Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome folks, to the Biden administration!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ntender-443479

"And why not? It worked in Blazing Saddles."
    Dude looks exactly like House's shrink.

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Dude looks exactly like House's shrink.

Guy on the right looks an awful like Andre Braugher but I don't think he was on House?

Comment

• Yes he was. Andre Braugher ran the psych ward House ended up in when he got psychosis from Vicodin Addiction. Also shows up again in the last episode.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Guy on the right looks an awful like Andre Braugher but I don't think he was on House?
          That shot is literally from House.

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Yes he was. Andre Braugher ran the psych ward House ended up in when he got psychosis from Vicodin Addiction. Also shows up again in the last episode.
            Had a very good role, although he got a little too touchy feely when the show in general started to creak and gape.

Fun fact: House's hyper roomate at the loony bin was Lin-Manuel Miranda.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Yeah I always think of that character when I see Miranda. He was awesome!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Yeah, House had a TON of guest actors I recognize in other shows. We've been rewatching ST Voyager recently and there have been a couple of times I point at the screen and say "HOly crap, he was so and so in House!"

The season w/ LMM and Andre Braugher was very good. Surprising given how late it was in the run. Some day I'll finish House. I just can't bring myself to finish it because it's probably my favorite show of all time. Just keep stretching it out with new episodes :-)
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Yeah, House had a TON of guest actors I recognize in other shows. We've been rewatching ST Voyager recently and there have been a couple of times I point at the screen and say "HOly crap, he was so and so in House!"

The season w/ LMM and Andre Braugher was very good. Surprising given how late it was in the run. Some day I'll finish House. I just can't bring myself to finish it because it's probably my favorite show of all time. Just keep stretching it out with new episodes :-)
                  House is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I loved the natural chemistry between House, Wilson, and Cuddy. Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) was the prostitute going to law school who Sam Seaborn (Rob Lowe) slept with on the first episode of The West Wing. I loved her in that too. The West Wing is another one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

For the topic at hand, Politico has written an article about Biden picking too many former military members for some of the top positions. I generally dismiss the accusations that Politico, or any other mainstream news source, sucks, but the article seemed like it was hastily written by a high school student. I just want the best people. I won’t claim to know who they are, but Andre Braugher’s doppelgänger seems fairly qualified to me.

Edit: I’m sure it’ll eventually come out, but why wasn’t Flournoy picked as Secretary of Defense? Did Clyburn’s open accusation that Biden isn’t picking enough Black people resonate with the transition team? Or was it something deeper and more complex than that?
                  Last edited by psych; 12-08-2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Some day I'll finish House. I just can't bring myself to finish it because it's probably my favorite show of all time. Just keep stretching it out with new episodes :-)
                    You can binge the last 2 seasons -- they are neither dramatically nor intellectually demanding. They aren't the quality drop off of other shows late in their runs (MASH, HIMYM, Cheers, Buffy) but they're still terrible.

I like to pretend House ended after S5. S6 is okay mainly for Alvie and Norton. The last two seasons are embarrassing and nothing important or interesting happens. They accentuate the weakest aspects of the show. IIRC there was either a contract dispute or a writer strike/change that helps explain why they are so much dumber and more maudlin.

The second the bus accident happens in the penultimate episode of S4 is the highwater mark. That episode in particular is a work of art, and that is the hinge the whole series turned on. There was plenty afterwards that was great -- Amber's haunting was brilliant and one of the best things on the show, and that was early S5. The final episode of S5 was outstanding -- maybe the best episode of the whole series -- and I'd have ended the show right there.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 12-08-2020, 10:39 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

House is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I loved the natural chemistry between House, Wilson, and Cuddy. Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) was the prostitute going to law school who Sam Seaborn (Rob Lowe) slept with on the first episode of The West Wing. I loved her in that too. The West Wing is another one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

For the topic at hand, Politico has written an article about Biden picking too many former military members for some of the top positions. I generally dismiss the accusations that Politico, or any other mainstream news source, sucks, but the article seemed like it was hastily written by a high school student. I just want the best people. I won’t claim to know who they are, but Andre Braugher’s doppelgänger seems fairly qualified to me.

Edit: I’m sure it’ll eventually come out, but why wasn’t Flournoy picked as Secretary of Defense? Did Clyburn’s open accusation that Biden isn’t picking enough Black people resonate with the transition team? Or was it something deeper and more complex than that?
                      Wait. Someone in the media is actually complaining about Biden's picks? Really? Have they looked at what Trump did?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Wait. Someone in the media is actually complaining about Biden's picks? Really? Have they looked at what Trump did?
                        CONCERN !!! concern !!! CONCERN !!! concern !!! CONCERN !!! concern !!! CONCERN !!! concern !!! CONCERN !!! concern !!! CONCERN !!! concern !!!

They can't help themselves. Like sports media, they only have about 3 narratives which they regurgitate endlessly.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Its Politico...their tagline should be "We Are Here To Say DEMS IN DISSARAY!!1!!1" That article was straight up trash.

Kepler,

The bus accident is the best of the best of that show. Every time I see it I get sucked back into the show. Even when the show is bad it is still quite good. When House has to convince the lady to cut off her leg after the crane accident and she still dies that was a great episode as well. (plus then he nails Cuddy!)

The last 2 seasons were not great but I would say the last half season was a good ending and I love the finale. (though it should have ended with You Cant always Get What You Want as the song) Having Wilson and his story be the impetus for the conclusion was a great way to go.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Umm, didn't Donnie have like four generals in his first cabinet? And people werecpraising him for that.

Could never watch House. Granted, I came in somewhere in the middle, but I found him an unlikable azz, and I was quickly tired of the "oh, its this disease, no wait, it's this", only to finally figure out what it really was in the last five minutes. Over and over again. Cliche and formulaic.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Umm, didn't Donnie have like four generals in his first cabinet? And people werecpraising him for that.

Could never watch House. Granted, I came in somewhere in the middle, but I found him an unlikable azz, and I was quickly tired of the "oh, its this disease, no wait, it's this", only to finally figure out what it really was in the last five minutes. Over and over again. Cliche and formulaic.
                              Still one of my favorite characters and shows of all time. House understood humanity at a higher level than anyone else did.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Umm, didn't Donnie have like four generals in his first cabinet? And people werecpraising him for that.

That is the crux of the Politico article. Basically that there has been too many generals in the position already and this guy doesn't have the cache Mattis had. (probably because he doesn't want to kill half the world) Also it will require a waiver because he hasn't been retired long enough. (like the previous Generals)

Politco maintains that people are worried because it seems to favor the military when it is supposed to be Civilian/Military.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X