X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Wow. Wow. Maybe mom should stop spreading her legs for any guy out there, and maybe only choose a guy who's gonna take responsibility and stick around. Goes both ways.
    And there it is, folks. A baby is divine punishment for sex. Conservative "morality" in one sentence.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      And there it is, folks. A baby is divine punishment for sex. Conservative "morality" in one sentence.
      It takes two to tango, when it's all consensual. Dad should have some say, if he's a real man and takes responsibility for his part in it. The final decision still is with the woman, mind you, but what if dad wants to raise that child, wants to have that child as part of his family?

To simply cast off the dad is silly, in those cases, IMO.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dad gets no say. He doesn't have to carry the little parasite to term for 9 months, and all the risks that go along with that.

But so much of this discussion would be made moot if we outlawed abstinence-only sex ed, and made real sex-ed mandatory for all school curricula.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Dad gets no say. He doesn't have to carry the little parasite to term for 9 months, and all the risks that go along with that.

But so much of this discussion would be made moot if we outlawed abstinence-only sex ed, and made real sex-ed mandatory for all school curricula.
          We keep hearing "we want the fathers involved!" and then when they WANT to be involved, the mom says "nevermind, the point is moot." That is frustrating to me. This is obviously anecdotal, but had a friend who had a LTR with a woman, both were college age at the time, there was an oops pregnancy, dad wanted the child, mom didn't. Dad was ready to step up and take care of the child in any capacity, not just send a check. Mom said nope, off to the clinic. Dad was heartbroken, and ended up breaking up with her. He couldn't handle that decision.

They could've cared for the child financially, emotionally, etc. The woman just simply didn't want the kid.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Oh I’d love to hear what I deserve having an eptopic pregnancy. Cause you know, I deserve it after having sex

Comment

It takes two to tango, when it's all consensual. Dad should have some say, if he's a real man and takes responsibility for his part in it. The final decision still is with the woman, mind you, but what if dad wants to raise that child, wants to have that child as part of his family?

To simply cast off the dad is silly, in those cases, IMO.
              Until the dad has to go through 9 months of hell, it's not silly at all.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Until the dad has to go through 9 months of hell, it's not silly at all.
                And if he wants to see that journey through? To have his child?

It's a tough subject, and it's difficult to relate if never having been in that situation, for sure.

Comment

Tough shiat. He doesn't have what is essentially a parasite draining his life force for nine months.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Tough shiat. He doesn't have what is essentially a parasite draining his life force for nine months.
                    Then one cannot take the stance that Scooby made earlier (the spreading seed comment). Can't have it both ways. IMO.

Comment

It's a tough subject, and it's difficult to relate if never having been in that situation, for sure.
                      Men should know the deal going in. If you risk getting a woman pregnant, it won't ultimately be your choice, because it's not your ****ing body. Tough ****.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Men should know the deal going in. If you risk getting a woman pregnant, it won't ultimately be your choice, because it's not your ****ing body. Tough ****.
                        That's my point. Women accept that risk too. Men are "spreading the seed" (c) Scooby, but some women aren't stopping them, either. Women are not blameless. It's a shared responsibility. SOME men know that risk, and think, "Hey, if a kid happens, I'm ready." Yes, it happens.

Comment

I agree with the general sentiment towards Rube but I’d really like the female posters around here to weigh in...
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I agree with the general sentiment towards Rube but I’d really like the female posters around here to weigh in...
                            Oh, like those like me with eptopic pregnancies? Yeah, we’re not fans

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Oh, like those like me with eptopic pregnancies? Yeah, we’re not fans
                              When it comes to the mother's health, that is a WHOLE different scenario. WAY different. I'm alright with that. I'm talking the general "don't want it, gonna kill it" abortions.

Comment

That's my point. Women accept that risk too. Men are "spreading the seed" (c) Scooby, but some women aren't stopping them, either. Women are not blameless. It's a shared responsibility. SOME men know that risk, and think, "Hey, if a kid happens, I'm ready." Yes, it happens.
                                And my point is that they should know that that's only part of it. What they should be thinking is "Hey, if a kid happens, I'm ready, but she may not want to continue the pregnancy, and that will ultimately be her choice to make, and that could suck for me, so..."

Comment

Working...
                                X