Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Unified Election Thread 2: What is the difference between Biden and Dump?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Thoughts on this jim?

Silver thinks with the new primary system Murkowski could go independent and caucus with Dems.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/st...851436545?s=21
    She seems to think the same thing: https://twitter.com/AK_OK/status/1347656319486943234

It doesn't surprise me, she'd be screwed under the FPTP system but with RCV she's got a real chance to go independent, stay in her seat, and repair her image with the independents.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Thoughts on this jim?

Silver thinks with the new primary system Murkowski could go independent and caucus with Dems.

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/st...851436545?s=21
      I'm not holding my breath, and I'm sure he's not either.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Sounds like the WV state senator who participated in the insurrection was taken into custody by the FBI.
        The ******** who took the postcard from Pelosi's desk was arrested.

Edit, also arrested:
        Elijah Schafer, the other dimwit in Pelosi's office who thought it would be smart to post a photo of Pelosi's computer monitor then later claim he was a journalist. lol
        He technically is. He writes for The Blaze sometimes and has a Podcast or something. He was whining about how he was being censored on twitter just a few hours ago and his fans were eating it up. They dont seem to get that committing federal crimes such as Insurrection and Sedition arent protected by the First Amendment ESPECIALLY when you post sensitive material on Twitter and tag yourself in it.

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. He fcuked around and found out!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'm not holding my breath, and I'm sure he's not either.
          Like I said, with our new Jungle Primary/Top 4 RCV General system she doesn't need the Republican Party as much anymore, especially the Trump Republican Party. She can get the money to get reelected elsewhere (hello oil companies and Alaska Native Corporations).
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Since it help for you folks to have this info re: Murkowski: Ballot Measure 2 passed this last November and it eliminates Party Primaries in favor of a Jungle Primary into a Top 4 runoff with Ranked Choice Voting. So Murkowski can't be primaried by Sarah Palin (the only Republican who had a realistic shot of doing so). In all honesty, in a RCV system she's got good odds of keeping her seat.

I give it a 50/50 shot she goes independent. If she can get some choice committee assignments and some funding for things I can see her doing it.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Hah I just asked that...thanks Jim!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Since it help for you folks to have this info re: Murkowski: Ballot Measure 2 passed this last November and it eliminates Party Primaries in favor of a Jungle Primary into a Top 4 runoff with Ranked Choice Voting. So Murkowski can't be primaried by Sarah Palin (the only Republican who had a realistic shot of doing so). In all honesty, in a RCV system she's got good odds of keeping her seat.

I give it a 50/50 shot she goes independent. If she can get some choice committee assignments and some funding for things I can see her doing it.
                You think she will caucus with the Dems?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance...Jungle Primary?
                  https://ballotpedia.org/Alaska_Ballo...itiative_(2020)
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You think she will caucus with the Dems?
                    If there's enough in it for her.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Sounds like the WV state senator who participated in the insurrection was taken into custody by the FBI.
                      The ******** who took the postcard from Pelosi's desk was arrested.

Edit, also arrested:
                      Elijah Schafer, the other dimwit in Pelosi's office who thought it would be smart to post a photo of Pelosi's computer monitor then later claim he was a journalist. lol
                      This reminds me of the most DC thing I've ever seen. I swear I am not making this up.

A bureaucrat friend of Dr. Mrs. (Hawaiian native affairs -- meh, ya gotta have a gimmick) texted Dr. Mrs. during the Beerbelly Putsch with a photo of one of the Nazis in Pelosi's office. You can just make out the corner of some file folders behind him and he had blown the corner up and circled one of the Pendaflex labels. He texted "Oh thank god, I am working on this and we have no idea whether Pelosi was even looking at it but if it was on her desk then we should get some action on it in the new term."

And that, my friends, is why the Nazis could never defeat the Deep State. Because, like New York, or rust, their anxiety never sleeps.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2021, 04:41 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        If there's enough in it for her.
                        If I'm Chuck I say welcome aboard. Susie too.

I can still remember when all the rats left the sinking ship when we lost the South in the 80s. There seemed to be a national or state Dixiecrat jumping from the Dems to the GOP every week during Reagan's second term, when they figured out there was no coming back for the racists so it was either follow them or lose your seat.

Let's do the same thing to the GOP. Leave them Dump's empty husk. Scoop up every single Member who wants to run. Don't give them anything legislatively, but give them just enough pork to cover. The country will benefit in the long run if we can either blow the Republican party up or force it to confront Dump to protect itself and thus trigger its own split.

Kill the Nazis; save the world.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2021, 04:39 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• I had not seen any long form video of the moments leading up to the one enemy combatant who was shot, and I rarely watch these videos, but this time I did. Actually, I NEVER watch these videos. Death is ugly, even when expected or justified. But this woman clearly is not an innocent victim.

That she was the one shot appears to be at least somewhat random as there were plenty of people there, all hell bent on getting through those doors, where just minutes earlier members of congress were being ushered by. But she does appear to be climbing through the doors or windows. Frankly, had the first cops on the scene (the ones who vacate the area just before more properly equipped tactical officers arrive on the scene) opened fire, I would not have cared one little bit. These people wanted the war. They wanted the violence. How fortunate for all but one they will eventually get to go home. In fact, 99.9% of them already are home.

Perhaps if many more had paid with their lives, the next battle could be avoided. I know most here don't agree with that, and those that don't are probably right, and probably better people than I am. But I'm telling you, these people want a war. We're going to get one, whether we want it or not. If the cops and the military really are on the side of the law and the rules and the constitution, an appropriate show of force on Wednesday would have provided me some proof of that. And with what this mob -- or at the very least some components of this mob -- were wanting to do, deadly force was absolutely justified.
                          Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 01-08-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• I flipped on Faux on Thursday and some clown was talking about how he believes Schumer will cut a deal with McConnell for a shared leadership since it is 50/50. I havent laughed that hard in WEEKS!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If I'm Chuck I say welcome aboard. Susie too.

I can still remember when all the rats left the sinking ship when we lost the South in the 80s. There seemed to be a national or state Dixiecrat jumping from the Dems to the GOP every week during Reagan's second term, when they figured out there was no coming back for the racists so it was either follow them or lose your seat.

Let's do the same thing to the GOP. Leave them Dump's empty husk. Scoop up every single Member who wants to run. Don't give them anything legislatively, but give them just enough pork to cover. The country will benefit in the long run if we can either blow the Republican party up or force it to confront Dump to protect itself and thus trigger its own split.

Kill the Nazis; save the world.

Lisa will take every bit of pork funding she can get. She'll use it to invoke the legacy of Ted Stevens during the election (ol' Uncle Ted never met a piece of pork he didn't like and that's how he got reelected every time).
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I never said I did. I said I dont trust them. You can choose to if you like but I dont. The FBI was soliciting help while the news was posting names on TV. They could have had some flunky go on Twitter and had these guys identified in minutes. Most of them self identified in real time...
                                And they probably did. as well as other things, like getting triangulations of all the cell phones in the capitol building at that time, and soliciting help from the public.

There's more than one thing they can be doing. And they probably are. Quit whining just for once, until you have something factual to actually whine about.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X