Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m sure if someone told that guy his wife ****ed a donkey, he’d have to assume it could be true until he did a full investigation

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I don’t think Michigan certifies next week. I fully believe the next few days will be spent threatening and blackmailing GOP members in key states to prevent electors from being named
      I think our democracy is crumbling before our very eyes. I think the process of "certifying" these elections in enough states is going to grind to a halt in more states than is needed to deny Biden 270 EC votes. I think the coup is actually starting.

The lawsuits, the recounts, it's all sleight of hand garbage. They knew lawsuits would fail. They knew recounts would change dozens or hundreds of votes, not necessarily in trump's favor, and certainly not the thousands he needs. I think the republicans are angling to find a way to install trump as the public face of their dictatorship. I think all the resulting chaos we are about to see is by design.

A week ago I didn't believe that was likely. 2 days ago I was still hopeful. Yesterday I began to lose that feeling. There really is no other logical explanation for why people like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham have acted the way they have and said the things they have said in the last week. There is really no reason that the vast majority of republicans in elected federal offices have not stepped up and PUBLICLY told trump it is over. They could signal the House to begin impeachment proceedings and get rid of him by weekend's end if they wanted to. But they aren't. And that is telling.

We are witnessing something that too many people thought was not possible in this country. As fvcked up as things are, too many discounted the possibility of something this bad happening. And that is the very attitude that makes it both possible, and more likely. I really hope in the days or weeks to come I get to come here and eat a mountain of crow. At least if I am wrong, a place like this will still exist for dissenters to gather.

Comment

• **** the MN GOP. you haven’t won a statewide race since 06 and it’s because you’re terrible people .

taking direction directly from ronna

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomscheck...04902595801098

Comment

• The riots will be unprecedented in world history. We are sitting on a shipload of powder kegs and Republicans are playing with sparklers. It was nice knowing you boys.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• SJHovey thinks this is fine...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Mnuchin ended federal loans to small businesses. The stated GOP goal in crashing the economy if Biden survives to take office is to “light so many fires that he can’t put them out” (with an eye to regaining power)....
              But guess who they are using as fuel?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• What is it with republicans and beheading?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...15598758883328

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  SJHovey thinks this is fine...
                  As do all the Good Germans of 2020 America who continue to insist that Herr von Hindenburg and the moderates will keep Herr Hitler from going too far.

Comment

• Tucker Carlson went after Sidney Powell on her lack of evidence. Says he offered to give her the entire hour to present it and crickets.

MAGA Country is turning on him. Zero sympathy. You can't help create a monster, then be mad when it tries to eat you.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdar...95108078063619
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• So a gem popped up in my cousin's Facebook memories. 4 years ago today, she was lamenting all the famous people who died in 2016 (Bowie, Prince, Ali, Gordie Howe, Alan Rickman, among others). Being a raging hippie liberal, she also included on her list "American Democracy."

I replied (in 2016), "Meh - democracy is just fine. Talk to me in 2020 if Trump doesn't leave office in an orderly fashion."

Nailed it.
                      Last edited by LynahFan; 11-19-2020, 10:56 PM.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• ****!!

olivier Knox got laid off by Sirius. Was my absolute favorite show. What a ****ing year
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

**** the MN GOP. you haven’t won a statewide race since 06 and it’s because you’re terrible people .

taking direction directly from ronna

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomscheck...04902595801098
                          Some of the replies to replies are priceless!

Jennifer Carnahan@jkcarnah · 7h
                          As we've been analyzing vote results in Minnesota, we are seeing extreme data abnormalities, that from a statistical variance standpoint, do not make sense. Sometimes it takes digging deep enough to uncover information that is completely 'off.' More to come soon...
                          InsideJoke @JO_clever_KE Replying to @jkcarnah
                          I bet Republican leaders rigged the vote because they were blackmailed with tapes of them raping children. Will this be investigated will every member of the GOP push for a complete investigation into their members for the violent rape of children?
                          J-Mac @JaymacSw · 7h Replying to @JO_clever_KE and @jkcarnah
                          I've seen some statistical abnormalities that suggest GOP child rapings were higher in mostly white rural counties throughout the South and Midwest. All those votes must be tossed immediately! The Constitution will prevail!
                          Ralph· 4h Replying to @JO_clever_KE and @jkcarnah
                          Just let the process play out! Why not allow an audit/investigation?
                          InsideJoke @JO_clever_KE · 4h
                          Exactly every Republican Politician in the Country needs to be investigated for Child rape. Those with Children should be separated from them until investigation are completed. We need to let the process play out and get to the bottom of this.
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-20-2020, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/cspan/sta...41990074216453

@Yamiche
                            : "What do you say to Americans, especially immigrant Americans who came to the United States looking for political stability and seeing all the things that the president is doing?"
                            @JoeBiden
                            : “Hang on. I’m on my way.”
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Phew. Glad my prediction of an attempted coup this election proved to be wrong. Sniffles took the loss like a man, the GOP has committed to a peaceful transition to a Biden administration and nothing unusual is happening at the Pentagon or with SCOTUS. That was tense. I was afraid Sniffles would refuse to accept the loss and try to stay in power. Like, can you imagine if the American Secretary of State said there would be an easy transition to a 2nd Sniffles term, even though the election was a landslide for Biden? Or if racist inbred hicks had tried to kidnap and murder the governor of Michigan (or even seize control of the Michigan Capitol and execute the Democrats in the state legislature) or try to shoot up a building in Philadelphia where they were counting votes. LOL! I heard the majority leaders of the Michigan legislature agreed to meet with Sniffles at the White House to discuss...the weather? Did you see that the host of voter fraud charges have led most Republicans (and even 1 in 6 Democrats!) to believe the election was illegitimate? But I'm sure that's wrong. After all, our institutions will save us. Congress, for instance, has done a first-rate job! Well, except the sitting US senator who has called election officials around the country and tried to have votes tossed out for...reasons. But that's probably the Lugenpresse up to its old tricks. Or the GSA who is doing everything in its considerable power to help the Biden transition team work with the existing departments. That's so important, especially with the uncontrolled surge of Coronavirus infections hitting the nation. Fortunately that's a reality we don't have to face.

It'd be a real mess if any of that happened. It might look like the Beer Hall Putsch in Germany or the Blackshirts in Italy. We really dodged a bullet there. Thankfully it was all unjustified hysteria and everything is awesome!!

Comment

What is it with republicans and beheading?

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...15598758883328
                                America's Taliban.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X