• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Calorie Counting

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Did you really only have a serving of Life? I’ve gotten away from dry cereal, but I don’t think I ever in my life ate just a single serving. It was never filling enough.
    Yeah, I'm fine with it. Always have been.

I'm not hungry at all in the mornings; when I eat at all it's to ensure I don't get a headache because that can spoil the whole day.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Did you really only have a serving of Life? I’ve gotten away from dry cereal, but I don’t think I ever in my life ate just a single serving. It was never filling enough.
    This is why I just tend to skip breakfast (or if it's the weekend I just have a really late breakfast/brunch and eat egg scramble w/ hash browns).

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Thu, May 9

Breakfast: Life (150) + milk (50), 200
    Lunch: 1.2 roast chicken breast (120), roast beef (220) on brioche bread (150), 490

Total: 690

BP: 114/93

Weight (I bought a scale): 235.0

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

That actually was a very important move.

Personally, though, I wish you'd hold off posting this for another hour or two each day. I'm in the Central Time Zone and I always get hungry when I read your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Thu, May 9

Breakfast: Life (150) + milk (50), 200
    Lunch: 1.2 roast chicken breast (120), roast beef (220) on brioche bread (150), 490

Total: 690

BP: 114/93

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied

Good place for this. Not a bad site either.

https://www.eatthis.com/foods-to-stay-young/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Tuesday, May 7

Breakfast: nothing
    Lunch: 2 large hot dogs (300) and mac and cheese (600), 900

BP: 121/74

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Game of thrones Sunday’s with my friends are nearly over, thankfully.
    I did manage to cook meals to cover M-W before I head to DC.

We always do takeout food for Sunday’s to watch the show so we had chipotle with a Mexican coke, followed by a small blizzard. Coming off a sugar high.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Monday, May 6

Breakfast: None
    Lunch: Thai chicken and rice with peppers (400), cream soda (160), 560

BP readings: 105/60; 98/56

BP 12 reading Moving Average: 128/77
    down from 161/93 in March

Something tells me this is too fast.

I'm not hungry but despite a lot of sleep I am low energy.
    You've started cutting your caloric intake. Anytime you do that, your body will feel a sluggish until it accepts the new norm. It's the same as those people who go on Ketogenic or other low-carb diets. They all suffer the [insert diet name] flu.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Monday, May 6

Breakfast: None
    Lunch: Thai chicken and rice with peppers (400), cream soda (160), 560

BP readings: 105/60; 98/56

BP 12 reading Moving Average: 128/77
    down from 161/93 in March

Something tells me this is too fast.

I'm not hungry but despite a lot of sleep I am low energy.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I knew there was a reason I really didn't like you. Now I can justify sending you to the wall after the revolution.
    That's good to hear, but I'm pretty sure the Jacobins will get me at my first, "well, actually..."

I figure I'm good for about the first 6 months of The Terror until they decide the intellectuals are counter-revolutionary because we're not applauding every execution wildly. That's usually how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    ...canned green beans are the only kind I find edible.
    I knew there was a reason I really didn't like you. Now I can justify sending you to the wall after the revolution.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Agreed, and canned green beans are the only kind I find edible. I don't make them because I assume they taste good because they have lost all nutritional value (c.f. carrots).
    Really? The Claim: Fresh Produce Has More Nutrients Than Canned

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I don't mind canned green beans, but fresh and canned are almost incomparable. Different textures and taste. I'd almost consider them different vegetables entirely.
    Agreed, and canned green beans are the only kind I find edible. I don't make them because I assume they taste good because they have lost all nutritional value (c.f. carrots).

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Dr. Mrs. can't stand it but I think you are also right in general. Of all the foods ruined by mid-century modern American food prep, spinach might have been the most extreme. My mother prepared it that way and I loathed it. I only discovered that I actually liked spinach later when I ran into cromulent cooking.
    My parents won't eat Brussels sprouts in any form because their parents only boiled them. Still scarred from it.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    With very few exceptions (beets, artichoke hearts), canned vegetables are virtually inedible - especially when it comes to green beans and peas. Frozen is acceptable (except for Brussels sprouts, which must be fresh), otherwise fresh is always best. Canned, I'd rather lick pennies.
    I don't mind canned green beans, but fresh and canned are almost incomparable. Different textures and taste. I'd almost consider them different vegetables entirely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X