X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trixR4kids
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Meh, just count the calories and go below the limit, drinking soda with zero calories is far better than drinking 8 sodas with 150 calories (or w/e it is). As far as the hunger part of it that's just where you need to eat smarter and eat food with higher protein/fiber etc. that fills you up and cut useless calories elsewhere.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-30-2019, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Artificial sweeteners are as bad for you as sugar. There have been studies done that when you taste something sweet, but your body doesn't get the calories, your brain is tricked into making you hungrier at your next meal to make up the deficit.
    Hmm. That is suboptimal. Well, it was supposed to be a middle step towards water. I can accelerate the transition.

It, as everything, beats exercise.

Basically my weight history is:

20: 155
    30: 165
    40: 175
    (kaboom)
    50: 245

The Plan is to claw back to 199 and then sit there until cancer or something helps a brother out.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    One thing I have done is break an 8-soda per day (not an exaggeration) home habit by going strictly to 0-cal soda. Still have to do something about the caffeine, though.
    Artificial sweeteners are as bad for you as sugar. There have been studies done that when you taste something sweet, but your body doesn't get the calories, your brain is tricked into making you hungrier at your next meal to make up the deficit.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Just exercise.
    It's the most boring thing on earth. I would rather read John Grisham than exercise.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Just exercise.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    That is one reason I never drink soda or go to McDonald's for that matter.
    One thing I have done is break an 8-soda per day (not an exaggeration) home habit by going strictly to 0-cal soda. Still have to do something about the caffeine, though.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

That is one reason I never drink soda or go to McDonald's for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    started a topic Calorie Counting

Calorie Counting

F-ck it. You good people are going to help me lose weight (5-9, 235) through shame, guilt, and relentless mockery (Catholicism has to be good for something) so I don't have to exercise. Because I hate exercise.

Tuesday, 4/30
    Breakfast: Special K (120) with 1% milk (50) = 170. Good.
    Lunch: McDonald's quarter-pounder (520), large fries (500) and large Dr. Pepper (270) = 1290. Very bad.
    1460 cumulative, leaving me 540 for the next 12 hours. Considering that includes Trivia Night which means beer and tater tots that's not going to happen. One day plus a bit closer to death.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM.
Working...
X