This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I've always found it curious with how "rough" South American football can be compared to European football. Especially since many of the top players are based in Europe. You'd think that playing over there would help mellow things out, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I wonder if there is some resentment towards players like Messi for leaving (think blue collar vs white collar).
    That may be part of it but, it’s a lot to do with tactics (think “hack-a-Shaq”, Messi can’t be Messi if you hack him down at midfield) and officiating (persistent infringement is a caution but almost never used because of TPTB not wanting too many cautions).
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Denmark and England tied at 1 heading into halftime!

And 30 years ago the US win their first Gold Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Worse. Kansas City, Kansas.
        They have the same voting rights record.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Denmark and England tied at 1 heading into halftime!

And 30 years ago the US win their first Gold Cup.
          I was surprised to see Denmark has won the Euros before.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yeah, 1992. One of the craziest stories in soccer. They didn’t even qualify, they only played because UN Sanctions against Yugoslavia forced Yugoslavia out and Denmark replaced them.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Peter Schmeichel was that good.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Highlights from the Argentina v Colombia shootout with subtitles for the Argentinian GK’s trash talk.

I’ve done plenty of KFTM shootouts in my refereeing career but I’ve never seen trash talk, let alone like that.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Cornell University

Comment

• UEFA opens investigation into England for fan behavior during semifinal against Denmark.

It includes booing during Denmark’s National Anthem.

UEFA is so quaint…
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

UEFA opens investigation into England for fan behavior during semifinal against Denmark.

It includes booing during Denmark’s National Anthem.

UEFA is so quaint…
                      I thought that was mandatory-minimum to cheer for the Union Jack.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I think my one takeaway from the Euros and Copa America is that players, especially the top players, are fatigued from the sheer amount games lately, and it’s only going to get worse by the World Cup. Which sucks because I feel 2022 will be the last hurrah for a decently competitive World Cup. 2026 brings in 48 teams and, with the way the allocations are, there’s gonna be some awful teams and some big blowouts.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think my one takeaway from the Euros and Copa America is that players, especially the top players, are fatigued from the sheer amount games lately, and it’s only going to get worse by the World Cup. Which sucks because I feel 2022 will be the last hurrah for a decently competitive World Cup. 2026 brings in 48 teams and, with the way the allocations are, there’s gonna be some awful teams and some big blowouts.
                          The thing I hate is with all the extra teams it makes the qualifiers pretty meaningless for all the big countries. It means you have very little meaningful football outside of the big tournaments and you are 100% correct having the extra teams makes the tournaments a lot less enjoyable.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The thing I hate is with all the extra teams it makes the qualifiers pretty meaningless for all the big countries. It means you have very little meaningful football outside of the big tournaments and you are 100% correct having the extra teams makes the tournaments a lot less enjoyable.
                            Yeah, I don’t think we’ll approach USAvThailand at the 2019 Women’s World Cup level but with Asia getting 8 spots, Africa getting 9, and CONCACAF 6 there’s going to be some huge mismatches.

I guess with Europe only going from 13 to 16 means qualifying there will still be a challenge and one or two notable teams will still miss out.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Curacao out of the Gold Cup due to COVID cases among team, replaced by Guatemala.

CONCACAF everyone!
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• What was the algorithm for replacing them?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X