Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

It is only around the Great Lake states. It is Walmart.
    It sounds like Fred Meyer.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is this what they're saying on Fox?

Because boy is that not what is going happen.
      It is. Sure sure.

Comment

It is only around the Great Lake states. It is Walmart.
        I seem to remember it being nicer when Fred was still alive, but maybe that's the nostalgia talking.

I wouldn't call it Walmart, but it's been trending in that direction. Unless you meant the superstore setup.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

DC is creepy right now. There are national guard in camo posted all over the place, even out into the burbs at Metro stations.

Our city looks like it is in the middle of a hostage crisis.
          Well Trump has held the country hostage for 4 years it is only fitting.

Comment

• Trump has now been impeached more times than he’s won an election lawsuit.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Trump has now been impeached more times than he’s won an election lawsuit.
              Are you tired of winning?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

DC is creepy right now. There are national guard in camo posted all over the place, even out into the burbs at Metro stations.

Our city looks like it is in the middle of a hostage crisis.
                Wanna give odds that those NG are not there to arrest and take Biden into custody next week?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• @benshapiro
                  Literally every regular human I know owns zip ties. This is like Pauline Kael on steroids.

@MikeDrucker
                  Replying to
                  @benshapiro
                  Ben, usually I'd joke, but I'm going to come at this honestly. There's a big difference between zip ties being carried by paramilitary forces invading the capitol and zip ties being carried by your wife so she can tie you to a chair and make you watch her have sex with other men.

Holy ****.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I seem to remember it being nicer when Fred was still alive, but maybe that's the nostalgia talking.

I wouldn't call it Walmart, but it's been trending in that direction. Unless you meant the superstore setup.
                    More the superstore setup. When I was younger we never went to Meijer because it was very far from where I lived. Once I went to WMU (late 90s), I grew to appreciate Meijer more. Now there is a Meijer is most decent sized towns (county seat or bigger) in Michigan. I still consider Meijer far superior to Walmart and preferable to Kroger or Target.
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

It sounds like Fred Meyer.
                      I thought Fred Meyer was a hack?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

More the superstore setup. When I was younger we never went to Meijer because it was very far from where I lived. Once I went to WMU (late 90s), I grew to appreciate Meijer more. Now there is a Meijer is most decent sized towns (county seat or bigger) in Michigan. I still consider Meijer far superior to Walmart and preferable to Kroger or Target.
                        Post covid start, we converted from Kroger to Meijer. Kroger played the headlines to make people panic, Meijer stocked- constantly.

BTW, the Fred Meyer connection is pretty close- we have those in Idaho. But much more stuff in Meijer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Convict. He has lost control of the caucus.

The GOP Civil War has begun.
                          I heard the same thing back when the tea party was just starting.

Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Cross posted but Murkowski is a yes.

Murkowski stopped short of definitively saying that she would vote to convict the president after a Senate trial, but only because she would need to listen to the president’s defense team. If this was a criminal trial, she said that she would not be seated as a juror because she has shown her bias.

“I will do what I am required and entrusted to do as a senator, as effectively listening to that trial and that proceeding, and I will make that determination at that time,” Murkowski said. “But what I will tell you is that what I believe is that this president has committed an impeachable offense through his words on the sixth of January, and leading up to the sixth of January, when he was not honest to the American about the election and the election results.”
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Post covid start, we converted from Kroger to Meijer. Kroger played the headlines to make people panic, Meijer stocked- constantly.

BTW, the Fred Meyer connection is pretty close- we have those in Idaho. But much more stuff in Meijer.
                              Isn't Fred Meyer just Kroger now, but they kept the name in the states Fred Meyer operated?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I heard the same thing back when the tea party was just starting.
                                The Tea Party is different. That was an outside force that got co-opted. (and then took foothold) This is two factions within the same party with diametrically different feelings of what the heck is going on. Mitch couldn't even stop his own caucus from trying to de-certifying an election and electors. Even when everything and everyone told them not to pursue it cause it would cost them the Senate they did it gleefully.

What we are seeing is what Politico tries to pretend is going on with Dems. The Plutes are being overrun by the Fascists. Mitch doesn't even have the power to whip whiny powerwhores like Lindsay Graham anymore. (which is why Graham is flip flopping...he is the tell) The Fascists don't care about the money or serving their corporate overlords like Mitch and the normal GOP (or even the Tea Party and the Fredumbers) they serve the mob. They are acting like the House GOP...running their mouth and flying off the rails. That isn't how the Senate plays games like this, and it certainly isn't how Mitch would if he had what he wanted.

Put it another way...there is an insurrection in the Senate GOP. If Mitch had the votes and was only doing this as a stall tactic so Schumer would be majority leader when it happened his tone would be different, his answers would different...he would be different. That is why yesterday he sounded like he was all for this and today he doesn't know how he will vote. Mitch isn't pragmatic, he doesn't care if people like him or hate him or know the games he is playing. (he usually admits it outright like with Obama or with judges or the first impeachment) He is acting defeated and my guess is by the midterms someone like Cruz will be the defacto leader of the Senate GOP.

Honestly...the only way I see the GOP coming out of this in a decent position is if somehow the America First Party becomes a real thing. That will lead to defections of Trumpers...mostly in the House but I would guess clowns like Hawley and Cruz would consider it as well. That party is going to be a Trump Party through and through...

The House is an even worse fight. When clowns like Gym Jordan and Marjorie Qtard Greene have voices louder than Cheney and Kevin McCarthy...yikes. Of course stuff like that happens in the House.

I am not making guarantees because all it takes one bad act to happen for everything to change. But if you think Mitch isn't sweating this we will just have to agree to disagree.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 01-13-2021, 06:10 PM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X