This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Recruiting ex-pats and children of ex-pats from the “home” country helps.
    Looks like half of St Kitts are actually from England.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• It’s crazy watching France right now and how they’ve developed their system for both sexes. I’m thinking even if they used coed rules (5 men + 5 women + goalie) France probably beats the US by 3 or 4.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It’s crazy watching France right now and how they’ve developed their system for both sexes. I’m thinking even if they used coed rules (5 men + 5 women + goalie) France probably beats the US by 3 or 4.
        Coed soccer would be awesome.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s crazy watching France right now and how they’ve developed their system for both sexes. I’m thinking even if they used coed rules (5 men + 5 women + goalie) France probably beats the US by 3 or 4.
          Mixed soccer would be awesome. Say you have to have 5 of each gender on the pitch at any time.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Mixed soccer would be awesome. Say you have to have 5 of each gender on the pitch at any time.
            Nowadays the novelty would wear out pretty quick with France and Germany winning most of the time. Now, 25-30 years ago it would’ve been fascinating.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nowadays the novelty would wear out pretty quick with France and Germany winning most of the time. Now, 25-30 years ago it would’ve been fascinating.
              Who cares? It might get a few soccer countries to put resources into their women and the US to get their act together with their men.

And I really want to see a male player do the "lie and cry" when he's tackled by a woman. So much for swarthy machismo.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Panama, Canada, and El Salvador move on to the final eight in CONCACAF qualifying.

US coincidentally gets all three to start things off in September.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Panama, Canada, and El Salvador move on to the final eight in CONCACAF qualifying.

US coincidentally gets all three to start things off in September.
                  It’s actually El Salvador, Canada, Honduras in October.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Who cares? It might get a few soccer countries to put resources into their women and the US to get their act together with their men.
                    A coed championship isn’t going to get any country to invest in their women’s program, at least the ones that don’t already.

And if the last month is indication, I’d say things are in pretty good shape on the men’s side.

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

A coed championship isn’t going to get any country to invest in their women’s program, at least the ones that don’t already.

And if the last month is indication, I’d say things are in pretty good shape on the men’s side.
                      I think he's being mostly cheeky. Also didn't you just say France would stomp the U.S. in this hypothetical format? btw on that I would disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I think he's being mostly cheeky. Also didn't you just say France would stomp the U.S. in this hypothetical format? btw on that I would disagree.
                        The thing with the hypothetical format is while the US has someone like Rapinoe or Lavelle, France has someone like Eugenie Le Sommer who is functionally at the same level. The difference being that Rapinoe and Lavelle would be playing with Pulisic and McKennie while Le Sommer would be playing with Mbappe, Pogba, Griezmann, Giroud, Kante, Matuidi etc. France would be picking from the defending World Champions and a Top 5 team. England would be on a close level and, even with their respective Men's teams in a funk, Germany and the Netherlands would be there too. Brazil and Sweden would be darkhorses (I shudder at a Swedish team with Zlatan in this format) and I wouldn't be shocked at Argentina and Portugal being carried by Messi and C. Ronaldo to some success. The US would be a quarterfinal team with a shout at the semis.

Also, the USWNT players lose their one main advantage: athleticism.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• With a 5 and 5 format, I think the overall quality of the team is 80% dependent on the quality of the men and only 20% on the women. Think Messi would notice any difference at all dribbling through the USWNT vs England’s or Sweden’s women’s teams? Or would Ronaldo notice any difference in their quality as he rises 3’ higher than them for a header? Asking how the top men’s players would do against the various top women’s countries would be like asking whether they’d do better against a high school boys team or a D-III college team. Sure, the D-Iii team beats the high school boys every time, so they are objectively better, but that difference is irrelevant when playing the sport’s superstars.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

It’s actually El Salvador, Canada, Honduras in October.
                            September*

I jumped too far down the schedule, Panama isn’t until October, along with Jamaica and Costa Rica.

With a more winter-centric schedule
                            than normal, I’m thinking the USMNT should just set up shop in the North and play all home games in Denver and Minnesota.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

September*

I jumped too far down the schedule, Panama isn’t until October, along with Jamaica and Costa Rica.

With a more winter-centric schedule
                              than normal, I’m thinking the USMNT should just set up shop in the North and play all home games in Denver and Minnesota.
                              Travel is gonna be hell with a European based lineup and travel to Central America and back (Jamaica is the only Caribbean team). I doubt there’s gonna any games west of the Mississippi.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I just saw the that road game against Canada is in January.

That’ll be a fun trip to Winnipeg…
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X