Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space exploration: Where do we go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Some amazing images of Jupiter from JWST- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8A...channel=thebhp

It's live and I'm not sure how long it will be shown (8/22- 3:25pm)
    Gorgeous thank you.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Some amazing images of Jupiter from JWST- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8A...channel=thebhp

It's live and I'm not sure how long it will be shown (8/22- 3:25pm)

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    My biggest problem with them is the temporary nature and the environmental impact. Perhaps it's less than fiber trunks, but I haven't seen compelling evidence, yet.

actually, one more. I also have serious concerns about the number of satellites and a ****ty person like musk caring or not caring about collisions and interferences.
    I agree with you- some astronomers are pretty darned gracious. Musk is only doing this for power and money- not to actually help remote areas.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    My biggest problem with them is the temporary nature and the environmental impact. Perhaps it's less than fiber trunks, but I haven't seen compelling evidence, yet.

actually, one more. I also have serious concerns about the number of satellites and a ****ty person like musk caring or not caring about collisions and interferences.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I've seen more and more outrage this year over his Starlink network because of its visibility. Some Earth based deep space photographers have also posted shots ruined by Starlink.
    They were supposed to be painting them dull black at some point. The white ones should decay into the atmosphere in a few years.

Some of the astronomers are actually reasonably gracious that they are supplying internet to places that can't get them. Some.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Oh, and the other night we saw the starlink trail fly over. Made me hate musk all over again.
    I've seen more and more outrage this year over his Starlink network because of its visibility. Some Earth based deep space photographers have also posted shots ruined by Starlink.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Nope. Made that decision several months ago with DeSantis and his war on LGBTQ, among other things.
    I really wish the NC$$ would pull all its events out of the state.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Oh, and the other night we saw the starlink trail fly over. Made me hate musk all over again.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

So, you're not going to the Frozen Four next year? :-)
    Nope. Made that decision several months ago with DeSantis and his war on LGBTQ, among other things.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Artemis will be the only reason Florida sees a dime of my money.
    So, you're not going to the Frozen Four next year? :-)

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Artemis will be the only reason Florida sees a dime of my money.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    They're expecting 100k+ here for the launch. We have a new guy relocating to join our group next week and he can't find a brand-name hotel within 60 miles.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    12 days until Artemis test flight.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I propose we stop arguing about religion, politics, ethics, and aesthetics until we harness this for our energy source.
    Kardashev 3 Kep. We've got to survive the transition to 1.0

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I propose we stop arguing about religion, politics, ethics, and aesthetics until we harness this for our energy source.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X