Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is a good string of tweets. Starting off:

    David Frum @davidfrum 5h
    No more happy talk about the "uniquely American transition of power." Trump presidency and this post-election period confirm that the US is *less* committed to democratic norms - and has *weaker* institutional safeguards for democracy - than peer wealthy democracies.
    Just being playful - nothing serious:

    @NicoleGoodkind 1h
    This is Trump's argument: George Soros, Biden, the Clinton Foundation & the antifa worked with the Venezuelan government to rig the election by making big Dem cities vote for the Democratic candidate. But they also let Republicans win Senate, Congressional and local races.


    @NicoleGoodkind 1h
    The most insane thing is that this an accurate description of what Trump's personal lawyers are telling the American people uninterrupted on Fox News and that very few GOP Senators or Congressman will refute these claims in any way.
    And again our leaders are taking the queues from conservative voters that refuse to call this out.

    Maggie Haberman
    Some Trump advisers - none of whom are speaking publicly - are saying this press conference and what Giuliani is doing is dangerous. They’re waiting for the president to recognize that but he is not so far.

    Comment


    • Add Wisconsin to the list of states Biden won that the process for overturning the will of the voters is in its incipient stages.

      At one point, Republican Commissioner Dean Knudson suggested all the absentee ballots requested through the state’s online portal were invalid because of the way the system logs those requests.
      That is my vote Dean Knudson is talking about. My legally obtained, legally and properly filled out, and legally and properly delivered to my polling place ballot. My voice. If the government will not accept my legal vote I have no voice. Remember as the riots were unfolding this summer after George Floyd was murdered by cops and those of us who understood WHY they were happening recalled the words of Martin Luther King Jr, that riots were the voice of the unheard? I dare people like Dean Knudson to silence the voice I made heard by voting.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Nice dodge. I wasn't asking about talk. I was asking about action.

        You're asking us not to care that Trump moved us toward fascism.

        I'm asking if you would care if President AOC moved us toward socialism.
        Yeah, exactly, you talked about action, when all Trump did is talk.

        You guys spent four years talking about the fascist, autocratic dictatorship that we had installed, and I let you do it. I knew it wasn't true, that it was just a group bloviating because they were astounded Clinton lost, and that she'd lose to some blowhard like Trump.

        You can sit here and claim that Trump turned us towards fascism. You claiming it doesn't make it true.

        Would Trump have like to have been an authoritarian, fascist dictator? No doubt. Was there any chance of him pulling it off? No chance.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

        Comment


        • Aaah, yes. The Institutions are holding argument.

          Bull****.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

            Democracy may not be over, but we don't have to have become an actual fascist state to recognize it's been shot to hell and on life support. You're trying to dismiss the opposition as emotional basket cases is just gross. You're intelligent enough to see it for what it is and yet continue to choose to look the other way. That a sane adult laughs in the face of what this President has done and is trying to do there really is nothing left but contempt. In that regard respectfully gfy.
            I think you're wrong. In fact, I think an argument can even be made that having had to live through a Trump presidency has actually in many ways strengthened the country, and democracy in it. More people have become engaged in the political process. A broader cross-section of races, gender preferences, religions have gotten involved and have run for (and been elected to) office, all in response to Trump. The news media has expanded into different mediums, and has been much less likely to accept the "official" explanation of things, much more likely to be openly critical or even contemptuous.

            We aren't any closer to an authoritarian, fascist dictatorship today than we were four years ago, and candidly it would be even harder to establish one now than it ever was before, largely due to the response to the Trump presidency.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

            Comment


            • If you take out Wayne County it changes the results...
              yeah that's why we don't do that Rudy. God these people **** me off.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

              R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

              SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
              Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
              Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
              Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
              Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

              Comment


              • Jenna says we don’t need evidence

                https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...93386999586817

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Jenna says we don’t need evidence

                  https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...93386999586817
                  This is changing the subject a bit, but didn't that Jenna Ellis call Trump a moron or something like that a couple of years ago? I thought I saw reference to it, but I can't find it now.

                  I do think that's kind of funny, if in fact she said it, but is now standing there with Rudy making these stupid arguments on behalf of Trump.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                    This is changing the subject a bit, but didn't that Jenna Ellis call Trump a moron or something like that a couple of years ago? I thought I saw reference to it, but I can't find it now.

                    I do think that's kind of funny, if in fact she said it, but is now standing there with Rudy making these stupid arguments on behalf of Trump.
                    Yes, she did. Now she's full on Dumper.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                      This is changing the subject a bit, but didn't that Jenna Ellis call Trump a moron or something like that a couple of years ago? I thought I saw reference to it, but I can't find it now.

