Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking there will be some lasting fissure in the republican party is a pipe dream. The system favors to an insane level the party mechanisms of the Democratic party and the Republican party. Republicans are not going to commit ritual suicide. 95% of their party just voted NOT to impeach the president. The Fred Upton's of the world will not win Michigan's 6th District without support from virtually every MAGAt that votes. The Fred Upton's of the world -- and the rest of the republicans -- need the MAGAts a lot more than the MAGAts need them. The MAGAts ARE the republican party. Hell, they might just as well kick out the 10 who voted to impeach anyway. Most of them are in districts trump won anyway aren't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Thinking there will be some lasting fissure in the republican party is a pipe dream. The system favors to an insane level the party mechanisms of the Democratic party and the Republican party. Republicans are not going to commit ritual suicide. 95% of their party just voted NOT to impeach the president. The Fred Upton's of the world will not win Michigan's 6th District without support from virtually every MAGAt that votes. The Fred Upton's of the world -- and the rest of the republicans -- need the MAGAts a lot more than the MAGAts need them. The MAGAts ARE the republican party. Hell, they might just as well kick out the 10 who voted to impeach anyway. Most of them are in districts trump won anyway aren't they?
      agree.

The senate is going to get worse over time too. I’ve got to think Tester and Manchin will eventually get replaced by someone closer to Cruz than Murkowsky

Comment

Thinking there will be some lasting fissure in the republican party is a pipe dream. The system favors to an insane level the party mechanisms of the Democratic party and the Republican party. Republicans are not going to commit ritual suicide. 95% of their party just voted NOT to impeach the president. The Fred Upton's of the world will not win Michigan's 6th District without support from virtually every MAGAt that votes. The Fred Upton's of the world -- and the rest of the republicans -- need the MAGAts a lot more than the MAGAts need them. The MAGAts ARE the republican party. Hell, they might just as well kick out the 10 who voted to impeach anyway. Most of them are in districts trump won anyway aren't they?
        I don't think you realize you are making my point for me. Plenty will buckle under because they are spineless and need the Trumpers...the Trumpers don't need them and won't budge. That is why Mitch is losing control because they don't fear repercussions from an old guard corporate shill like him. Their votes are locked. The fascists are going to win the Party it is why I said the only way the GOP as we know it survives is if they form their own. (which will only happen if Trump backs it)

The Plutes will buckle under or leave. They will lose the internal fight. Make no mistake though the fight will happen and if it isn't settled by the midterms it is going to be costly for them in the House. (the Senate they will lose the same seats they likely already would have) After that though whatever the new version of the GOP is will be united under clowns like Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz. The Cheney's and Mitch's are not long unless they sell out their corporate masters. (Mitch is just a Senate example he will likely retire anyways after this term)

I am not saying the GOP will disappear...I am saying there is a real chance of a blood feud unless Mitch steps on some throats and fast. He wants Donald out for a reason and it isnt because it is the right thing to do. He wants Trump to have zero influence going forward because Trump has stronger loyalty these days than Mitch.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Upton is probably leaving soon and Michigan is redistricting for 2022, so it's tough to say what the fallout will be for Upton and Meijer. Michigan is also likely losing a congressional seat, so someone in the state won't be having a seat to defend.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

agree.

The senate is going to get worse over time too. I’ve got to think Tester and Manchin will eventually get replaced by someone closer to Cruz than Murkowsky
            I thought Manchin was a huge name in WV which is why he is always safe despite being a Dem. It isnt like he will vote for anything controversial anyways the guy is a less annoying version of Susan Collins.

Tester has 4 more years...lord knows where we will be by then. Today is only the 13th day of 2021 and we already have had Trump try to extort votes, a dual runoff election that flipped the Senate, an attempted coup at the capitol and an Impeachment. 4 years from now we might all be living on Jupiter!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Upton is probably leaving soon and Michigan is redistricting for 2022, so it's tough to say what the fallout will be for Upton and Meijer. Michigan is also likely losing a congressional seat, so someone in the state won't be having a seat to defend.
              Is Michigan doing the non-partisan redistricting so there wont be gerrymandering?
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• LOL. King of the Hypocrites.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is Michigan doing the non-partisan redistricting so there wont be gerrymandering?
                  Yup. Voted in 2018 as an amendment to the constitution. Districts were also supposed to be redrawn for the 2020 elections due to gerrymandering, separate from the 2018 vote, but SCOTUS stopped that.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Sure sure.
                    Quality reference.

Which was itself a quality reference.

Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I thought Fred Meyer was a hack?
                      I had just moved to OR when that became a thing. It made me titter.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Isn't Fred Meyer just Kroger now, but they kept the name in the states Fred Meyer operated?
                        It might be. When I called up a link to them they were joined in the reference.

Break up BIG NOT TARGET!
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Home Depot Guy is out too...its almost like they all just woke up from 4 year comas.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Isn't Fred Meyer just Kroger now, but they kept the name in the states Fred Meyer operated?
                            Yes.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Yup. Voted in 2018 as an amendment to the constitution. Districts were also supposed to be redrawn for the 2020 elections due to gerrymandering, separate from the 2018 vote, but SCOTUS stopped that.
                              If anyone outside of Michigan cares- https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,...141---,00.html

We should have new districts by the end of this year- public hearings now until June- remapping from June until Sept 17 (with specific iterations in there).

I have a lot of hope thing will change a lot in 2022. Knowing how racist the representation north of here is, but seeing so many more Biden-Harris signs makes me hope that more northern seats will be changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I thought Manchin was a huge name in WV which is why he is always safe despite being a Dem. It isnt like he will vote for anything controversial anyways the guy is a less annoying version of Susan Collins.

Tester has 4 more years...lord knows where we will be by then. Today is only the 13th day of 2021 and we already have had Trump try to extort votes, a dual runoff election that flipped the Senate, an attempted coup at the capitol and an Impeachment. 4 years from now we might all be living on Jupiter!
                                Manchin looks like he only won in 2018 with only 49.5% vs. getting 61% in 2012 and he's up in 2024. Being a presidential election year...I think this may be his last term.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X