Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome folks, to the Biden administration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-t...al-sources-say

Federal appeals court Judge Merrick Garland is under consideration to serve as attorney general in the administration of President-elect Joe Biden, NPR has learned from two people closely following the process.

Garland, 68, is the widely respected former chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He launched his career at the Justice Department decades ago.

Garland oversaw the prosecution of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and gained significant management experience inside the sprawling department in the 1990s.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Meal Team Six won't like that. They think Timmy was a hero who avenged Waco.

Comment

• Have these "sources" been right about any of the people he plans to put up? Remember when "sources" were saying John Kasich and other GOPers were up for positions?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Do you guys like Tony Blinken for SoS? NYT pegs him as a centrist consensus-builder and “guitar aficionado.”
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• He certainly has an impressive resume.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Whoa

mayor Pete doesn’t get UN Ambo
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Whoa

LAMBO!

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Do you guys like Tony Blinken for SoS? NYT pegs him as a centrist consensus-builder and “guitar aficionado.”
                  Dr. Mrs. says he's fine. Not exciting but we don't really want exciting (1) right now and (2) in that role.

He's basically everything the Republicans aren't: qualified, dignified, taken seriously.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So far I think all the leaked picks are excellent. The emphasis is clearly on experience, institutional knowledge, and... adulthood. Biden is just going to erase the entire Dump mistake.

Src:

Antony J. Blinken, a defender of global alliances and President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s closest foreign policy adviser, is expected to be nominated for secretary of state, a job in which he will try to coalesce skeptical international partners into a new competition with China, according to people close to the process.

Mr. Blinken, 58, a former deputy secretary of state under President Barack Obama, began his career at the State Department during the Clinton administration. His extensive foreign policy credentials are expected to help calm American diplomats and global leaders alike after four years of the Trump administration’s ricocheting strategies and nationalist swaggering.

Mr. Biden is also expected to name another close aide, Jake Sullivan, as national security adviser, according to a person familiar with the process. Mr. Sullivan, 43, succeeded Mr. Blinken as Vice President Biden’s national security adviser, and served as the head of policy planning at the State Department under Hillary Clinton, becoming her closest strategic adviser.

Together, Mr. Blinken and Mr. Sullivan, good friends with a common worldview, have become Mr. Biden’s brain trust and often his voice on foreign policy matters. And they led the attack on President Trump’s use of “America First” as a guiding principle, saying it only isolated the United States and created opportunities and vacuums for its adversaries to fill.

Mr. Biden is also expected to name Linda Thomas-Greenfield, a 35-year veteran of the Foreign Service who has served in diplomatic posts around the world, as his ambassador to the United Nations, according to a person with knowledge of the process.
                    He's also re-elevating UN Ambassador back to the Presidential National Security Council. Dump had downgraded it because DURR THE UN IS FOR FAGS THEY MADE FUN OF ME I DIDNT USE THE RIGHT FORK DURR.

We're sending the toddlers back to their Republican nurseries.

Blinken is Harvard / Columbia Law. Sullivan is Yale / Oxford / Yale Law. Goodbye homeschooling, Liberty, BYU, and whatever MyPillow Guy was.

Last edited by Kepler; 11-23-2020, 12:38 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Saw a good joke about Blinkin.

”A. Blinkin. I knew I heard that name somewhere before.” Or something like that.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Dr. Mrs. says he's fine. Not exciting but we don't really want exciting (1) right now and (2) in that role.

He's basically everything the Republicans aren't: qualified, dignified, taken seriously.
                        I have no problem with an entire cabinet like that.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Whoa

Pete should be in charge of interactively evolving America's enterprise action items to distinctively formulate functional niche markets. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I have no problem with an entire cabinet like that.
                            My only problem with it is it inherently excludes younger people (like Pete) from getting in since they simply won't have 30 years' experience. You need some fresh blood or you end up with the same problem the Dems have in the house, where all leadership positions are held by octogenarians who think tiktok is the sound their pocket watch makes while they wear an onion on their belt, as was the style at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

My only problem with it is it inherently excludes younger people (like Pete) from getting in since they simply won't have 30 years' experience. You need some fresh blood or you end up with the same problem the Dems have in the house, where all leadership positions are held by octogenarians who think tiktok is the sound their pocket watch makes while they wear an onion on their belt, as was the style at the time.
                              I'm with you. But, it's Biden. I have a feeling he's not in the mood to fight with Turtle Boy. Me? I'd also be willing to put an entire cabinet in that Turtle Boy does not approve of and make them all "acting" so they don't have to pass through the Senate. Another norm shattered by the Republicans and Dump.

I have a feeling Biden is going to go all norm on the bit. We'll see if he's punished for it as much as Obama was.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Saw a good joke about Blinkin.

”A. Blinkin. I knew I heard that name somewhere before.” Or something like that.
                                Thats a ripoff of Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

:^)

Dave Chappelle's name is Achoo and when meets him he says "A Jew...here?" which always makes me laugh.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X