This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Well, if women can only get pregnant 24 days of the year, or so, don't have sex on those days.

I'm obviously saying this not even half-serious. Mormon Woman has some issues with men.
    Or take it in the pooper
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Speaking of abortion, the guy who voted to confirm Kavanaugh endorses Susan Collins in her reelection bid (despite the fact that beating her might at best give dems a narrow lead in the senate)
      Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin endorsed GOP Sen. Susan Collins for reelection on Thursday, in a rare rebuff of partisan politics in an increasingly polarized Senate.

The moderate West Virginia senator also offered to campaign for the vulnerable Maine incumbent. It’s a boon for Collins, who Democrats likely need to beat if they hope to take the Senate majority in 2020.
      https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ollins-1271151

Comment

What a putz.

Comment

Wait until January 2021 when Turtle blows him to flip the Senate to the GOP after he switches party.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Wait until January 2021 when Turtle blows him to flip the Senate to the GOP after he switches party.
            You're probably right. The media has already speculated if and when he would flip, it's only a matter of time.

Comment

I dont see him flipping unless there is a primary challenge. If he was going to he would have already...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Speaking of abortion, the guy who voted to confirm Kavanaugh endorses Susan Collins in her reelection bid (despite the fact that beating her might at best give dems a narrow lead in the senate)

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ollins-1271151
                This is ridiculous. All the Manchin Apologists tell me this: why did he need to say anything at all?

He's going to flip; it's pretty obvious. In all seriousness we have no right to a Senate seat in such a backwards place. WV is ground zero for white, uneducated, Christian rage. It deserves to be Republican. This is like the Dixiecrats bolting in the 80s.

The question is, is WV the future of OH, MI, PA, and WI? How do we stop the Magat Plague from spreading?
                Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2019, 10:40 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This is ridiculous. All the Manchin Apologists tell me this: why did he need to say anything at all?

He's going to flip; it's pretty obvious. In all seriousness we have no right to a Senate seat in such a backwards place. WV is ground zero for white, uneducated, Christian rage. It deserves to be Republican. This is like the Dixiecrats bolting in the 80s.

The question is, is WV the future of OH, MI, PA, and WI? How do we stop the Magat Plague from spreading?
                  Stay in your safe spaces on the coasts and pretend the RUS* doesn't exist.

* Rest of US (for us FTR aficionadoes)
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I would if they didn't have a voice in my government.

Please. Secede. Again.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      I kinda doubt that's gonna happen because I don't think he could win as a Republican there. But either way he's a problem.
                      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont see him flipping unless there is a primary challenge. If he was going to he would have already...
                      He got primaried last time around but his opponent didn't have nearly as much money. This is where I wish the DCCC would actually primary the bad dems (if nothing else to push them toward the center at the very least and left on some issues) rather than solely doing it everytime a progressive starts gaining support.
                      Originally posted by Kepler View Post

bEcAuSe hE wInS

His primary challenger IIRC got more votes than any of the Republicans so it's not like someone more progressive (and no I don't mean Ilhan or AOC but being more progressive than him isn't all that high a bar to clear either) couldn't win that state.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-12-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You're probably right. The media has already speculated if and when he would flip, it's only a matter of time.
                        McConnell's offers (spelled: graft) haven't hit Joe's magic number yet. Patience. Joe is from WV and old Bob Byrd set the graft bar pretty high.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I would if they didn't have a voice in my government.

Please. Secede. Again.
                          You know what happened OTD in 1861, don't you?

Big mistake or brutal necessity?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Side bar:

I once got an internal memo asking us to "avoid the use of TLAs in documents".
                            Being new, I had to ask the author what a TLA is.

Straight faced answer: three-letter abbreviation.

Me: ... um ...
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

Kinda hard to ignore Russia when they're actively promoting causing disruption with us...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You know what happened OTD in 1861, don't you?

Big mistake or brutal necessity?
                                OTD? OTL?

Lincoln should have let the CSA go without a fight. We'd still get the cute pole dancers from there but we wouldn't have to pay for that entire failed region's welfare.

We'd probably have had to occupy them during WW2 when they would have allied with the Nazis as a kindred racist fascist state, but that's a lot better than permanently taking care of them.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2019, 12:26 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X