This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Magic mushrooms are now legal in Denver.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Science is dead.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Science is dead.
          One of the Kennedy's is against vaccinations. His kids and other clan members disagree.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            One of the Kennedy's is against vaccinations. His kids and other clan members disagree.
            Ok. So what?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Obsess much?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Is he an elected official?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  All anti-vaxers are stupid
                  Some rich people are anti-vaxers
                  ----------------------------
                  Some rich people are stupid

God bless Aristotle.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Arizona: We still have issues to deal with, but now you can own nunchucks!

https://www.12news.com/article/news/...PEVzL45eRUTv20
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

As a sidenote, is there a better name for a red state governor than "Doug Ducey"?

Comment

Texas loves limited government. Until conservatives get their feelings hurt

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ick-fil-a-bill

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Texas loves limited government. Until conservatives get their feelings hurt

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ick-fil-a-bill
                          I'm really torn on religion being protected, and government stuff. For example, I'm against Muslim cab drivers refusing to give fares to people who have alcohol in their luggage, but am for letting areas like the airport not allowing businesses have a space due to their views. If it were just a city lot, public lot, then give them the permit. We make certain allowances for some things in general, but not others, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Mind you, I do take into account of companies' beliefs overall (in this case, Chik-Fil-A) and will not give them my business, and that is one of the reasons I'm torn. The market will decide whether they are successful or not. However, who am I to decide if an established religious belief should be banned or not in the court of law? Pretty sure Chik serves gay people, whether they know it or not.

In Christianity (the old-school kind), homosexuality is a sin. To say I disagree with that is a massive understatement, and I think the vast majority on this board agree. However, that is that religion's belief. Muslims don't eat pork. So, if a restaurant that only serves pork and refuses to make exceptions for Muslims...are they subject to the same refusals-of-location/etc as Chik? It's directly tied to an established religious belief. What about an establishment that refuses to serve non-meat entrees during Lent? A devout Catholic couldn't eat there on Fridays during Lent (unless you're REALLY old-school, then it's any Friday).

It's a big slippery slope. Religion is a touchier subject than race nowadays, IMO, when it comes to matters such as this, simply because religions change/evolve/bend over time. As for race/sexuality? You are this, that, or the other. For sexuality, one may not realize it at first, sure, but eventually one will find the truth of what sexuality one is.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I'm really torn on religion being protected, and government stuff. For example, I'm against Muslim cab drivers refusing to give fares to people who have alcohol in their luggage, but am for letting areas like the airport not allowing businesses have a space due to their views. If it were just a city lot, public lot, then give them the permit. We make certain allowances for some things in general, but not others, depending on which way the wind is blowing.
                            SAT is a public airport owned by the City of San Antonio.

Most airports are.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              SAT is a public airport owned by the City of San Antonio.

Most airports are.
                              Owned by San Antonio. I am not familiar with lot laws, obviously, but that is different than say, opening a shop on the corner of 46th and Main, or similar?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Mind you, I do take into account of companies' beliefs overall (in this case, Chik-Fil-A) and will not give them my business, and that is one of the reasons I'm torn. The market will decide whether they are successful or not. However, who am I to decide if an established religious belief should be banned or not in the court of law? Pretty sure Chik serves gay people, whether they know it or not.
                                The Founders were worried about large and powerful entities routing the power of individuals. The entities they were worried about were governments -- the most dominant of their day.

The most powerful entities of our day include large business entities. Perhaps we need to rethink their rights in our society and recognize that they can also be significant threats to personal liberty. I see no reason to extend the same "freedom of religion" to Amazon as I do to you. Amazon isn't a person. I have no interest in its 1st amendment freedoms as those are nothing but their controllers' freedoms armed with a megaphone to drown out everyone else's.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X