replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Sexercise

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    If you're serious I can post at 2 my time. Srsly. I'm recording everything as I go anyway so I have the data.

I'm braced for showing very little weight change for a while. I originally saw a drop from 245 to 235 (only noticed because I went to two doctor's appointments very close to each other) but I assumed that was the quick loss you see when you start doing ANY dieting. My 6-month target is 220 which is 0.6 lbs per week. The idea here is everything I take off never comes back, so spurts by definition are meaningless, it's the mean that counts. Hockey season I'm just going to try to hold the line -- between holidays and trips and birthdays and such I'l be very happy to still be at 220 next April. Then Phase II and a target of 205 by November 2020.

That's The Plan. If things go a little better maybe I'll make it under 200 by Election Day, and then I can vote D with a clear conscience. (I'm voting in anyway; no worries.)
    Yeah, my comment was in jest, except that your posts do make me hungry. But I'm only an hour behind so I'm sure I'll survive.

The first 10 pounds are always the easiest. I've frequently told my wife that if I could just figure out a diet where you start, you lose that first ten pounds right away, then you stop for a period of time without gaining the weight back, then rinse and repeat a few times, I'll pretty much be canonized as a hero.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    That actually was a very important move.

Personally, though, I wish you'd hold off posting this for another hour or two each day. I'm in the Central Time Zone and I always get hungry when I read your posts.
    If you're serious I can post at 2 my time. Srsly. I'm recording everything as I go anyway so I have the data.

I'm braced for showing very little/no weight loss for a while. I originally saw a drop from 245 to 235 (only noticed because I went to two doctor's appointments very close to each other) but I assumed that was the quick loss you see when you start doing ANY dieting. My 6-month target is 220 which is 0.6 lbs per week. The idea here is everything I take off never comes back, so spurts by definition are meaningless, it's the mean that counts. Hockey season I'm just going to try to hold the line -- between holidays and trips and birthdays and such I'l be very happy to still be at 220 next April. Then Phase II and a target of 205 by November 2020.

That's The Plan. If things go a little better maybe I'll make it under 200 by Election Day, and then I can vote D with a clear conscience. (I'm voting D anyway; no worries.)
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-09-2019, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Did you really only have a serving of Life? I’ve gotten away from dry cereal, but I don’t think I ever in my life ate just a single serving. It was never filling enough.
    Yeah, I'm fine with it. Always have been.

I'm not hungry at all in the mornings; when I eat at all it's to ensure I don't get a headache because that can spoil the whole day.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Did you really only have a serving of Life? I’ve gotten away from dry cereal, but I don’t think I ever in my life ate just a single serving. It was never filling enough.
    This is why I just tend to skip breakfast (or if it's the weekend I just have a really late breakfast/brunch and eat egg scramble w/ hash browns).

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Thu, May 9

Breakfast: Life (150) + milk (50), 200
    Lunch: 1.2 roast chicken breast (120), roast beef (220) on brioche bread (150), 490

Total: 690

BP: 114/93

Weight (I bought a scale): 235.0

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

That actually was a very important move.

Personally, though, I wish you'd hold off posting this for another hour or two each day. I'm in the Central Time Zone and I always get hungry when I read your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Thu, May 9

Breakfast: Life (150) + milk (50), 200
    Lunch: 1.2 roast chicken breast (120), roast beef (220) on brioche bread (150), 490

Total: 690

BP: 114/93

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Good place for this. Not a bad site either.

https://www.eatthis.com/foods-to-stay-young/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Tuesday, May 7

Breakfast: nothing
    Lunch: 2 large hot dogs (300) and mac and cheese (600), 900

BP: 121/74

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Game of thrones Sunday’s with my friends are nearly over, thankfully.
    I did manage to cook meals to cover M-W before I head to DC.

We always do takeout food for Sunday’s to watch the show so we had chipotle with a Mexican coke, followed by a small blizzard. Coming off a sugar high.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Monday, May 6

Breakfast: None
    Lunch: Thai chicken and rice with peppers (400), cream soda (160), 560

BP readings: 105/60; 98/56

BP 12 reading Moving Average: 128/77
    down from 161/93 in March

Something tells me this is too fast.

I'm not hungry but despite a lot of sleep I am low energy.
    You've started cutting your caloric intake. Anytime you do that, your body will feel a sluggish until it accepts the new norm. It's the same as those people who go on Ketogenic or other low-carb diets. They all suffer the [insert diet name] flu.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Monday, May 6

Breakfast: None
    Lunch: Thai chicken and rice with peppers (400), cream soda (160), 560

BP readings: 105/60; 98/56

BP 12 reading Moving Average: 128/77
    down from 161/93 in March

Something tells me this is too fast.

I'm not hungry but despite a lot of sleep I am low energy.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I knew there was a reason I really didn't like you. Now I can justify sending you to the wall after the revolution.
    That's good to hear, but I'm pretty sure the Jacobins will get me at my first, "well, actually..."

I figure I'm good for about the first 6 months of The Terror until they decide the intellectuals are counter-revolutionary because we're not applauding every execution wildly. That's usually how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    ...canned green beans are the only kind I find edible.
    I knew there was a reason I really didn't like you. Now I can justify sending you to the wall after the revolution.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X