Costa Rica and Mexico) you are entered in a lottery, which is where I currently am sitting. They got my credit card info and will charge me if I get tickets. Tickets are 100% digital now.

Despite most of the fan base needing to get on a plane to get to these games, they keep info in the dark until stupidly short timeframes. It's completely detached from how 95% of other ticketed sports events work in this country and is frustrating.

JJ's attitude of "This is how it is. Change is the devil" doesn't help when new fans come onto the scene in every World Cup Cycle. And it's these World Cup Cycles that grow the game in the US. It's not MLS or off year tournaments/friendlies. People see the US Men's team 1st, and then maybe seek out MLS clubs if they really like the game. Not the other way around. That's what spurned my comments.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

JJ's attitude of "This is how it is. Change is the devil" doesn't help when new fans come onto the scene in every World Cup Cycle. And it's these World Cup Cycles that grow the game in the US. It's not MLS or off year tournaments/friendlies. People see the US Men's team 1st, and then maybe seek out MLS clubs if they really like the game. Not the other way around. That's what spurned my comments.
            Two things:

a) Yes, new fans come in every World Cup cycle but trying to appease new fans is not something that should be a high priority right now. If we qualify, then we can work on newer fans. Right now, it’s all about qualification.

b) I’m not a “Change is the Devil” person, I actually would like to see major changes in US Soccer. But, I also know how the sausage is made (to a certain extent) and I know it’s a near impossibility for changes to happen. And b-ing on the internet about ticket distribution is 1) not going to do anything and 2) really not very high on the list priorities.

Yes, it would be nice if the USSF was a highly centralized organization that ran everything in house and at the highest of quality. But there’s a massive group of youth and amateur club administrators, youth and amateur league administrators, youth and amateur State Association administrators, coaches, coaching administrators, referee administrators, Professional leagues, the MNT players, the WNT players that all have their own agendas, budgets, ideas, and jobs to protect. And they all have a vote and a say and they all pay fees. Yeah, change would be nice, but it ain’t happening.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Pulisic won't play on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Pulisic won't play on Thursday.
                Not too shocking. El Salvador is probably the least important opponent in this round of games plus he hasn't played much lately being out with COVID and all.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Not too shocking. El Salvador is probably the least important opponent in this round of games plus he hasn't played much lately being out with COVID and all.
                  My tummy hurts whenever we take anybody for granted but you certainly know better than I.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Here's the schedule mostly to remind me since I suck and always forget.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Schedule, September 2

Canada vs. Honduras
                    Time: 8:05 p.m. ET
                    Channel: Universo
                    Livestream: Paramount+
                    Moneyline odds: Canada -170, Honduras +475

Panama vs. Costa Rica
                    Time: 9:05 p.m. ET
                    Stream: Paramount+
                    Moneyline odds: Panama +195, Costa Rica +140

Mexico vs. Jamaica
                    Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
                    TV: Channel: Univision USA, TUDN USA
                    Moneyline odds: Mexico -650, Jamaica +850

USA vs. El Salvador
                    Time: 10:05 p.m. ET
                    TV: CBS Sports Network, Univision
                    Moneyline odds: USA -195, El Salvador +475

Do we root for Mexico to roll over everybody else to lessen our chances of winding up 4th (or worse)?
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-01-2021, 04:08 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

My tummy hurts whenever we take anybody for granted but you certainly know better than I.
                      *shrug* Three games in a week, even if he wasn't coming off of COVID he wasn't gonna start and play in all three. They'll be ok.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Oh, and there won't be any VAR in CONCACAF Qualifying.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I wasn't surprised at all just posting it was finally made official.

Comment

Here's the schedule mostly to remind me since I suck and always forget.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Schedule, September 2

Canada vs. Honduras
                            Time: 8:05 p.m. ET
                            Channel: Universo
                            Livestream: Paramount+
                            Moneyline odds: Canada -170, Honduras +475

Panama vs. Costa Rica
                            Time: 9:05 p.m. ET
                            Moneyline odds: Panama +195, Costa Rica +140

Mexico vs. Jamaica
                            Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
                            TV: Channel: Univision USA, TUDN USA
                            Moneyline odds: Mexico -650, Jamaica +850

USA vs. El Salvador
                            Time: 10:05 p.m. ET
                            TV: CBS Sports Network, Univision
                            Moneyline odds: USA -195, El Salvador +475

Do we root for Mexico to roll over everybody else to lessen our chances of winding up 4th (or worse)?
                            I want what I always want for Mexico: Suffering.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I want what I always want for Mexico: Suffering.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E
                              Cornell University

Comment

• In the “it could always be worse” department we turn to eternal member of said department Canada.

Soccer Canada, whose broadcasting rights are held by a stand-alone streaming service called Onesoccer (owned by Mediapro the company that held Ligue 1 rights in France and then promptly gave them up because they missed multiple payments, causing many French clubs to go into severe financial trouble), announced a deal with Sportsnet that allows Sportsnet to broadcast all the World Cup Qualifying games for Canada.

Announced today.

The day before World Cup Qualifying starts.

Soccer Canada everyone!
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X