Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    If you need to do something super quick, a big can of baked beans and some coffee will help you lose 5 lbs in a few hours at least.

Leave a comment:

• alicestevens
    replied
    Calorie counting never gives me anything. I had that before : calorie deficit but not loosing any weight.
    https://betterme.world/articles/calo...losing-weight/ this article explains it very well. I guess the only way for me to lose weight is doing exercises few times a week and move more than I used to do.
    Last edited by alicestevens; 05-19-2022, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BirdPiano
    replied

You are not going to lose a significant amount of weight by balancing your macronutrients. In general, ketogenic (very low carb) diets result in faster short term weight loss, but in my own personal opinion they're not as sustainable for the average person.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Resurrecting this thread:

Got down to 212 before my augmentation.

After my augmentation, went back to 221.

Was rehired at Meijer, where I basically walk a 2-3 miles 5 days a week and lift heavy stuff (let's face it, two 15 minute breaks and a lunch isn't time to eat a lot either).

Got back to eating mostly healthy stuff and purposeful workouts, and and am currently sitting at 203.

If not for my right foot, I feel I could go back to marathon training next week.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I also want to get down to 210 before my breast augmentation. Also, while I'm eating better, I've noticed depression and lethargy have killed my workout discipline. Try to get up in the morning to do ANYTHING, and my mind is like "F this, let's watch Fleabag."

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Down to 222. Ended up taking dx's advice for the most part and cut WAY back on sugar. I have stevia in my coffee in the morning, cane sugar if I'm being fancy, but that's about it. While I do have some fall baking projects lined up, most of those are going out to friends, my workplace, and my girlfriend.
    If you're interested, though it's on the expensive side of things, monk fruit is also a good sugar substitute. It comes in a couple varieties, defined by the color. I don't really know if the colors impact the taste. Some people don't like it because it gives a bit of a fruity taste to things. I like it because I use it to make whipped cream that I then use to top fresh blackberries and raspberries.

To that end, I'm also on a low carb diet, my wife calls it "dirty keto." I put on a lot of weight the past couple years due to the fact that I'm a stress eater and I did just that between planning a giant wedding, then my wife had a series of doctor visits/issues, a surgery, and then we had a baby. All added up, I added 90lbs since 2017. At any rate, since February, I've taken off about half of the pounds I added with the decision that I'm not eating myself into an early grave.

The nice thing about this diet is that I've been baking frozen pizzas once or twice per week, and then tossing the crust while eating the rest. Sunflower seeds in the shell have helped curb snacking desires; they really slow the eating process as I almost ritualistically crack the shells to get at the kernel.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Down to 222. Ended up taking dx's advice for the most part and cut WAY back on sugar. I have stevia in my coffee in the morning, cane sugar if I'm being fancy, but that's about it. While I do have some fall baking projects lined up, most of those are going out to friends, my workplace, and my girlfriend.

Leave a comment:

• DonaldD
    replied
    I do count calories and macros because I tend to overeat. I make sure I’m always honest about my food when I put it in MFP! I’m only lying to myself! Personally I need to as I am cannot eat intuitively! So I’m the beginning I actually gained 6kg. I'm taking Canada Drugs fish oil to have better metabolism
    Last edited by DonaldD; 08-01-2020, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I also got a yearly subscription to Beachbody on Demand. All their workouts in one place, and I'm still doing things like TurboFire and Chalean Extreme. I found out you can follow a hybrid Chalean/TurboFire schedule.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    226. But I have to ask how much of that is waste and how much of that is muscle. Also debating whether to stop at 215 or try for a leaner 200.

But the good news is, I've upped the fiber (lots of Brussels, whole grains, and sweet potatoes), upped the protein, and have been drinking much more water.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Picked up a scale and checked this morning: 234.4. Not terrible, but I think I can get to 230 by the end of next month.

1. Limit myself to coffee (AM), maybe a cup of good decaf in the afternoon, and either water or sparkling water the rest of the day. I discovered LaCroix/Bubly is an excellent replacement for pop and alcohol. I like Izze sparkling juice, but even then, whole fruit is better than juice.

2. More protein and fiber. Since I'm in charge of grocery shopping, this should be easy. For example, there is a 4.5 lb leg of lamb in my fridge, and it's a Sunday project.

3. Whole grain baking. Make my own whole wheat breads and pizza doughs at least.

4. Bake for co-workers and church, but really limit for myself.

5. Try more vegetable based "pasta" dishes. I loved my butternut squash lasagna. But next up is a sweet potato lasagna, if I can do it right.

6. On June 1, try a small amount of alcohol when I get home from work. Then again, I might not. Sober Amber Marie feels pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Today, I went to Meijer for some odds and ends. Picked up almond butter (they didn't have any crunchy PB), AHA sparkling water, a couple cans of Death Wish Cold Brew, and Izze juice.

For right now, I think what I'll have to do is lay off baking again for awhile (unless it's pizza dough or homemade bread), and really emphasize protein, fiber, and water-flavored water and coffee-flavored coffee. Lattes/mocha put me to sleep.

Also, lately, I've been so stressed and so tired that what workouts I can do are falling by the wayside. If I can get back to 5-6 days a week of 30-60 minutes of purposeful activity, I should be good. Even if I have to do it at 8:30-9 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Sorry. Didn’t mean to come off as preachy.

I actually do know about your past. I actually followed your posts over the years hoping some day I could make the same journey and lose weight. Recently, I did. I found what worked for me. I’m excited about it and want to share. Even though I went a different route, mostly through changes in eating habits and not going down the marathon route. I also knew of your swing to the other side of the spectrum and I used it as a warning to myself to be very careful how I lose weight. I tried changing my food and exercise habits because of the fitness threads you would post in.

My path was different and didn’t involve as much exercise as your original efforts did. It was my relationship with food that changed. It was a lot of work but it was successful. I was hoping to try to return the favor, not judge or condescend. Maybe my success would help you gain some new success if you aren’t able to exercise like you used to.

So, I’m sorry if I came off the wrong way.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Yeah that seemed to be a ton of bricks on somebody trying to help. No bueno.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

I didn’t think he was being rude or condescending by offering advice. Humans will tend to share advice that’s worked for them. It’s human nature.

I’m sure he’ll never do it again .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X