• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Mono works! One week, ten pounds. Or, if you've already had mono, try to enlarge your spleen by several times its original size. It's like a stomach band but without the surgery!!!!
    I've had mono. Mostly it just made me incapable of getting out of bed for 3 weeks. And that was when I was 19 and super fit. I assume now it would just kill me which, well, weight loss.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I have a feeling if I stop ingesting my expected crap value will also decrease.

But I'm tempted to contract dysentery. That looks like an effective weight loss regimen.
    Mono works! One week, ten pounds. Or, if you've already had mono, try to enlarge your spleen by several times its original size. It's like a stomach band but without the surgery!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Now if you could just double your craps per day you'd be a weight losing machine
    I have a feeling if I stop ingesting my expected crap value will also decrease.

But I'm tempted to contract dysentery. That looks like an effective weight loss regimen.

Leave a comment:

• jerphisch
    replied

After careful and sophisticated analysis of ones of trials, I conclude that an average crap is 0.5 lbs.
    Now if you could just double your craps per day you'd be a weight losing machine

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    A brisk walk for 30 mins 5 days a week will do it.

That, and diet.
    No, it won't. At least for women.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

After careful and sophisticated analysis of ones of trials, I conclude that an average crap is 0.5 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

That, and diet.
    Skip the liquid calories in any form (pop, booze, sweet tea, etc.) and be active. It makes a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Just exercise.

That, and diet.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Um you literally do a horizontal circle along your diameter at the height of your bellybutton.

Hips are at the widest part of your hips.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Do both. They measure different things. Hips are at the widest part of your hips. Waist is your natural waist, but I've also seen as many say it's your bellybutton.

I'm guessing one measures gut fat (bellybutton) the other gets part of your *** fat.
    I was never sure WHERE to measure. I always measure waist too high at belly button.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I'm just never sure where to measure my waist and hips. Feels like I measure too high or too low.
    Do both. They measure different things. Hips are at the widest part of your hips. Waist is your natural waist, but I've also seen as many say it's your bellybutton.

I'm guessing one measures gut fat (bellybutton) the other gets part of your *** fat.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Recent days:

Pre-dinner calories
    5/28 770
    5/29 1340
    5/30 440

Weight
    5/28 236.4
    5/30 235.9

BP
    5/28 124/73/59
    5/29 116/66/64
    5/30 115/70/62

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    But you could use a landmark -- a door knob or something that's fixed height.
    Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I'm just never sure where to measure my waist and hips. Feels like I measure too high or too low.
    I didn't even know hips changed. Or is this a euphemism for measuring the butt?

For waist I'm pretty sure where to measure -- it's the maximum point of protrusion. But you could use a landmark -- a door knob or something that's fixed height.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Tuesday, went to my general practitioner, and my weight was 216.x.

Yesterday, went to an orthopedic doctor, and my weight was 210.6.
    Different scales.

I use the same scale, same time of day. I assume individual data points will have error so I use trendlines. I'm looking for long, long term change. I'm not sweating the data set until I get to around 100 days. For example, my blood pressure data set, which I do use to suggest some decisions, is over 5 years old with a thousand data points.

In general I have a healthy relationship with data. I use it as a pointer, not as an action driver. It suggests things to me, it doesn't order me around and I don't reify it.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2019, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X