No announcement yet.

Calorie Counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do count calories and macros because I tend to overeat. I make sure I’m always honest about my food when I put it in MFP! I’m only lying to myself! Personally I need to as I am cannot eat intuitively! So I’m the beginning I actually gained 6kg. I'm taking Canada Drugs fish oil to have better metabolism
    Last edited by DonaldD; 08-01-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Down to 222. Ended up taking dx's advice for the most part and cut WAY back on sugar. I have stevia in my coffee in the morning, cane sugar if I'm being fancy, but that's about it. While I do have some fall baking projects lined up, most of those are going out to friends, my workplace, and my girlfriend.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Down to 222. Ended up taking dx's advice for the most part and cut WAY back on sugar. I have stevia in my coffee in the morning, cane sugar if I'm being fancy, but that's about it. While I do have some fall baking projects lined up, most of those are going out to friends, my workplace, and my girlfriend.
        If you're interested, though it's on the expensive side of things, monk fruit is also a good sugar substitute. It comes in a couple varieties, defined by the color. I don't really know if the colors impact the taste. Some people don't like it because it gives a bit of a fruity taste to things. I like it because I use it to make whipped cream that I then use to top fresh blackberries and raspberries.

To that end, I'm also on a low carb diet, my wife calls it "dirty keto." I put on a lot of weight the past couple years due to the fact that I'm a stress eater and I did just that between planning a giant wedding, then my wife had a series of doctor visits/issues, a surgery, and then we had a baby. All added up, I added 90lbs since 2017. At any rate, since February, I've taken off about half of the pounds I added with the decision that I'm not eating myself into an early grave.

The nice thing about this diet is that I've been baking frozen pizzas once or twice per week, and then tossing the crust while eating the rest. Sunflower seeds in the shell have helped curb snacking desires; they really slow the eating process as I almost ritualistically crack the shells to get at the kernel.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• I also want to get down to 210 before my breast augmentation. Also, while I'm eating better, I've noticed depression and lethargy have killed my workout discipline. Try to get up in the morning to do ANYTHING, and my mind is like "F this, let's watch Fleabag."
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Resurrecting this thread:

Got down to 212 before my augmentation.

After my augmentation, went back to 221.

Was rehired at Meijer, where I basically walk a 2-3 miles 5 days a week and lift heavy stuff (let's face it, two 15 minute breaks and a lunch isn't time to eat a lot either).

Got back to eating mostly healthy stuff and purposeful workouts, and and am currently sitting at 203.

If not for my right foot, I feel I could go back to marathon training next week.

Comment

• You are not going to lose a significant amount of weight by balancing your macronutrients. In general, ketogenic (very low carb) diets result in faster short term weight loss, but in my own personal opinion they're not as sustainable for the average person.

Comment

• Calorie counting never gives me anything. I had that before : calorie deficit but not loosing any weight.
                https://betterme.world/articles/calo...losing-weight/ this article explains it very well. I guess the only way for me to lose weight is doing exercises few times a week and move more than I used to do.
                Last edited by alicestevens; 05-19-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• If you need to do something super quick, a big can of baked beans and some coffee will help you lose 5 lbs in a few hours at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X