Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

People like me?

Jim you are giving them way too much credit. Even if it all worked AND the Pentagon was 100% on board (it seems like only the top level clowns though were) the states would have never gone along with it nor would DC. That is why Virginia sent their troops and Maryland was fighting to. If the coup works every New England State sends their guard right away. It would have been outright chaos. It would have just lead the dissolving of the USA if it ever got to the end point. Trump would have been the dictator of nothing but a bunch of Red States when all is said and done. But most likely as soon as the Virginia and Maryland Guard start shooting the Auschwitz crowd would have run for the hills.

Plus you need 100% buy in from everyone in a position to stop him. All it takes is one non-Trumper Secret Service Person to end all of it. Even his own inner circle wasn't all on board with it they were begging him as it happened to put out a statement to stop it. You assume he commands a loyalty level that has never been proven to be true. (otherwise we wouldn't be here now)

To tell you how out to lunch these people are they think Osama Bin Laden's niece is some insider who is someone to listen to. They flock to her because she tells them Trump will be President for Eleventy more years and they drool about it. Nevermind that most of these clowns hated Obama because he was supposedly a Muslim with a name that resembled Osama...
    Last edited by Handyman; 01-14-2021, 12:42 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

how did it almost work? it was a dumb plan. Even if the hung Mike Pence, or kidnapped Pelosi, it wouldn't make Trump dictator for life. The only way this coup would have worked is if the Pentagon was on board, and everyone down the line followed orders. You think everyone's going to sit around while they make congress throw out electoral votes at gunpoint, and then just shrug their shoulders and go along with it?
      The only way every coup works is to have the military on board. I'm not talking about a few dozen grunts. I'm talking about the leadership of the military.

The events of 1/6 were appalling, but there was literally not one second of that day where I thought, "you know, by the end of the day the guy with the spear and the raccoon headdress is going to be Speaker of the House."
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        They’re not dumb, they just have poor leadership. They were smart enough to map their objective and to lull the cops into a false sense of safety, they made themselves look peaceful at first glance, no obvious guns and explosives. They had the jump on their enemies.

Their leadership and their culture f-ed em. It’s clear that Dumpy is the leader, after that it’s fuzzy. There’s a Head Coach, but who’s the Offensive Coordinator, who’s the captain, and who’s the quarterback nobody knew. So, in a culture of dudebros where everyone think they’re the alpha, it ended up in chaos of everyone doing their own thing.
        I think you had some crazies with zip ties, body armor, that had posted online fantasies. Most of the people were part of the mob and just along for the ride.

The problem is an uneducated mob can cause a lot of damage, and there are millions of branwashed fools out there.
        Last edited by BassAle; 01-14-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The only way every coup works is to have the military on board. I'm not talking about a few dozen grunts. I'm talking about the leadership of the military.
          Middle officers. The leadership is by definition in bed with the status quo. Then Quaddafi, a colonel in the signals corps, comes along ...
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            They’re not dumb, they just have poor leadership. They were smart enough to map their objective and to lull the cops into a false sense of safety, they made themselves look peaceful at first glance, no obvious guns and explosives. They had the jump on their enemies.

Their leadership and their culture f-ed em. It’s clear that Dumpy is the leader, after that it’s fuzzy. There’s a Head Coach, but who’s the Offensive Coordinator, who’s the captain, and who’s the quarterback nobody knew. So, in a culture of dudebros where everyone think they’re the alpha, it ended up in chaos of everyone doing their own thing.
            I disagree- you don't need leadership to prevent the obvious. Only a moron, or someone in on it, would actually conclude that was ATIFA/BLM.

And just because they "had the jump" does not mean they would have been successful. The biggest problem being that our government is so decentralized- so even if they did what you said, it would not have taken much for states to call BS and end it. Let alone the military stepping in an preventing a forceful coup. At some point, dumpy would have crossed the line into being illegal, which opens up generals to ignore his orders- legally. Which meant that the national guard would have quickly been sent in, and ended it quickly.

The complicity required to have taken both Pence and Speaker Pelosi- yea, not sure about that one.

