Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    This is an honest question...could an electric company deny service to a strip club or abortion clinic? I think that the nature of these companies is that they are utilities versus something like a bakery. We’ll see how it plays out but I’m not sure these actions make things better.
    The electric company, no, because in most places they're a state regulated monopoly required to provide retail service to anyone in their territory.

But the cable company? they could turn off service in most places.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Why is it always the Democrats who have to work to make things better?

Why didn't the Republicans work to make things better these past two months, instead of continuing to spread conspiracy theories about how Biden wasn't the rightfully elected president, and pushing the bull**** being spread by Trump?

I mean, if they were so concerned about unity and what's best for the country?
      There is a lot Republicans need to do to. Hawley, Cruz, and others need to be kicked out of Congress and the Republican Party. The leaders need to be a lot more open and honest about what is happening and why it needs to stop.

McConnell had a great speech right as the insurrection was kicking off but that is only a starting point for the Republican Party coming to grips with reality.

Maybe I’m wrong but I think Kepler and I are on the same page with their being brainwashers and the brainwashed. The former need to be eradicated but the latter need some sort of education or therapy.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Remember, concerns over 1A, free speech, and censorship only apply to Republicans.

Kap takes a knee and black athletes wear shirts reading "I can't breathe." Conservatives remain silent or call for NFL/NBA boycotts. And remember, Kap is a communist traitor who hates America, the cops, and the military.

Duck Dynasty was cancelled due to homophobic and transphobic remarks by the cast, Roseanne was cancelled due to her blatant racism, and with Trump being Trump, now 1A matters. Then and only then do they bleat about free speech and censorship.

They fight like hell to keep "under God" in the Pledge, while actively working to strip "with liberty and justice for all."
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Bloomberg reporting Trump is confident he won’t be 25th’d and is planning on pardons, a trip to the Alamo, and action against Big Tech.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Bloomberg reporting Trump is confident he won’t be 25th’d and is planning on pardons, a trip to the Alamo, and action against Big Tech.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
            Why would he think anything different? Heck he’s got posters in here thinking it’s best if we just let him have his jollies much less republikkkans in Congress

Comment

• Susan Collins in disguise today on FTN

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...93823080914947

Comment

There is a lot Republicans need to do to. Hawley, Cruz, and others need to be kicked out of Congress and the Republican Party. The leaders need to be a lot more open and honest about what is happening and why it needs to stop.

McConnell had a great speech right as the insurrection was kicking off but that is only a starting point for the Republican Party coming to grips with reality.

Maybe I’m wrong but I think Kepler and I are on the same page with their being brainwashers and the brainwashed. The former need to be eradicated but the latter need some sort of education or therapy.
                McConnel may have had a great speech, but it was 4 years late. None of this came at any surprise- dumpy projected this behavior back in 2016, and his worshipers were ready to go to war back then. Had he lost, this would have happened back then. Secretary Clinton pointed that out, the news pointed that out, this board pointed that out.

McConnel ignored that so that he could have power. He then ignored the clear problem with Russia and vladdy, he ignored the clear violations with dumpy's companies, he ignored the security risk, and he VERY ignored the racists reply from Charlottesville. This was long time coming, and was fully supported by McConnel and the entire racist party for 4 years.

The fact that it took an assault on the capitol building to actually change his public tone just shows the kind of coward he is. Just as are the rest of the racist party.

The racists actually do need a revolution in their party. The greedy people have been using the actual racists to line their pockets for 30 years now. Few have actual regret, too. I'm ashamed that Steve Ross's name are still on buildings here at Michigan, as all of that greed and money has been on the backs of fooling actual racists to elect other greedy people to cut taxes and reduce protections that help real people.

Drew- these people have used YOU for the same reasons. The gun support rallying cry just vilified Democrats at every single turn. The end result is that you voted for them consistently up until now. And they got their tax cuts at the expense of you- smart gun regulations would have reduced mass murders, but instead there's far more support to abolish the 2nd thanks to how mass shootings as well as the armed assault on the capitol building. Your support of them may end your ability to own arms.

Anti abortionists are the same- I don't see the rich caring at all about abortion. But it's an easy rallying cry to get people to vote for their power. They then pass things that will clearly be shot down by judges, including conservative ones- and then decry that as being evil. Just to get more people angry and more voters for them.

