• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Guac is never ok...not even drunk.
    You don't like onions. You don't count.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Agreed. Mayo never needs to be talked about. It's horrid.

Although I think I'd rather eat mayo than avacado.
      dude!!!!

mayo for grilled cheese dipping is the bestest!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        dude!!!!

mayo for grilled cheese dipping is the bestest!!!
        No. Cheese fondue is the bestestest for grilled cheese dipping.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          No. Cheese fondue is the bestestest for grilled cheese dipping.
          I bet guac would be good for grilled cheese dipping.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Try getting something spicy around here.

I've been asked, "You want Tabasco, or the really hot stuff?" The latter was Sriracha. That's good and all, but that ain't spicy.
            https://www.mexgrocer.com/catagories-hot-sauces.html
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Great, now I want a grilled cheese sandwich with a tomato on it, and some nachos.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Try getting something spicy around here.

I've been asked, "You want Tabasco, or the really hot stuff?" The latter was Sriracha. That's good and all, but that ain't spicy.
                I used to enjoy hot spices. Now they just obliterate flavor.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm guessing this guy is not MN's finest.

Congressman Jim Hagedorn, a Republican from Minnesota, declared in a speech at the Noon Kiwanis Club in the town of Worthington, Minnesota, that “Nobody [in America] goes to sleep at night wondering if they’ll be able to feed their families.”
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I wonder how many in Worthington alone, pop 13k, could set him straight.

Comment

That part of MN is basically IOAW, had to drive through there this past weekend and saw a "stop eminent domain abuse" sign as well as one that said how windmills are bad from the website Greenenergylies .com.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        That part of MN is basically IOAW, had to drive through there this past weekend and saw a "stop eminent domain abuse" sign as well as one that said how windmills are bad from the website Greenenergylies .com.
                        You get very far out of the Cities, and there is lot of "that part" of MN, as is the case in most states.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Jeebus. I am constantly surprised how racist people can be. I don’t know why.

I think it was Jim who called me racist on here and I ended up blocking him. I later unblocked him when I had a bit of a revelation. I still think he was wrong about the particular thing he called me racist for saying, but eventually I realized I needed to be more careful about how I frame things. That and I realized just how racist as **** our society is.

We don’t like hearing it, but sometimes those wake up calls are necessary.
                          Not saying it's not bad there, but if you want to see Racism spend some time in the Middle East (it was effing atrocious in Bahrain), SE Asia, South Korea, South Africa, Nigeria, here in the PH, hell even Japan...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Not saying it's not bad there, but if you want to see Racism spend some time in the Middle East (it was effing atrocious in Bahrain), SE Asia, South Korea, South Africa, Nigeria, here in the PH, hell even Japan...
                            Racism is ignorance; it's not a shock it correlates almost perfectly with lack of education (e.g. the South). The only highly educated racist population I can think of is Japan -- the world's petri dish experiment in cultural isolation. (They don't despise you because you're not yellow. They despise you because you're not Japanese.)
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-30-2019, 12:39 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              You get very far out of the Cities, and there is lot of "that part" of MN, as is the case in most states.
                              To be fair, the southern MN first district has some good diversity. It has Rochester, Mankato and a major stretch of Mississippi and voted for Obama while keeping Dem Walz in office for over a decade. The flip of the first and similar districts is why we have Trump.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Racism is ignorance; it's not a shock it correlates almost perfectly with lack of education (e.g. the South). The only highly educated racist population I can think of is Japan -- the world's petri dish experiment in cultural isolation. (They don't despise you because you're not yellow. They despise you because you're not Japanese.)
                                While lack of education can be an indicator just as often racism stems from a feeling of, "I am part of the master race" and is perpetuated by a lack of exposure - real exposure - to people that are different from you.

South Koreans (like the Japanese) believe they are the true master race.

South Africans don't think blacks have any value of any kind - nearly going so far as to believe they're subhuman.

In the Middle East a lot of it is directed toward the subservient labor workers who are mostly foreigners from developing countries. Maids and nannies have been victims discrimination for decades, there are reports of high rates of foreign workers having been raped, exploited, underpaid, unpaid, abused and overworked. HRW doesn't have nearly the resources to keep track and most of the abused are afraid to report their employers for fear of losing their jobs or worse yet increased abuse. Get raped and and become pregnant? Gool luck. Bedouins vs. non-Bedouins, obviously the hatred from one sect toward another....

Filipinos have no love lost for Arabs, Koreans, African Americans, Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans and even toward their own if of a darker complexion, etc. The dichotomy of this is that for a nation in which the people identify as 95% Catholic the LBGT community (while completely under-represented by law) is relatively left alone socially.

Etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X