This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Because those injuries would for sure happen to the other player? Strange logic there. :-)
    It’s fair to assume that the injury risk would be higher.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Kind of surprised at the reaction from the USWNT, they’re all “well, we got our butts kicked so we need to move on to the next one”. A very understated response, something very atypical for them, especially in a major tournament.

Granted, Hope Solo’s not around anymore so maybe that’s it.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Kind of surprised at the reaction from the USWNT, they’re all “well, we got our butts kicked so we need to move on to the next one”. A very understated response, something very atypical for them, especially in a major tournament.

Granted, Hope Solo’s not around anymore so maybe that’s it.
        All the best sports commentators on social media are saying this is because they kneeled before the game. Something they surely never did in the previous 44 unbeaten.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

All the best sports commentators on social media are saying this is because they kneeled before the game. Something they surely never did in the previous 44 unbeaten.
          As much as I disagree with the USWNT, I can’t stand those ****ing people.

Between the conservatards and the WoSo Stans any discussion about them on social media turns stupid real quick.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Kind of surprised at the reaction from the USWNT, they’re all “well, we got our butts kicked so we need to move on to the next one”. A very understated response, something very atypical for them, especially in a major tournament.
            Nothing a trip to Subway for a team meeting can't figure out.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Group B on the women's side had some crazy scores. Brazil 5-0 over China and Netherlands 10-3 over Zambia. Netherlands was expected to be a blowout, but not too often both teams have someone get a hat trick.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Group B on the women's side had some crazy scores. Brazil 5-0 over China and Netherlands 10-3 over Zambia. Netherlands was expected to be a blowout, but not too often both teams have someone get a hat trick.
                TIL that a) Marta is still playing and b) Pia Sundhage is the coach for Brazil.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Seattle, decimated by injuries and international call ups, are starting five teenagers against Austin. The first time in MLS history.

Obed Vargas (who is from Anchorage BTW) is 15. Probably the youngest ever starter in years.

Edit: Third youngest starter ever. Freddy Adu and Alphonso Davies are the only ones younger.
                  Last edited by Jimjamesak; 07-22-2021, 08:30 PM.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Good for the kid from Anchorage. That is a hell of a leap to make to get developed that quick and far coming from there.

US Soccer has also annouced that Austin will host the Oct. 7th WC Qualifier against Jamaica.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Vargas is a lot of fun to watch with the Defiance. Never realized he grew up in Anchorage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        Vargas is a lot of fun to watch with the Defiance. Never realized he grew up in Anchorage.
                        Yup, and his family still lives here. His dad still coaches (I actually just refereed his team Tuesday) and his sister (who's a year older I think, maybe two) is a better player I always felt. Kind of a sad contrast with two and the men's game vs the women's game, he got to move to the Sounders Academy at 14 and his sister will be lucky to get on a DII team.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Good for the kid from Anchorage. That is a hell of a leap to make to get developed that quick and far coming from there.
                          Refereeing his games it was pretty clear he was the best player on the field by miles, even if he was a PITA from a referee perspective. Crazy that in less than two years, he moved to Seattle and their academy in fall 2019, he went from playing in the Alaska State Cup to MLS.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Seattle gets to halftime 0-0.

That's a win in my book. I'm just happy they made it 15 minutes without one of the kids crapping their pants.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The second youngest ever lineup in MLS history, the lineup with 5 teenagers, wins on the road 1-0 thanks to a Raul Ruidiaz wonder goal.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• USWNT scores six in the first 45 minutes against New Zealand, but four are called back due to offsides. 2-0 at half.

Two were obvious. One was close, but still an easy call. One I thought might've actually been on, but a quick VAR check said it was still off.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X