This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full World Cup Qualifying schedule is out

We better be qualified by that last window because… oof.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I just saw the that road game against Canada is in January.

That’ll be a fun trip to Winnipeg…
      I was actually eyeing that date as a possible road trip if we can get international travel back online.

Full Schedule

Sept. 2: El Salvador (a)
      Sept. 5: Canada (h)
      Sept. 8: Honduras (a)
      Oct. 7: Jamaica (h)
      Oct. 10: Panama (a)
      Oct. 13: Costa Rica (h)
      Nov. 12: Mexico (h)
      Nov. 16: Jamaica (a)
      Jan. 27: El Salvador (h)
      Jan. 30: Canada (a)
      Feb. 2: Honduras (h)
      March 24: Mexico (a)
      March 27: Panama (h)
      March 30: Costa Rica (a)

Now it's just a waiting game to figure out where I'm going for USA/Mexico in Nov. since we'll be given less than 24 hours notice before tickets go on sale and probably less than 6 weeks to book airfare/travel. Still the biggest clown show problem US Soccer needs to address if they ever want to be considered on a serious level in this country.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I was actually eyeing that date as a possible road trip if we can get international travel back online.

Full Schedule

Sept. 2: El Salvador (a)
        Sept. 5: Canada (h)
        Sept. 8: Honduras (a)
        Oct. 7: Jamaica (h)
        Oct. 10: Panama (a)
        Oct. 13: Costa Rica (h)
        Nov. 12: Mexico (h)
        Nov. 16: Jamaica (a)
        Jan. 27: El Salvador (h)
        Jan. 30: Canada (a)
        Feb. 2: Honduras (h)
        March 24: Mexico (a)
        March 27: Panama (h)
        March 30: Costa Rica (a)

Now it's just a waiting game to figure out where I'm going for USA/Mexico in Nov. since we'll be given less than 24 hours notice before tickets go on sale and probably less than 6 weeks to book airfare/travel. Still the biggest clown show problem US Soccer needs to address if they ever want to be considered on a serious level in this country.
        Conventional wisdom says the game in Canada will be played in Vancouver since, ya know, it'll be January and BC Place has a roof. Which would be awesome because I am planning to go to Seattle in January to watch a Kraken game.

Though there's chatter that Canada wants play that game somewhere else "outside" (which is a dumb move and only sets them up for a potential protest and forfeit).

Tickets for the Mexico matches are usually like that because they're trying to limit who can buy them and keep some semblance of a home field advantage. It sucks but it is what it is. The real clown show is not the USSF but the approval process that CONCACAF and FIFA requires for venues (and, as evident by the fiasco in Denver this month at the Nations League Final, CONCACAF isn't the best at organizing things), the USSF can't announce the venue until CONCACAF approves it (this is actually a good thing otherwise I shudder to think of the stadiums we'd end up at in Central America) and then they likely have to offer presales to season ticket holders for whatever teams' stadium it is.

On another note, there's rumor that Mexico match may be played in St. Paul instead of Columbus.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Full World Cup Qualifying schedule is out

We better be qualified by that last window because… oof.
          What will we need in those first 12 to qualify? Will 6-3-3 do it? And what do you think we'll get?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• National teams got new away jerseys.

Not a fan…

https://twitter.com/usmnt/status/140...590627330?s=21

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What will we need in those first 12 to qualify? Will 6-3-3 do it? And what do you think we'll get?
              We should be undefeated with that schedule. Garbage opponents!
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

People are making guesses, based upon previous Hex results and extrapolating out for two additional teams and the additional games, that around 21-24 points would guarantee qualification. 6-3-3 would be 21 and that’d be close. Based upon the matches, 21 through the first 11 matches (the matches prior to the last window) would be a wonderful scenario.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

People are making guesses, based upon previous Hex results and extrapolating out for two additional teams and the additional games, that around 21-24 points would guarantee qualification. 6-3-3 would be 21 and that’d be close. Based upon the matches, 21 through the first 11 matches (the matches prior to the last window) would be a wonderful scenario.
                  Thank you.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    National teams got new away jerseys.

Not a fan…

https://twitter.com/usmnt/status/140...590627330?s=21
                    Good Lord - they finally have a kit I can get on board with and then they pull this s**t out?

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

We should be undefeated with that schedule. Garbage opponents!
                      Why haven’t we qualified already?!?

Sad part is that’s a belief from some people.

Almost as sad as the Canadian fans going “we’re definitely going to qualify!”
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Good Lord - they finally have a kit I can get on board with and then they pull this s**t out?
                        Nike giveth, Nike taketh away.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Which is the kit we can live with?

I love the white one; the blue one is stupid:

Cornell University

Comment

Which is the kit we can live with?

I love the white one; the blue one is stupid:

The white one is good.

(that sounds bad…)
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The white one is good.

(that sounds bad…)
                              It's very 2016.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• There have been very few honestly in the past that would get me excited. The following range from wonderful to barely passable. The majority in their history has been downright dreadful:

1934 Blue

1950 Home

1988 Away

1994 Home

2000-2002 Away

2003 Third

2004 Third

2012--2014 Away

2020-2022 Home

Found another site. I don't hate these:

2019 Away and Home

2008 Away

2007 Copa America

The 1930 might be my all time favorite, 2019 has the best combo H & A by far.

Comment

Working...
                                X