X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

About 10 lbs on the high end it looks like. There’s a steep drop during the peak of the illness.

Otherwise it’s been a steady drop since late October.

We still eat a lot of curries using chicken and quinoa with a lot of veggies (sweet potatoes, peppers, zucchini/squash, carrots, onions). We make a giant batch of it and portion it out for lunches. Chicken breasts are amazing sources of high quality lean protein. Trader Joe’s has an amazing curry sauce in a jar. (https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/pos...y-simmer-sauce). We buy like five or six at a time since we usually go to other grocery stores for the bulk of our buys. It has a lot of fat in it, so you have to be careful. We use a jar for what would amount to like 4 full meals for both of us.

But it’s also been portion control for me. Don’t serve family style. Leave the dam cooking dishes in the kitchen and plate at the stove.

Don’t even walk down the snack aisle. You may have intended to find that healthyish snack, but until you can stop yourself from grabbing a bag of Doritos, just don’t give yourself the chance.

Otherwise we have almost completely subbed out pasta and rice for quinoa. I like Ancient Harvest tricolor, but the differences between them are fairly minimal. Go to Costco to help cut down on price. We still do pasta in a pinch once or twice a month.

Learn to make veggies tasty by trying different cooking techniques. Sauté veggies that tend to get soggy with a small amount of olive oil and high heat. Steam or roast long cookers like carrots and sweet potatoes. Learn to like eating carrots. Sweet but still pretty good for you and better than most granolas. Which reminds me, I’m finding granola isn’t so good for me. I stopped losing weight when I started eating granola as a snack.

Cut out alcohol like beer as much as possible. Stick with dry red wine and try to limit it to like a glass every other day (but live a little sometimes).

Exercise has helped me get over my plateau that lasted the last several weeks. I’m playing soccer every Sunday. My GF and I are planning on doing a combo of p90x and going to the gym. I hate gyms but am willing to try again.

Breakfast I literally eat nothing or if I’m hungry I go with a jimmy dean delight sandwich. It’s 260 calories but has 17 g of protein and they’re convenient. Which is important. I want protein and convenience. They taste pretty decent but they aren’t for everyone.

Lunch I usually have leftovers or a turkey sandwich with carrots. Helps having a deli station at work but kind of expensive.

Anyways, if I was the distill all of this down, it comes down to spending most of your time in the produce section. Find stuff you like and when you’re starting out, try to get something new every time. You learn to cook different things and can get ideas. Season food, for the love of god.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Didn’t dx lose some of that weight from his liver issue?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Down a full 40 lbs from my all time high now. So close to getting back into the 170s. 181.2 is an “all-time” low. I literally do not remember when I was at 181. Certainly pre-2003.

I look back at my photos from last summer and it’s hard to actually look at them.
    This is fantastic! Congrats. Now tell me how you did it because I am going to copy you shamelessly.

I am controlling my diet but without exercise I am getting nowhere, so that's my literal last recourse.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Down a full 40 lbs from my all time high now. So close to getting back into the 170s. 181.2 is an “all-time” low. I literally do not remember when I was at 181. Certainly pre-2003.

I look back at my photos from last summer and it’s hard to actually look at them.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Right now, trying not to eat so much in the wake of surgery on my right foot last week. I know I can write and catch up on my reading, but still, I'm bored and all I want to do is either eat or take a nap.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Mono works! One week, ten pounds. Or, if you've already had mono, try to enlarge your spleen by several times its original size. It's like a stomach band but without the surgery!!!!
    Head and throat radiation for throat cancer took me from 210 to 160 in just under 2 months (6'2"). The first 15 lbs was a gift, and I could eat as much chocolate pudding, ice cream, pasta, etc as I wanted for almost a year without putting it on. The low weight alleviated much of my knee and back soreness too. Treatment sucked, but the weight honeymoon was nice while it lasted. Being alive is cool too.
    Last edited by burd; 07-01-2019, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Pre-dinner calories
    7/1 1105

Weight
    7/1 239.0

BP
    7/1 104/61/63

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This story is ridiculous and obviously made up. You are gullible and your friend knew it.
    Just cause it’s batcrap crazy, doesn’t mean it can’t happen

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    There was a peep of a peep way back in school who passed out on a girl he took home. She was upset on missed sex sex - so she squatted on him and pitched one out on his chest.....which he awoke to, alone, in the morning.
    If mookie didn’t know the guy and here it it’s one of those ‘never believe bs’ stories. No pun intended
    This story is ridiculous and obviously made up. You are gullible and your friend knew it.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I saw a crazy reddit post last week- a girl was asking if her boyfriend was crazy because he was forcing her to take a crap in front of him.
    Backstory was - she took a crap, forgot to flush, and he saw it. He insisted nothing that large could come from a woman so he accused her of cheating on him. She pleaded with him and he decided if she could take a dump in front of him and prove how big it is, he’d believe her.

I remain hopeful she **** on his car.
    There was a peep of a peep way back in school who passed out on a girl he took home. She was upset on missed sex sex - so she squatted on him and pitched one out on his chest.....which he awoke to, alone, in the morning.
    If mookie didn’t know the guy and here it it’s one of those ‘never believe bs’ stories. No pun intended

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I saw a crazy reddit post last week- a girl was asking if her boyfriend was crazy because he was forcing her to take a crap in front of him.
    Backstory was - she took a crap, forgot to flush, and he saw it. He insisted nothing that large could come from a woman so he accused her of cheating on him. She pleaded with him and he decided if she could take a dump in front of him and prove how big it is, he’d believe her.

Holy sh*t, this is such a terrible fetish. I'm still laughing. Like full-on, Shirley Temple, hand-over-my-mouth-to-hide-the-giggle face.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    And we all know that he is full of --it.

Low hanging fruit? I'm on it!
    I'll allow it.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Now if you could just double your craps per day you'd be a weight losing machine
    And we all know that he is full of --it.

Low hanging fruit? I'm on it!

Leave a comment:

• jerphisch
    replied

Forgot to flush my a55. She was clearly proud of that 5h1t and wanted to show it off. That's what she gets for bragging

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Now if you could just double your craps per day you'd be a weight losing machine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X