                      I do think that's kind of funny, if in fact she said it, but is now standing there with Rudy making these stupid arguments on behalf of Trump.
                      She did say all of it, that trumps was unfit to lead, a moron, everything that has proven to be accurate. But now she says she was wrong. Having gotten to know the man, she sees his is truly heaven sent, a savior second only to Christ himself.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Jenna says we don’t need evidence

                        https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...93386999586817
                        Pretty sure that's the psycho that Bill Maher had on his last show before break. She's certifiably insane.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                          I think you're wrong. In fact, I think an argument can even be made that having had to live through a Trump presidency has actually in many ways strengthened the country, and democracy in it. More people have become engaged in the political process. A broader cross-section of races, gender preferences, religions have gotten involved and have run for (and been elected to) office, all in response to Trump. The news media has expanded into different mediums, and has been much less likely to accept the "official" explanation of things, much more likely to be openly critical or even contemptuous.

                          We aren't any closer to an authoritarian, fascist dictatorship today than we were four years ago, and candidly it would be even harder to establish one now than it ever was before, largely due to the response to the Trump presidency.
                          One small fact you seem to be overlooking is that nearly half the people in this country are too stupid to see what trump is doing. Their response to the trump presidency was to come out and vote for him in record numbers for a loser. They are too stupid to realize all his bleating about fraud and stolen elections is false, and Biden actually won. I'm not sure but I suspect YOU even know Biden won this election and won it fairly and freely, by having more people vote for him both overall and in the correct states to win the EC. But people like you who have a clear understanding of the written word, can critically evaluate a charlatan like trump and can probably even discern the differences between socialism, communism, capitalism and fascism make up about 1% of your party anymore, 2% if I'm feeling particularly generous. Nearly half the people "engaged in the political process" either are too stupid to see what trump is, or are full on racist fascists. Neither gives me 1/1000th of the hope you seem to have for this country. We might see it ending on January 20th, 2021. We might not. But unless and until the the majority of the republican party once again believes in facts and truth and evidence, we are goners.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                            I think you're wrong. In fact, I think an argument can even be made that having had to live through a Trump presidency has actually in many ways strengthened the country, and democracy in it. More people have become engaged in the political process. A broader cross-section of races, gender preferences, religions have gotten involved and have run for (and been elected to) office, all in response to Trump. The news media has expanded into different mediums, and has been much less likely to accept the "official" explanation of things, much more likely to be openly critical or even contemptuous.

                            We aren't any closer to an authoritarian, fascist dictatorship today than we were four years ago, and candidly it would be even harder to establish one now than it ever was before, largely due to the response to the Trump presidency.
                            the majority of your party wants to disregard the results of a free and fair election and install Trump into a second term.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                              I think you're wrong. In fact, I think an argument can even be made that having had to live through a Trump presidency has actually in many ways strengthened the country, and democracy in it. More people have become engaged in the political process. A broader cross-section of races, gender preferences, religions have gotten involved and have run for (and been elected to) office, all in response to Trump. The news media has expanded into different mediums, and has been much less likely to accept the "official" explanation of things, much more likely to be openly critical or even contemptuous.

                              We aren't any closer to an authoritarian, fascist dictatorship today than we were four years ago, and candidly it would be even harder to establish one now than it ever was before, largely due to the response to the Trump presidency.
                              And almost 11 million more people than 2016 thought it was a good idea to vote for the blowhard who has done substantial, long-term damage to our alliances, our economy, our ability to manage and counter rising world powers like China, and who has collectively shamed us as Americans all around the world. He did all of this while also doing virtually nothing on the domestic front after inheriting a roaring economy, and instead did all the things Republicans spent 8 years accusing Obama of doing - dividing the country, committing crimes, igniting racial tensions, escalating the national debt, making healthcare worse, encouraging fawning access journalism, instituting cronyism and a spoils system, appointing ill-qualified and ill-mannered judges to the federal courts, etc. etc. etc.

                              You all sure "owned" the libs though. So much for America First, which we all know really means White Male Conservatives First, but whatever.

                              Comment


                              • As much as we need to be letting our worthless republican politicians know the whole world is watching them as they allow a madman to hijack our election process, I think it is important we light MASSIVE fires underneath the sometimes equally worthless a ss es of our Democratic ones too. As silent as too many republicans have been, we also seem to have far too many Democrats who are content to "let our institutions save us." These politicians need to act, act boldly and act now to nip this 5h!t in the bud. Those of you living in states and House districts with Democratic federal office holders need to be on THEM like stink on stool about this election. I previously made calls and sent emails to the traitor Senator in Wisconsin, but now I have also emailed and called Tammy Baldwin to encourage her to get off the sidelines and get in the game. This may turn out all right, but right now I think this is a crisis that FAR exceeds what we were facing on 9-11. By a lightyear.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X