Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Same here. The best I can work out is that the underlying cause is they hate the ‘coastal elites’ they feel the Dems represent, combined with Trump fulfilling the need for someone to worship along with the sense of community within ‘MAGA.’
    I've heard the devotion. Live. From someone I used to respect and admire. I don't get it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      and who knows how many are convinced that a massive CIA conspiracy is responsible for all the Kennedy deaths.
      "Just cuz everybody believes something doesn't mean it's wrong."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I threw that one in for Kep.
        Acknowledged and appreciated.

Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          It doesn't matter whether or not it works. It matters it's being tried and no one on the right cares.
          This is everything I have been so angry, and worried, about for the last week. Thank you. I could have saved 2000 words.
          Cornell University

Comment

• Boy this article in The Nation published almost a week before the election nailed it to the wall hard.

To stop a Trump coup,an unprecedented number of Americans will have to take to the streets and stay in the streets until he concedes the election and leaves the White House. But protest won’t be enough. To stop Trump’s coup, Democrats will have to be prepared to go as far as Republicans in casting aside political norms and playing political hardball. If Democrats act like legal scholars while Republicans fight a guerrilla war to make Trump the president at any cost, Democrats risk losing the presidency despite winning the majority of electoral votes at the polls—again.
            I would say Biden did not get the overwhelming win I had hoped for and the article suggests might have headed off any question, but I think it is fair to call his win clear and convincing. And to use another "quantum of proof" term, it actually is beyond any reasonable doubt.

I also know that some here would say it is alarmist and I am suffering from my own ammosexual fantasies, but I dare say much like Democrats will need to be prepared to go as far -- and further, if necessary -- as republicans in casting aside the political norms, progressive citizens better be prepared to do the same things as the enemy rebels. If Democratic politicians do not prevent the theft of this election, the coup will not be put down by a peaceable assembly of right think patriotic citizens. We will be staring at Civil War. Or capitulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Boy this article in The Nation published almost a week before the election nailed it to the wall hard.

I would say Biden did not get the overwhelming win I had hoped for and the article suggests might have headed off any question, but I think it is fair to call his win clear and convincing. And to use another "quantum of proof" term, it actually is beyond any reasonable doubt.

I also know that some here would say it is alarmist and I am suffering from my own ammosexual fantasies, but I dare say much like Democrats will need to be prepared to go as far -- and further, if necessary -- as republicans in casting aside the political norms, progressive citizens better be prepared to do the same things as the enemy rebels. If Democratic politicians do not prevent the theft of this election, the coup will not be put down by a peaceable assembly of right think patriotic citizens. We will be staring at Civil War. Or capitulation.
              Wild card: if that comes to pass, will the military be loyal to the sitting President or the legitimately elected President-elect? In theory (and in practice for 230 years), their loyalty is a step function that switches 100% the instant the new President is sworn in. If Humans take to the streets and the Nazis command the military to suppress - will they? Or will they take cues from an unsworn President-elect?

How insane is it that these are legitimate questions in the UNITED F-ing STATES OF AMERICA?
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1329771522324647936?s=20

CNN @CNN · 3h
                President Trump told an ally that he knows he lost, but that he is delaying the transition process and is trying to sow doubt about the election results in order to get back at Democrats for questioning the legitimacy of his 2016 election, a source says.
                https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/st...616707076?s=20

John Bolton @AmbJohnBolton · 2h
                Two Michigan legislators meet today with Donald Trump, who will inflict on them the political equivalent of blunt force trauma. The GOP's honor & integrity rest on the character of these two men. If they resist, we must come to their defense. If they falter, we are in trouble.

Comment

• I have no doubt he realizes he can’t get every state he needs to refuse to certify, but he hates whitmer so I’m sure he’ll be satisfied with Michigan imploding and someone attempting her public execution

Comment

• In 2016 Hillary Clinton conceded in the overnight following the election. Examples of democrats questioning the legitimacy of his election are few and far between, did not come from democrats in power, and virtually 100% of any concern expressed was in the fairness of the Electoral College. No one claimed trump didn't win the Electoral College (no one that matters, certainly not a sitting president), the call to action was maybe we need to change the process in the future.

trump is the one who for some reason known only to him, keeps litigating 2016. And at least 40% of America follows blindly along. I hope they realize if they continue to follow along they will be, like most of us, the first casualties of the coming civil war. Eventually the wealthy and connected will suffer, but the first people in the line of fire will be me and Billy Bob. At least I am aware enough to see that coming.

Comment

• I warned everyone this was coming and that the WHOLE of the Republican Party was laying the groundwork to attempt an actual, full out, crazy person coup. I knew it sounded nuts. I knew the Twitter bros were having a good time w it. But here were are and we MUST respond QUICKLY.
                      https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/...24413081014272
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I have no doubt he realizes he can’t get every state he needs to refuse to certify, but he hates whitmer so I’m sure he’ll be satisfied with Michigan imploding and someone attempting her public execution
                        Some people, especially those of us who were alive in the 1960s, like to push back when someone says we're more divided than ever and closer to the brink of tearing the country apart than we've been since the middle of the 19th century. The evidence offered is we have not seen the political assassinations like we did then, losing people like the Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. I disagree with that assessment. While political assassinations are horrific and destabilizing and risk lighting fires that can't easily be extinguished, I think we are far more divided than we were at anytime in the 1960s and actually much closer to the brink. One horrible event, like those the militias planned in Michigan, will absolutely light the powder keg. That I believe is 100% guaranteed.

Comment

• As I’ve said before, trumpettes blood bleeds red, not orange. IOW, when it spills on the street, dear leader won’t help or care and reality will set in as it pools around them.
                          Disgusting thought, but not far fetched. For now, let’s ready the nooses for any traitors. The time for “playing nice” is over. If the Rudy melt down doesn’t turn off trumpettes, nothing will.
                          I wrote my senator’s office (Sue Collins ) this morning and basically challenged her allegiances. Either Trump or the constitution. No other option.
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Pod Save America (by former Obama aides) is a good listen. They pointed out recently that Biden won not only the most votes in history, but by the biggest margin for any “challenger” of a sitting prez since FDR. It was, for our strictly partisan age, an actual landslide.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Lol:
                              ”OMG. Trump's lawyers filed an affidavit claiming statistical irregularities proving election fraud because they *confused Michigan for Minnesota* They thought "MI" = Minnesota (it's MN), and then compared a bunch of results in Minnesota to Michigan population statistics.”
                              I am beyond words right now
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                                I wrote my senator’s office (Sue Collins ) this morning and basically challenged her allegiances. Either Trump or the constitution. No other option.
                                Good, thank you. I sent a similar note yesterday to the Michigan knucklehead who is threatening to filibuster certification.
                                Also, I’m still hoping we avert the Trumpian civil war fantasy, but after my Trumpy colleague made a promise to get out his AR-15 to help Trump, I took stock and verified I have 4 boxes of .30-06 and 6 boxes of .308. Those fancy-looking .223’s are not as deadly as a good deer rifle.
                                Last edited by geezer; 11-20-2020, 12:07 PM.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X