Heck, the one thing that tells me that the tours either didn't happen or were faulty was the ability of ONE cop to deceive a group of rioters to enter the Senate chamber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Middle officers. The leadership is by definition in bed with the status quo. Then Quaddafi, a colonel in the signals corps, comes along ...
              I have no personal experience with coups, so I won't dispute you. However, I suspect that the middle officers by definition (and probably necessity) desire to be the senior officers, and soon will be.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• That British comedian post nailed it when he said “they looked like dogs who chased a car and caught it, now what do we do?”
                paraphrasing....
                $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                  That British comedian post nailed it when he said “they looked like dogs who chased a car and caught it, now what do we do?”
                  paraphrasing....
                  John Oliver.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

John Oliver.
                    I'm pretty sure that joke goes back to the first car. So, maybe Chesney Allen.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have no personal experience with coups, so I won't dispute you. However, I suspect that the middle officers by definition (and probably necessity) desire to be the senior officers, and soon will be.
                      That is kind of what he is saying though. It takes those middle officers who want to move up (without merit) to be able to pull it off. Just having the head of the Army isnt going to do anything...they are one against many. (the many who can choose to ignore him cause he is never with them) But when your Captain is the one pushing it, the people you have fought with and trained with...it has way more weight. When the Colonel in charge of your base has the balls to take action you will fight for him over the faceless name who sends you orders every so often.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is kind of what he is saying though. It takes those middle officers who want to move up (without merit) to be able to pull it off. Just having the head of the Army isnt going to do anything...they are one against many. (the many who can choose to ignore him cause he is never with them) But when your Captain is the one pushing it, the people you have fought with and trained with...it has way more weight. When the Colonel in charge of your base has the balls to take action you will fight for him over the faceless name who sends you orders every so often.
                        This.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Jim you are giving them way too much credit. Even if it all worked AND the Pentagon was 100% on board (it seems like only the top level clowns though were) the states would have never gone along with it nor would DC. That is why Virginia sent their troops and Maryland was fighting to. If the coup works every New England State sends their guard right away. It would have been outright chaos. It would have just lead the dissolving of the USA if it ever got to the end point. Trump would have been the dictator of nothing but a bunch of Red States when all is said and done. But most likely as soon as the Virginia and Maryland Guard start shooting the Auschwitz crowd would have run for the hills.

Plus you need 100% buy in from everyone in a position to stop him. All it takes is one non-Trumper Secret Service Person to end all of it. Even his own inner circle wasn't all on board with it they were begging him as it happened to put out a statement to stop it. You assume he commands a loyalty level that has never been proven to be true. (otherwise we wouldn't be here now)

To tell you how out to lunch these people are they think Osama Bin Laden's niece is some insider who is someone to listen to. They flock to her because she tells them Trump will be President for Eleventy more years and they drool about it. Nevermind that most of these clowns hated Obama because he was supposedly a Muslim with a name that resembled Osama...
                          I’m only looking at it on the micro scale, not the macro scale like you guys. What would’ve happened after they seized the Capitol and took out Pelosi and Pence is immaterial to me and my argument. What I’m speaking about is these people were steps away from breaking into the actual chambers and taking Congresspersons hostage. That takes some smarts to even get that close as they did, and that’s f-ing scary. They shouldn’t have even gotten that close. Everyone wants to paint this as a dumb mob that got lucky, it wasn’t. This was a planned attack that would’ve ended with this country in a civil war at best but didn’t because we got lucky.

tl;dr: The country almost descended into chaos. It took some smarts to even get to the brink of that. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we can effectively clean this mess up.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I think you had some crazies with zip ties, body armor, that had posted online fantasies. Most of the people were part of the mob and just along for the ride.

The problem is an uneducated mob can cause a lot of damage, and there are millions of branwashed fools out there.
                            These weren’t “crazies”. These were people committed to a cause and with a plan.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not so soon. In the army, a promotion to Captain (highest company grade rank) is pretty much assured by anyone who wants to put the time in and doesn't mess up. 5 years, tops. But to make Colonel (highest field grade rank) you're probably going to have over well 20 years in and probably 6-10 or more as a Major and Lt. Colonel, depending on different factors.

Comment

Working...
                                X