The big difference between guns and abortion- there's money to be made selling guns.

McConnel is a coward. We've known that for way longer than 4 years now, and his speech just emphasizes that.

Comment

• Marriott and bcbs say they’re stopping donating to congress members who voted to overturn elections. Target and others evaluating. 3M had no comment LOL- do better.
                  some biggies of course won’t respond

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuddLegum...56863368962053

Comment

• We never should have conducted D-Day, cause all it was gonna do is pizz Hitler off and make the Germans fight harder.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Marriott and bcbs say they’re stopping donating to congress members who voted to overturn elections. Target and others evaluating. 3M had no comment LOL- do better.

I would love to get rid of Comcast, but that whole “totally not a monopoly, just happen to be the only service provider” part gets in the way.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Some really unbelievable comments from Pat Toomey on CNN today. Thinks him and 75 million other people made the right choice picking Trump in the election because of the radical left and that Trump is right on most issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Marriott and bcbs say they’re stopping donating to congress members who voted to overturn elections. Target and others evaluating. 3M had no comment LOL- do better.

Thanks to MSNBC, NBC/Universal/Comcast makes a lot of money on conflict.

Comment

Some really unbelievable comments from Pat Toomey on CNN today. Thinks him and 75 million other people made the right choice picking Trump in the election because of the radical left and that Trump is right on most issues.
                            Just remember, the only significant thing that dumpy has done was to cut taxes. For people who don't need it.

Everything else has been to rally "the base". To convince people who the tax cuts harm to vote for more tax cuts by convincing them that Democrats are the evil boogyman.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

McConnel may have had a great speech, but it was 4 years late. None of this came at any surprise- dumpy projected this behavior back in 2016, and his worshipers were ready to go to war back then. Had he lost, this would have happened back then. Secretary Clinton pointed that out, the news pointed that out, this board pointed that out.

McConnel ignored that so that he could have power. He then ignored the clear problem with Russia and vladdy, he ignored the clear violations with dumpy's companies, he ignored the security risk, and he VERY ignored the racists reply from Charlottesville. This was long time coming, and was fully supported by McConnel and the entire racist party for 4 years.

The fact that it took an assault on the capitol building to actually change his public tone just shows the kind of coward he is. Just as are the rest of the racist party.

The racists actually do need a revolution in their party. The greedy people have been using the actual racists to line their pockets for 30 years now. Few have actual regret, too. I'm ashamed that Steve Ross's name are still on buildings here at Michigan, as all of that greed and money has been on the backs of fooling actual racists to elect other greedy people to cut taxes and reduce protections that help real people.

Drew- these people have used YOU for the same reasons. The gun support rallying cry just vilified Democrats at every single turn. The end result is that you voted for them consistently up until now. And they got their tax cuts at the expense of you- smart gun regulations would have reduced mass murders, but instead there's far more support to abolish the 2nd thanks to how mass shootings as well as the armed assault on the capitol building. Your support of them may end your ability to own arms.

Anti abortionists are the same- I don't see the rich caring at all about abortion. But it's an easy rallying cry to get people to vote for their power. They then pass things that will clearly be shot down by judges, including conservative ones- and then decry that as being evil. Just to get more people angry and more voters for them.

The big difference between guns and abortion- there's money to be made selling guns.

McConnel is a coward. We've known that for way longer than 4 years now, and his speech just emphasizes that.
                              To be fair McConnell made his speech before the riot.

I am pretty discouraged how extreme the pro gun crowd has been since Trump has been in office. For the record I’m not against all gun control either, as I’ve made clear on this board.

The biggest thing that bothers me about gun control in the US is that it is almost completely funded by one person. He literally spent $6MM in Maine in 2016 trying to pass a law that wouldn’t have made the state safer and would have caused major legal issues. I think we universally agree there needs to be major campaign finance reform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I am not counseling backing off. Sometimes I wonder whether I can't write or people can't read.
                                Your problem is you write like you are still in Academia. Too many words with a rather passive feel. It feels more theoretical than it should. You need to change the voice of your writing to be closer to commentary. We aren't writing a thesis on what should have been done to the South here we are talking about how to deal with traitors in real time. The message you are conveying is being undercut by the words you use.

Now if you dont mind I have 4 classes for this semester to set up! (while reveling in the fact that my students are vast majority POC suck that Trump!)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X