• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I don't recall specifically which foods you've said you don't like, but come on man.
    I like liverwurst and spinach. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    8" liverwurst sub
    I don't recall specifically which foods you've said you don't like, but come on man.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    That's huge and hopefully it hasn't been too painful.
    Not painful at all. The trick is to be honest and to report everything publicly. Shame works.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

That's huge and hopefully it hasn't been too painful.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    One thing I haven't seen mentioned is carb cycling
    Never heard of it. Thanks for the tip.

Friday, 5/3:

8" liverwurst sub, 600

My pre-dinner calorie intake linear trendline between 4/2 and 5/3 has dropped from 1900 to 900, with an R2 of .2255. Mean systolic over the same period has dropped from 160 to 140.

"That which is measured improves."

I actually feel more energetic so I'm thinking of getting on the bike this weekend.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-03-2019, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    But go into the grocery section to get your oils and spices, please. I go in for coffee, salt/spices/seasoning, oils, my baking needs, canned anchovies and tuna (chunk light in water, not in oil).

Easy baked chicken breast/thigh:

1 cup olive oil
    3-4 cloves of whole, peeled garlic
    3 tbsp of lemon juice
    Salt/pepper

marinate overnight... bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
    It's not like I avoid the groc section altogether, I'd be done shopping in 10 mins. Great looking recipe btw.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is carb cycling. Nothing super complex but basically just having a mix of low carb meals throughout the weak especially if you have some higher carb meals at other times. Like I'll sometimes eat a burrito bowl at Chipotle (which is already lower carb than a burrito because you don't get that 200 calorie tortilla) or greek food with rice/flat bread and so for dinner I might do something low carb like chicken/greens. Or maybe for lunch if I go to Potbelly I get a sandwich on flat bread instead of normal bread and cut 60+ useless calories that way. I might do that for lunch tomorrow as I plan to have pasta with red sauce/shrimp tonight. Lunch today we had a potluck with tacos but I just skipped the tortillas/chips.

You don't have to totally overthink it or anything but basically it ensures that you don't totally overdo it on useless calories while also not going full no-carb fad diet.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-02-2019, 06:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This thread just turned so white, it's demanding to speak to your manager immediately.
    So. New to the Cafe?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This thread just turned so white, it's demanding to speak to your manager immediately.
    I don't have that haircut!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Look, sport, you don't have to eat boiled chicken and broccoli every day. Twice a week ain't gonna kill you. And who the fk boils chicken? Boneless, skinless breast in the oven is the way to go. Potato chips are OUT. As a matter of fact stay out of the grocery section anyway; it's nothing but processed food and the majority of that is crap.
    But go into the grocery section to get your oils and spices, please. I go in for coffee, salt/spices/seasoning, oils, my baking needs, canned anchovies and tuna (chunk light in water, not in oil).

Easy baked chicken breast/thigh:

1 cup olive oil
    3-4 cloves of whole, peeled garlic
    3 tbsp of lemon juice
    Salt/pepper

marinate overnight... bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    He’s not going to eat boiled chicken and broccoli for every meal. I think when you’re trying to do something like this you need to focus on the bigger picture. If he can find a plan where he’s around 2k calories a day, can maintain it long term, and it is fairly balanced he will have a lot of success.
    Look, sport, you don't have to eat boiled chicken and broccoli every day. Twice a week ain't gonna kill you. And who the fk boils chicken? Boneless, skinless breast in the oven is the way to go. Potato chips are OUT. As a matter of fact stay out of the grocery section anyway; it's nothing but processed food and the majority of that is crap.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    As a friend of mine who is a doctor once told me, Carrots and Corn equals Carbs.
    Most Drs know **** about nutrition

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Bananas? I like bananas...
    How ripe? Green bananas are starch, Spotted bananas are simple sugars and easy to digest.

Carrots are also simple sugars where as Corn is not. Both maybe carbs but carrots breakdown in gut easier.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

W T F, boiled carrots???
    As a friend of mine who is a doctor once told me, Carrots and Corn equals Carbs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X