Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space exploration: Where do we go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green is just a bunch of tankies on putin's payroll
    libertarians are just people who have the shame to stop referring to themselves as republicans.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 46:20
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...new-star-forms

NASAâ??s Webb Catches Fiery Hourglass as New Star Forms
        NASAâ??s James Webb Space Telescope has revealed the once-hidden features of the protostar within the dark cloud L1527, providing insight into the beginnings of a new star. These blazing clouds within the Taurus star-forming region are only visible in infrared light, making it an ideal target for Webbâ??s Near-Infrared Camera (NIRCam).

The protostar itself is hidden from view within the â??neckâ? of this hourglass shape. An edge-on protoplanetary disk is seen as a dark line across the middle of the neck. Light from the protostar leaks above and below this disk, illuminating cavities within the surrounding gas and dust.

25MB full res:
        https://stsci-opo.org/STScI-01GGWD12...63RJFYQT20.png
        Source: https://webbtelescope.org/contents/m...DBV5?news=true
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Get your *** to the live feed of Orion now
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krX131iggYo

THe moon is going to eclipse the Earth live. Going to last another 40-60 minutes.

Alternate:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXMQ-oDYo4
          Code:

Comment

• We may have up to ten hours' warning before we visually see Betelgeuse go poof.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Neutrinos?

Neutrinos.
              Code:

Comment

• I just started watching From The Earth To The Moon. Not sure how I missed it before.

Comment

• Brilliant series. I need to rewatch that with my wife. She's only seen the first episode.
                  Code:

Comment

• I absolutely loved that series. There were some longer episodes that were a little much to sit through, but overall it was fantastic.

I should go and stream it again from HBO Max. I haven't watched it since it debuted.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• It's too bad one of our space exploration billionaire's has decided social media is more important. I guess getting to Mars was too easy for him.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It's too bad one of our space exploration billionaire's has decided social media is more important. I guess getting to Mars was too easy for him.
                        And that's why I'm 100% against a full privatization of space programs. Keep NASA a Government bureaucracy.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Speaking of space travel
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAL3XaP-LyE

Feb 24, 2023
                          SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

And that's why I'm 100% against a full privatization of space programs. Keep NASA a Government bureaucracy.
                            I would really like that. Unfortunately our society has decided to go full plute.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• JWST showing off again

These are two images of Titan's atmosphere.

https://***********/ESA_Webb/status/...gCCmNm2uasUsdA
                              Code:

Comment

• Ground broken on SKAO.

The SKA-Mid array in Karoo wil scan the sky for sources of radio waves in the middle frequency range from 350 MHz to 15.4 GHz using 197 dishes, each 50 feet (15 meters) in diameter. The SKA-Low array in Australia will rely on 131,072 dipole antennas to detect radio waves of frequencies between 50 to 350 MHz.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X