Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://***********/thehill/status/1349626325519228934

Another idiot caught because of his White Privilege!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Lindsay Graham suckling at the power teet tonight. So much for breaking from Trump.
      Yeah, Trump must've showed him all the dirt he was about on him he as about to release if he didn't reneg on everything Graham said the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        We also need to change the narrative around referring to some law enforcement officers as "sympathizing" with far-right extremists. They don't sympathize with them, they ARE them.
        A couple days ago near me cops chased some guy driving erratically and would up wrecking a few cruisers, hurting a bunch of police officers, and killing two completely innocent people. We need a lot of reforms as far as they go.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

She has her teeth and no sores so I will stick with coke.
          Cocaine is God's way of saying someone makes more money than they should.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Cocaine is God's way of saying someone has more money than they should.
            Fixed.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I got a direct deposit...but I am also a Jew so we got paid out first!
              We need to talk about Steve Guttenberg.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Who makes Steve Guttenberg a staaaaaar?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• People are just now getting those IRS checks? Must be mailed ones. We got ours in December.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I know this rhetorical question has been asked a zillion times, but I just don't understand what these seditionists thought was going to happen?

Did they truly and honestly believe they could travel to DC, storm the Capitol Building, install a un-elected President, travel home and then go to work on Monday?

The mind boggles.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I know this rhetorical question has been asked a zillion times, but I just don't understand what these seditionists thought was going to happen?

Did they truly and honestly believe they could travel to DC, storm the Capitol Building, install a un-elected President, travel home and then go to work on Monday?

The mind boggles.
                      Yes.

They honestly believe that what Schumer, Pelosi, AOC, and Bernie are doing every day is the real crime. Trump is their savior.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I know this rhetorical question has been asked a zillion times, but I just don't understand what these seditionists thought was going to happen?

The mind boggles.
                        I think there were a lot of different agendas. Maybe I’m wrong but I think the vast majority of the folks were mad about the protests over the summer and thought they were doing the same thing. The people who wanted to do some serious damage probably didn’t expect to make it out.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

A couple days ago near me cops chased some guy driving erratically and would up wrecking a few cruisers, hurting a bunch of police officers, and killing two completely innocent people. We need a lot of reforms as far as they go.
                          The only thing that matters there is the two innocent people. Police chases are unjustified nearly every time the cops undertake them. Couldn't care less about a couple of smashed cars or hurt cops because the cops probably should have not been involved in a chase. But nothing will change. Even too many progressive people don't seem to understand how urgent the need to blow up the entire system of policing and just start over. We can't train or sue our way out of it. Police lawsuits have been responsible for billions of dollars paid out to plaintiffs and no amount of training can remove the cowboy, shoot 'em up mentality of 90% of cops out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yes.

They honestly believe that what Schumer, Pelosi, AOC, and Bernie are doing every day is the real crime. Trump is their savior.
                            I've asked if they'd cry "censorship" if AOC, Bernie, et al had their Twitter accounts revoked. Response? Silence.

I've asked why there was no call of "censorship" when Trump tried to ban TikTok. Silence.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The mind boggles.
                              This is my own assessment, right or wrong.

I'd guess that out of every 1000 people who attended that rally and then walked down to the Capitol, probably 975 of them were people, if you asked them two weeks ago whether they could ever see themselves as part of a mob that would break into the locked Capitol building for purposes of seizing the VP and Speaker, their response would be something like, "What are you talking about???"

But maybe 25 out of each 1000 probably did believe they were going to be able to do exactly what you suggested. These were the idiots clearly identified by the dead raccoons on their head carrying spears, etc... Those people live in a bizarre fantasy world that physically looks a lot like their mom's basement, but in their minds is some sort of Call of Duty world. How they got that point is anybody's guess, and probably has as many different variations as there are people.

You put people into a mob, people are going to make decisions and do things they never would have dreamed of doing on their own 24 hours before. Between Trump and the other speakers winding them up, the 100 or so idiots who showed up for war, and the frenzy of the mob, it's very easy to see how it could happen even though to someone watching from afar the only reaction is, "what are these people thinking?"
                              Last edited by SJHovey; 01-14-2021, 09:04 AM.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This is my own assessment, right or wrong.

I'd guess that out of every 1000 people who attended that rally and then walked down to the Capitol, probably 975 of them were people, if you asked them two weeks ago whether they could ever see themselves as part of a mob that would break into the locked Capitol building for purposes of seizing the VP and Speaker, their response would be something like, "What are you talking about???"

But maybe 25 out of each 1000 probably did believe they were going to be able to do exactly what you suggested. These were the idiots clearly identified by the dead raccoons on their head carrying spears, etc... Those people live in a bizarre fantasy world that physically looks a lot like their mom's basement, but in their minds is some sort of Call of Duty world. How they got that point is anybody's guess, and probably has as many different variations as there are people.

You put people into a mob, people are going to make decisions and do things they never would have dreamed of doing on their own 24 hours before. Between Trump and the other speakers winding them up, the 100 or so idiots who showed up for war, and the frenzy of the mob, it's very easy to see how it could happen even though to someone watching from afar the only reaction is, "what are these people thinking?"
                                The problem is that the 975 are enabling the 25. Not once did I see anyone pull the mob back. Not once did I see a significant group of people run away once the Capitol building was breached. In contrast, there was lots of cheering from the masses (presumably made up of the 975) when the attacks really got going.

Let alone, the masses of people at the original rallies embolden people who think violence is the correct answer.

So while they factually did not partake, they were completely complicit. Just like the president.

Comment

Working...
                                X