Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’m just not seeing how people outside Alito and kavanaugh would have such a drastic view different than what these federalist society judges have already been tossing
    This is the hope we all share, if it actually got that far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      If I read right at this point it isnt about the 12th. If dueling electors are sent and both houses cant agree on a slate (and if the Governors Tie breaker isnt used) then it isnt a 12th Amedment problem. This falls under the purview of the Electoral Count Act.

If both Houses cannot agree then there is a failure to elect. As such the 20th Amendment is the focus. Since no President and Vice President have been confirmed next in line for succession is the Speaker of the House. Pelosi would hold the office until a deal is struck. Meanwhile Congress can only meet to debate the Electors they cannot do anything else. It is not a scenario the GOP wants.

This stuff was put in because of 1876 where the Dems tried the same move only they figured if the Electors were disputed it would go to the House (which I believe they controlled) and the Senate was Republican so they figured they had all the power since they count the votes. It was a mess. The ECA was supposed to solve that. It kind of does...
      Good find. This helps with the further scenarios I wondered about.

Comment

• I have spent sadly WAY too much time looking at this stuff the past 6 months. There is a lot of weird scenarios that could in theory play out but this was never one I thought would actually be relevant...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There is a lot of weird scenarios that could in theory play out but this was never one I thought would actually be relevant...
          Yup. Living in trump's AmeriKKKa sure has been a trip. I miss the days of George W. Bush when the federal administration was merely incompetent on most days and evil only on every 3rd Thursday. I always knew there was a possibility, however remote, that this country could collapse out of its own incompetence. But I never really expected treason and now sedition, which have filled every single day of trump's presidency. That nearly one out of every two adults in this country don't see it has been our biggest failing.

Comment

• Wow Chuck Todd seems to have stepped in it again today:

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1330530318739263490

“It looks like Biden is going to be the apparent winner. There’s still more to go through,” are real words that came out of Chuck Todd’s mouth this morning.
            https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/statu...24756463005705

15 days ago Biden won the election. Today @chucktodd gave Republican Sen. Kevin Cramer 8 minutes on @MeetThePress to push the conspiracy theory that Biden did not win You can lie about anything and the media will always invite you back
            Last edited by Handyman; 11-22-2020, 01:46 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...72262047690752

Trump's legal team is now asserting that DOUG COLLINS, not KELLY LOEFFLER would be participating in the January 5 runoff if Brian Kemp hadn't rigged the voting machines. Does LOEFFLER agree? Or will she admit that the Trump campaign's claims of voter fraud are BS.
              https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...75153428897797

"We don't know who bought their election.. I'm sure it crosses party lines.. I'm reasonably certain John James was ripped out of his seat, and he was entitled to have won that election by the real vote, and the same thing is true for Doug Collins in Georgia." —@SidneyPowell1
              So they obviously think Loeffler is the weaker of the two runoff candidates and are throwing her right under the bus.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jesus, I wonder if Scooby was watching? Chuck Todd sets him into the murderous rage that, well that every republican sets me into. At times the media is every bit as bad as trump says it is. For completely different reasons of course, but I can't think of anything that sounds more like fake news than saying "It looks like Biden is going to be the apparent winner. There’s still more to go through." I do think that Chuck Todd is useless on his very best days, a complete tool on his merely average days and on most days he is pitifully awful.

Comment

• Can't wait for the trump tweet with the appropriate name calling for these comments. When you've lost Chris Christie you've lost... well I'm not sure what you've lost. I do know your table full of Arby's roast beef sandwiches is probably a little safer.

Comment

• Favreau gives a good run down of what may happen in Michigan

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonfavs/s...05595758477312

Comment

• Why even have anyone certify if they can just be replaced Willy nilly by the governor? This whole system is just a big ****ing jambaroo
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Why even have anyone certify if they can just be replaced Willy nilly by the governor? This whole system is just a big ****ing jambaroo
                        Why have a board with even numbers? They are just begging for something like this to happen when they are political positions.

Favreau does a very good job explaining why all of this is just stupid.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/statu...38725550923776

Trump Campaign distancing themselves from Sidney Powell...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why have a board with even numbers? They are just begging for something like this to happen when they are political positions.

Favreau does a very good job explaining why all of this is just stupid.
                            I’d rather be guaranteed half than let Rs **** us all at the state level.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I’d rather be guaranteed half than let Rs **** us all at the state level.
                              They should be non-political appointees. Having full on political operatives on the board is ripe for corruption and crap like this. Look at Wayne County for Gritty's Sake!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They should be non-political appointees. Having full on political operatives on the board is ripe for corruption and crap like this. Look at Wayne County for Gritty's Sake!
                                I don’t know how any position like that can be considered non-political.

Fundamentally, I agree with you. This is all ****ing stupid. But I’d rather be sure we have a seat at the table than be shutout because Rs take the majority for more than a day.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X